• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Name That Hawks Draft... Trade Acquisition!

lethalweapon3

• Moderators

Doing a twist on past "Name That Hawks Draft Pick" threads to highlight players acquired, via trade, either on NBA Draft day, in the days leading up to the Draft, or in the post-Draft days leading up to free agency. (e.g., Nique won't count, since his 1982 arrival came over two months after the Draft).

In addition to NBA veterans, the players can include rookies drafted in the year of the trade, but not draft picks selected in future years.

Away we go...

Bimbo-Coles-Virginia-Tech-Crossfit.jpg

Hint #1: In addition to Crossfit, this guy enjoys seeing his name featured prominently on bakery trucks... and not just in Mexico anymore!

~lw3

4 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Bimbo Coles

Haha wtf...I just saw ur post...JINX buy me a Coke ...

i dont think its him though...I guess it could be but his face didn't look like that.

1 minute ago, lethalweapon3 said:

reggie-theus.jpg

Hint #2: "Oh, c'mon, Teddy, why should we be tanking?" (BONUS: Identify the actor who plays Teddy.)

~lw3

Reggie Theus

Anthony Anderson

• Moderators

Trailblazers-71-72-Head-Gary-Gregor.jpg

Hint #3: Dem sideburns, tho! Once nabbed 35 rebounds in a game for an "ACC" team. Drafted by an expansion team, this guy scored 44 points over back-to-back days during his All-Rookie season against the Hawks, who were so impressed they traded to get him four months later!

~lw3

34 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

reggie-theus.jpg

Hint #2: "Oh, c'mon, Teddy, why should we be tanking?" (BONUS: Identify the actor who plays Teddy.)

~lw3

Is that Reggie Theus?   And dude looks like STEEL from Juice, but that can't be him.

35 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Reggie Theus

Anthony Anderson

LOL @ Anthony Anderson . . . looks nothing like him, but I guess.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

SFHoops.jpg

Hints #5 and #6: Two tons o' fun! The Hawks somehow got BOTH these guys (not looking like this, though) in the same trade! "Shocking," ain't it?

~lw3

Cliff Levingston and Antoine Carr

3 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Is that Reggie Theus?   And dude looks like STEEL from Juice, but that can't be him.

LOL @ Anthony Anderson . . . looks nothing like him, but I guess.

Definitely Theus.  Hang Time sitcom.

Anthony Anderson used to be a bigger fat-arse than he is now.  He used to be as big as @Spud2Nique

7 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

SFHoops.jpg

Hints #5 and #6: Two tons o' fun! The Hawks somehow got BOTH these guys (not looking like this, though) in the same trade! "Shocking," ain't it?

~lw3

They were the perfect backups/part-time starters on the frontline. Played hard, shot a good percentage from the field, and wasn't afraid to mix it up every now and then.  Cliff and Antoine.

Sad that their tenue as Hawks are only known to Hawks fans.  Cliff is more famous for his 2 year stint with the Bulls championship teams.   And Antoine was a key cog off the bench when Utah was an elite team and going to the Finals.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

7345258-2386856.jpg

Hint #7: The guy who owns this place, and probably could've used a visit here back in the day.

~lw3

Dan Dickau.

Are you even trying, lw3?

1 minute ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Sly-Williams-e1449508221881.png

Hint #8: This Ram was like a Fox... at least, until he got busted kidnapping people!

~lw3

Lol wtffff

13 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Definitely Theus.  Hang Time sitcom.

Anthony Anderson used to be a bigger fat-arse than he is now.  He used to be as big as @Spud2Nique

It's true we sweat sugar together!