• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Travis Schlenk: "The goal is to find another Steph Curry, Klay Thompson, Draymond Green"

GameTime

6 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

You sure you don't want to up the bet to $40 per year like that other poster? Lol!

I think Peoria is trying to reneg....:-|

7 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

You sure you don't want to up the bet to $40 per year like that other poster? Lol!

Man, I didn't even see that.  I'm learning selective ignoring of certain posters.

3 hours ago, AHF said:

So KG wins in that hypothetical.  

I'm rooting for you on this Peoria because if you are right I think it means that Sap has returned to Atlanta on a reasonable deal, but I'm not putting any money on you!

What do you consider a reasonable deal considering he passed up $21, Dwights at $23 AND his starting max tops out at $35.2 MILLION?

1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

Anybody else thinks Millsap gets $40 mil per year like this poster? Lol!

Not me. I'm hoping for a declining scale contract - less money as he ages.

28 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Yeah, it's total deal / # of years.  If that equals over $25mil, @Peoriabird will be rockin' a new avi ... and it will be fabulous.

Can't wait, lol!!

• Premium Member
43 minutes ago, Lurker said:

And not everyone improves. What THJ did from January on is likely his absolute MAXIMUM. This was likely his career year.

Maxed out @ 25 in his 1st opportunity to start...lol!!!!

• Like 1

I'm keeping my expectations extremely low on everything Hawks-related for the foreseeable future.  This is a franchise who is selling their renovations and training facility as their top attractions for FAs, fans, and business partners.  They know the floor product is gonna be ass.  

I hate to have turned into a Mizzy©.  A quick Howard & Baze packaging will greatly accelerate my conversion back to normal.

3 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Maxed out @ 25 in his 1st opportunity to start...lol!!!!

SG isn't like PG. You are who you are at SG, and most likely THJ is going to regress back to his normal career numbers at 42ish% shooting.

And you want THAT...with awful defense in the starting lineup?

Yeah. This conversation will no longer continue. Bye!

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, Lurker said:

SG isn't like PG. You are who you are at SG, and most likely THJ is going to regress back to his normal career numbers at 42ish% shooting.

And you want THAT...with awful defense in the starting lineup?

Yeah. This conversation will no longer continue. Bye!

Derozan's per his 1st 4 years in the league was no higher than 14.8.  Now it is 24.  I would say that's an improvement.

Klay Thompson 1st 3 years no higher than 14.97 shot to 20 in his 4th year

Bradley Beal's 1st 4 years per peaked @15.6..now it's 20.2

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Derozan's per his 1st 4 years in the league was no higher than 14.8.  Now it is 24.  I would say that's an improvement.

Now tell me a non lottery pick that has shot up big time and sustained it. Or just log off.

• Moderators

I'm just going to jump in at the end here even though I'm out of my element.

As far as Sap being a half court, get me a bucket guy?  That just  happened this past year.  He was terrible before that and i think was 0-everytime in clutch situations in the year before.   

So I fully expect Hardaway to be able to grow into that and be a better clutch performer.   I have doubts as to whether he'll rise to an all star level but the guy has all the offensive tools to be hard to stop with one glaring exception.  He's not a consistent shooter.   But that's one thing that guys have proven they can improve on.   Everything else he has. 

• Like 4

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Now tell me a non lottery pick that has shot up big time and sustained it. Or just log off.

1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

As far as Sap being a half court, get me a bucket guy?  That just  happened this past year.  He was terrible before that and i think was 0-everytime in clutch situations in the year before.   

So I fully expect Hardaway to be able to grow into that and be a better clutch performer.   I have doubts as to whether he'll rise to an all star level but the guy has all the offensive tools to be hard to stop with one glaring exception.  He's not a consistent shooter.   But that's one thing that guys have proven they can improve on.   Everything else he has. 

He has already improved his shooting this past season...shot .46% from the field and 36% from 3

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Tim's off the bounce game is very overrated. If you dare him to shoot, he can't get to the basket effectively. It's only when teams play up on him in which he can.

It's not that I don't like him, but I think people are getting enamored by his thunderous dunking and that Houston miracle.

Just now, Peoriabird said:

He has already improved his shooting this past season...shot .46% from the field and 36% from 3

and this was helped by his cutting off of the ball and fastbreak game....the cutting off the ball thing disappears if your certain someone that you want gone is gone because Howard is a trash passer...

What I have said with Taurean...applies also to THJ. If you just let Millsap go and you don't replace his secondary playmaking ability (which is better than Schröder's playmaking), their offensive games are going to go into the trash. New York Timmy will reappear with no Sap and we will see more of the 36% shooting Taurean without Sap than the guy we saw from Mid March.

It's more than just the stats.