• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Travis Schlenk: "The goal is to find another Steph Curry, Klay Thompson, Draymond Green"

GameTime

I think I might have been on the money with how they will build the team. 

1. Identify key players and how we are going to build around them or with them. 

2. Take several steps back on talent to take two steps forward in terms of fit to the system. 

3.  Draft very talented players who can develop within the program and graduate to becoming stars. 

4. Build a great unit. 

5. A youth movement while maintaining a winning presence with vets who play the right way and fit the personnel. 

6. NO BAD CONTRACTS!

Edited by NBASupes

That's why trades like D. Carroll , C. Joseph +#23 for Dwight is legit for us. 

That's why even trades where all we get is a backup shooter like Moore for Bazemore is good. We need to only invest in good contracts till you get your guys and even then, good contracts. 

I  like this guy already. He is saying the right thing, just hope he does the right thing. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Sounds like Millsap could be walking and Dwight could traded. A soft rebuild around Dennis. Makes me think they let THJR walk as well.

Depends on the offers. Rather have him back then to have him leave. GM Bud was trash, we needed this.

Edited by NBASupes

3 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I would rather let him walk out the door with Millsap if we are going the rebuild route...finally.

He's an asset if the price is around Terrence Ross level, he needs to stay. Anything about that is too much. 

• Premium Member
Just now, NBASupes said:

He's an asset if the price is around Terrence Ross level, he needs to stay. Anything about that is too much. 

I don't think we could get him to sign a reasonable deal that we could then flip for a team wanting him at the deadline or next summer. I'd rather let him walk and embrace the tank around Dennis and Prince the only two decent young players we have.

• Like 1

First of all, this is how I feel about the hiring

tenor.gif

I think this move is going to be a start of a cleaning house of this team.  I don't think that Millsap and Howard will be on this team and he will be on Baze to get better.  Good choice!!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sothron said:

I don't think we could get him to sign a reasonable deal that we could then flip for a team wanting him at the deadline or next summer. I'd rather let him walk and embrace the tank around Dennis and Prince the only two decent young players we have.

I don't think Atlanta will sign him to flip him. I am saying that if they signed him to a deal, flipping him needs to be an option if progress is not attained. 

• Premium Member

There are some off-seasons when you can pretty much look to 1 or 2 moves plus the draft being pretty much the whole of the transition... especially in ATL where we've for so long had some inclination that the right tweak and maybe the right fortuitous injury on another contender could put us in position to challenge for the conference title.

This season is so not that, I can't even begin to try to imagine what's going to happen, or even what I think should happen... other than, letting go of Millsap (assuming he finds the market as aggressive for his services as what I think it will be).

So, count me as someone who will be paying attention as always to what goes down, but too many moving parts and too many uncertainties for me to don the amateur GM cap this time and feel it's even barely a worthwhile investment of time.

• Like 4

Just looking at Draft Express's 2018 mock draft, these are the top 14 picks at this time:

1.  Luka Doncic, SG, Real Madrid

2.  Michael Porter, SF/PF, HS Senior

3.  DeAndre Ayton, C, HS Senior

4.  Mohamed Bamba, PF, HS Senior

5.  Robert Williams, PF, Texas A&M, sophomore

6.  Miles Bridges, SF/PF, Michigan State, sophomore

7.  Wendell Carter, PF, HS Senior

8.  Collin Sexton, PG, HS Senior

9.  Jaren Jackson, PF/C, HS Senior

10.  Isaac Bonga, SF, Frankfurt (International)

11.  Trevon Duval, PG, HS Senior

12.  Lonnie Walker, SG, HS Senior

13.  Mitchell Robinson, C, HS Senior

14.  Troy Brown, SG, HS Senior

So, who is the sure fire, can't miss star prospect in this group?  Who is the next Stephen Curry from this group?  Hell, we don't even know if most of these guys can even play at the college level yet, but we want to tank out to get them.  It just goes against all logic to even desire this.

• Like 4

If I had my choice I would probably hold onto Dennis, Prince, and Bembry and get rid of everyone else. I have been a fan of "staying competitive," but we've run our course on that. All the good, value vets we had have left the building or are about to be too expensive. The Paul George trade was our last hope to contend on this path. With smart drafting and a quality FA signing or two, we could be back in the postseason after a few down years. Everyone in the East is waiting out LeBron anyway. 

For my record, he's probably going to catch scrutiny no matter what he does, but I will say this, he doesn't sound like he'd do what Billy King did, so it's either going to be run in place (Dennis has more that we haven't seen consistently yet, but is he going to be a star...LOL uh no) or at least try a soft rebuild.

If it's run in place, people will howl and scream about it....soft rebuild....people will howl and scream.

This isn't an ****up and coming**** team. It's a team that has been trending downward for a couple years now. That's more likely to continue then a sudden shooting back up if nothing happens.

Edited by Lurker