• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

GM says Dwight Howard has a place on this team

GrimeyKidd

Maybe we need to find another tower type to play with him? Someone who's an above average passing big man in the post who is a good enough scorer that trams have to respect him and he can get Dwight easy looks by passing to him when Dwights man comes over to help. He's gotta be at least average on defense as well. No idea who this guy may be but that might be the best way to compliment Dwight at this stage.

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

Maybe we need to find another tower type to play with him? Someone who's an above average passing big man in the post who is a good enough scorer that trams have to respect him and he can get Dwight easy looks by passing to him when Dwights man comes over to help. He's gotta be at least average on defense as well. No idea who this guy may be but that might be the best way to compliment Dwight at this stage.

Can the "tower" be 6-8?

If so, I think I know someone who fits that description... hehe.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, sturt said:

I see no way to do anything but accentuate the positive where Dwight is concerned. That's just me.

Well... and the Colonel, evidently.

Lemonade from the lemon situation... but recognizing the reality is, he is an asset in some ways and plausibly could be a contributor to a better outcome than we just experienced, with the right other assets in the fold. He's not the single reason we lost (as-if there were one reason), but his weaknesses do dictate that we have to be fairly surgical in how he's used...

Which, in reality, when you think about it, is not all that different from how we would think about Horford if he were still our C. Horf was strong where D8 is weak, and D8 is strong where Horf was weak.

Yah, I love KFC too.

21 minutes ago, hawkman said:

Any thread title with "Dwight" in it always brings them out. To quote Chris Rock, "That train's never late!!!"

And there's no end to it...like not only Dwight...before that Marv...and there will be more after Dwight. 

I have to change my own temperament...:-|

22 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

I did like what i saw from Dennis Schroders suggestion from overseas. Also they worked out Jarrett Allen today if you can give us more info. I dont watch cbb sadly

18 minutes ago, sturt said:

Can the "tower" be 6-8?

If so, I think I know someone who fits that description... hehe.

Nope as we have seen how that pair works out. If we are truly going to keep Dwight then Millsap has to go. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, GrimeyKidd said:

I did like what i saw from Dennis Schroders suggestion from overseas. Also they worked out Jarrett Allen today if you can give us more info. I dont watch cbb sadly

Me either I don't know anything about this year's prospects. Probably won't read up on them until the week of the draft. 

I think anyone we get for PF needs to be at least 6'10" with a long wingspan. 

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

Nope as we have seen how that pair works out. If we are truly going to keep Dwight then Millsap has to go. 

But you have to admit... the description you portrayed sounds like Sap... except for the "tower" part. 

Let's say Chris Bosh is given a clean bill of health... would he fit your vision?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

Me either I don't know anything about this year's prospects. Probably won't read up on them until the week of the draft. 

I think anyone we get for PF needs to be at least 6'10" with a long wingspan. 

DE has him as a NBA Center and it seems like he is a Dwight Clone with better post work. Maybe the workouts clarify this more for me

• Like 2