• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

How about ...

Diesel

• Premium Member

With the Warriors trying to keep Durant... How about we turn our attention to Klay?  Is there any way conceivable for us to get Klay Thompson.

My figurings would be that Dennis/Klay  would help one another be better. 

• Like 2

I've been interested in this move as well. The question is trade now or just wait until he's a free agent next year. 

I don't think the Warriors will have any problem keeping Klay Thompson with Durant and Curry. Iguodala is going to be the odd man out in that situation if anything. I also don't see why they would trade Klay Thompson as he is almost a perfect fit next to Curry, Durant and Green. Then factor in the fact that they are currently contenders and likely don't want to mess up their roster for potential future assets and I just don't see any way that we could possibly put together a decent enough trade package.

• Like 3

Klay is best fitted between the two premium handlers and willing passers he has.  That ain't us.

Putting him in a position to create his own shot is erroneous, let alone paying him like he can. His % of FGs assisted is astronomical: .750 on twos, .955 on threes.  Compare that to Tim's .635 and .846, respectively.  That's not even factoring in the outstanding defensive support from KD and Dray.  He's an awfully fine player no question, but even he will tell you he benefits greatly from playing with 3 MVPs.  All them fools gonna take pay cuts and f&@k up the market.

Edited by benhillboy

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, Bankingitbig said:

I don't think the Warriors will have any problem keeping Klay Thompson with Durant and Curry. Iguodala is going to be the odd man out in that situation if anything. I also don't see why they would trade Klay Thompson as he is almost a perfect fit next to Curry, Durant and Green. Then factor in the fact that they are currently contenders and likely don't want to mess up their roster for potential future assets and I just don't see any way that we could possibly put together a decent enough trade package.

Here was my thinking.  GS has no Big man whatsoever after Free agency.  I think they could use a Dwight Howard.  I just don't know how a trade would go down.

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Klay is best fitted between the two premium handlers and willing passers he has.  That ain't us.

Putting him in a position to create his own shot is erroneous, let alone paying him like he can. His % of FGs assisted is astronomical: .750 on twos, .955 on threes.  Compare that to Tim's .635 and .846, respectively.  That's not even factoring in the outstanding defensive support from KD and Dray.  He's an awfully fine player no question, but even he will tell you he benefits greatly from playing with 3 MVPs.  All them fools gonna take pay cuts and f&@k up the market.

I hear what you are saying and I don't disagree.  However, this is what I'm saying.  Klay is a player that you build around.   Joe Johnson 2.0 with us having the flexibility to actually build a team around his skills.   I think he's hidden a lot because of the greatness of Steph.. but just like Joe, I think you put him in the right situation and Boom. 

I don't think that Klay will be available (I like the ideal though) but Love could be. 

The Cavs need two two-way wings to put LeBron at PF.

How about:

Hawks: Love

Cavs: Prince, Wes Matthews (+Bembry)

Mavs: Future Hawks Firstroundpick

I love Prince but we desperately need star talent.

• Premium Member
27 minutes ago, ISOJOE said:

I don't think that Klay will be available (I like the ideal though) but Love could be. 

The Cavs need two two-way wings to put LeBron at PF.

How about:

Hawks: Love

Cavs: Prince, Wes Matthews (+Bembry)

Mavs: Future Hawks Firstroundpick

I love Prince but we desperately need star talent.

Love is not a star.  His time in Cleveland proves that he's not a build around player.   I would rather just take back Old man Sap for less.  Moreover, after the Cavs are swept,  I see Lebron taking his talents to Houston or to OKC where he can play with another MVP type.  

Love and suck a ****...I don't want that weak butter fluff angel to ever play for us. He's getting punked left and right out there by Draymond. It's a borderline crime what's happening out there.

• Moderators
54 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Love is not a star.  His time in Cleveland proves that he's not a build around player.   I would rather just take back Old man Sap for less.  Moreover, after the Cavs are swept,  I see Lebron taking his talents to Houston or to OKC where he can play with another MVP type.  

I agree with the first part but I don't see anyway Lebron leaves the Cavs.   He's too concerned about his image at this point and he knows that will kill it.

• Like 3

Nice idea, but the only way that Klay could come to the Hawks, or other team, is that he wants to create his own legacy independent of Curry and KD. Thus, GS could decide to get something for him over this summer.  However, that hinges on Klay wanting to be THE guy, and GS wanting to getting a return on a investment. For GS, I think they are better off holding on to him until next year and try to convince him the grass isn't always greener.

Its a nice dream, but it won't happen.

• Like 1

I don't see any reasons why Love wouldn't be Wolves-type KLove on the Hawks team. He is still a 25/10 guy in the right system. Dennis will have his elite PO Version and he would finally get his picknpop Big. KLove could be our difference maker in the RS.  

I think Schlenk said something along these lines: "we have good assets to be prepared for a situation like Harden in OKC." I can only think of Klay that will be in a similar situation, and of course the obvious connection with Schlenk. But to be realistic...other teams with better assets could offer better packages for him. Maybe GS wants Baze back???? Sigh....

• Like 2

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, DS5 said:

I think Schlenk said something along these lines: "we have good assets to be prepared for a situation like Harden in OKC." I can only think of Klay that will be in a similar situation, and of course the obvious connection with Schlenk. But to be realistic...other teams with better assets could offer better packages for him. Maybe GS wants Baze back???? Sigh....

Howard for Klay...

GS lose both Zaza and Shaqtin a fool. 

Howard gives their defense more strength...  Howard, Draymond, KD?  Dayumm.

6 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Howard for Klay...

If Dwight would play how Zaza and Javale play - not worry about offense then......but he'd be griping about shots there too.

• Admin
10 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Howard for Klay...

Howard's value is very low in the league right now and its no where near an up and coming star in Thompson.

• Like 2

They will never trade him. They are cutting through th  league like a hot knife through butter. They aren't breaking the band up willingly. Even if he walked in free agency, they still could have another uncontested championship, so why make the team worse?

11 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

Love and suck a ****...I don't want that weak butter fluff angel to ever play for us. He's getting punked left and right out there by Draymond. It's a borderline crime what's happening out there.

And he's always been a p***y, I've never understood the Love love :gtfo: