• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Kristaps Porzingis

marco102

I was listening to NBA radio and apparently, Phil's had it with Porzingis and has made him available for trades?  I say let Millsap walk and bring in the kid.  I wonder what it would take to get him?

Is it true that if Millsap signs some where else the Hawks will get a trade exception for the amount of Millsap's first year salary?  Help please @JayBirdHawk .

2 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

So would you trade Prince and a pick for Kristaps?

I'd trade picks and that's about it.  

A young team of Dennis, Prince, Butler and Kristaps would have my spider senses tingling.   I don't know how the Hawks could pull of both trades but if you mortgage the future for the next couple of drafts to get Butler and you get Kristaps. I'd say it's worth it. 

5 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Phil really needs to retire before he makes himself look even more foolish.

New York is where young players careers go to die.  If the Hawks can get Porzingas for a few draft picks, they should do it. I hope old crazy Phil does it. 

1 minute ago, MaceCase said:

No. 

You're welcome.

Thanks man. I read it in one of the threads yesterday and didn't know if it was true or not. 

Edited by marco102

• Moderators
Just now, marco102 said:

New York is where young players careers go to die.  If the Hawks can get Porzingas for a few draft picks, they should do it. I hope all crazy Phil does it. 

Someone will offer a lot more than that.   This is a 7'3" SF with great skills making $4 million for 2 years with a team option for another and then restricted free agency (i think).   I mean this may be the best value in the whole league for a guy who may be all star level for years.   They aren't giving him up for picks.   

So would you trade real value for him?  That's what it will take.   Probably Prince. 

Just now, Thomas said:

A short article on it. Crazy interesting possibility.

http://www.espn.com/nba/player/stats/_/id/3032979/seasontype/3/dennis-Schröder

That's a link to Dennis' stats.  Trade Dennis ?   maybe.

Not Hawks-related ... modzplzbann all these fools.

Seriously though, as with all these trade pieces, Hawks are asset-poor compared to teams like BOS, PHX and others who have the flashy lotto pix to toss in Phil's face(s).

On trading Dennis, if there's any team that doesn't want a ball-dominant 1 it's the PhilKnicks.

2 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Thanks man. I read it in one of the threads yesterday and didn't know if it was true or not. 

Point out that thread *rolls up sleeves* they need sum fixin'.

No, I don't know what they were discussing.  A TPE would have to be generated through a trade with the Hawks over the cap.  Millsap leaving actually frees up cap space.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Someone will offer a lot more than that.   This is a 7'3" SF with great skills making $4 million for 2 years with a team option for another and then restricted free agency (i think).   I mean this may be the best value in the whole league for a guy who may be all star level for years.   They aren't giving him up for picks.   

So would you trade real value for him?  That's what it will take.   Probably Prince. 

That's a link to Dennis' stats.  Trade Dennis ?   maybe.

Uhh since you're twisting my arm, I'd give up Prince.   PG's are too important in the league at the moment. 

5 minutes ago, MaceCase said:

No, I don't know what they were discussing.  A TPE would have to be generated through a trade with the Hawks over the cap.  Millsap leaving actually frees up cap space.

I'm not sure.  Maybe somewhere in the Paul George thread or if Philadelphia Offered the same package for Dennis thread.

16 minutes ago, MaceCase said:

It's technically true if we sign-and-trade Millsap when we are over the cap. But the TPE would serve no purpose and would likely be renounced anyways since it would prevent us from signing anyone in free agency.

Don't think that people realize that a TPE is actually used as a placeholder against the cap and it can't be used to sign players.

In regards to KP, yea... We don't have the assets to get him when compared to the other 28 teams that would be interested as well.

Edited by Bankingitbig
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Bankingitbig said:

It's technically true if we sign-and-trade Millsap when we are over the cap. But the TPE would serve no purpose and would likely be renounced anyways since it would prevent us from signing anyone in free agency.

Yea, its the "over the cap" part that I focused on, I just assumed when he said Millsap signing elsewhere he meant through a sign and trade.  I'm presuming really only Hardaway and Muscala's caphold's would be retained (Ilyasova's seems greater than what he could be retained for) leaving the team with what, ~25 mil in cap?

• Like 1