• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Kristaps Porzingis

marco102

5 minutes ago, marco102 said:

HEYYYY! I did ask a question about Millsap...lol.

Jus' be a man and accept your bann ... I said accept your bann!

perma_banned

I would SnT Millsap for Porzingo (and I'm not that high on Porzingo).  Unfortunately that's not really an option.

8 minutes ago, kg01 said:

My main man weighs in ...

ETA: Honestly, I do think Phil is trying to get fired.  I think he's tired of the job but wants to get paid.

I'm starting to think you are Frank Isola himself...

8 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Porzingis should have just stayed in the 2014 draft.  He'd be an Atlanta Hawk if he had done that.

Great for us, sure, but would have cost him $10 million in salary not to mention the opportunity to start from day 1.  Would have saved him boos on draft night though.

4 hours ago, kg01 said:

My main man weighs in ...

ETA: Honestly, I do think Phil is trying to get fired.  I think he's tired of the job but wants to get paid.

Take it the extra step and Phil is saying over and over  "I'm not the one who is crazy, its everyone else in the room". Even as a coach not sure what he would have done with out not just the All Stars but Tex Winter. Tex immediately worked with MJ on the triangle with a lot of personal time involved. News back then but don't hear much about that anymore. At least we are not the only ones so tired of Phil these days.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

Jus' be a man and accept your bann ... I said accept your bann!

perma_banned

I would SnT Millsap for Porzingo (and I'm not that high on Porzingo).  Unfortunately that's not really an option.

What movie did this come from? I want to watch it just to laugh at this part...

2 minutes ago, Dejay said:

What movie did this come from? I want to watch it just to laugh at this part...

Per my exhaustive (like a 15 second) google search, it's from a 21 Jump Street episode.

This story is non sense. Won't happen in a million years. Only team with enough ammo to get him is the Celtics. If Boston gives the Knicks this years pick and the pick they just traded for, plus a player of New York's choice, then that would be very hard to turn down. New York can't maximize Porzingis' value because of the lack of draft assets and bad salaries. This would be a get out of jail free card for them. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, marco102 said:

Uhh since you're twisting my arm, I'd give up Prince.   PG's are too important in the league at the moment. 

Uhm....Prince =13 million less a year than Dennis.  If you want to build this (like Golden State) you need to build with quality at low salary.  Giving up a 2 million dollar starter is insanity.

• Like 1

• Moderators
17 hours ago, ATLien_ said:

This story is non sense. Won't happen in a million years. Only team with enough ammo to get him is the Celtics. If Boston gives the Knicks this years pick and the pick they just traded for, plus a player of New York's choice, then that would be very hard to turn down. New York can't maximize Porzingis' value because of the lack of draft assets and bad salaries. This would be a get out of jail free card for them. 

That is all true if the NYN GM is logical.  Make no mistake.  Phil is not logical.  Get on the damn phone now!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, AHF said:

That is all true if the NYN GM is logical.  Make no mistake.  Phil is not logical.  Get on the damn phone now!

I was listening to the Sirius XM Basketball station, and they were thinking Boston would have to offer this years 3rd, the pick they just got from the Sixers and both Marcus Smart and Jaylen Brown to get Porzingas. Again that would be really hard to turn down, and get's New York out of the draft hell they put themselves in. It also makes the bad deal they gave Noah less of a problem, because they have a bunch of guys on rookie deals around it. The host Brian Scalabrine I believe, thinks Porzingas can be a top 5 player in the NBA. I'm not sure his ceiling is that high, but I think it's a good trade for both teams. The Knicks would be able to surround Carmelo with 5 lottery level talents in a years time. 

17 hours ago, ATLien_ said:

The Kings have two lottery picks plus their upcoming picks. I would give up the late one this year and a future to get him. Or the early one straight up. The Kings should really look into this. Would give their fan base something to look forward to.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, ATLien_ said:

I was listening to the Sirius XM Basketball station, and they were thinking Boston would have to offer this years 3rd, the pick they just got from the Sixers and both Marcus Smart and Jaylen Brown to get Porzingas. Again that would be really hard to turn down, and get's New York out of the draft hell they put themselves in. It also makes the bad deal they gave Noah less of a problem, because they have a bunch of guys on rookie deals around it. The host Brian Scalabrine I believe, thinks Porzingas can be a top 5 player in the NBA. I'm not sure his ceiling is that high, but I think it's a good trade for both teams. The Knicks would be able to surround Carmelo with 5 lottery level talents in a years time. 

Boston will never give that much for Porzingas.  Not happening.  We probably don't have the assets to get him but Phil is a moron so I'd at least try.