• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Don't forget that we are the Hawks...

Admin

You know, the fun of all these trade talks, etc. is just pure speculation. If it doesn't happen, who cares. If it happens, hell yeah!  Part of being a fanatic is being irrational.

Also, please give me those lotto numbers for next week.  I could really use a few million.

• Like 1

• Moderators
41 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

The Hawks are NOT trading for Butler, PG, Kristaps, or any other star player.

We aren't trading Schröder.

We aren't going to acquire a high lottery pick in order to select one of the drafts premier talents. 

Dwight and Baze will both be in uniform for the Hawks next season. 

We'll probably make it seem like we made a great offer to Millsap but the truth is that he's going to get a lot more from someone else. I'm actually good with this one... but the organization will try and save face while force feeding us some other "big signing" like a James Johnson or some other rumored nonsense and telling us that he'll be a star in Bud's system. 

Every year people get excited over the draft, free agency and the trade deadline only to see very little happen from the Hawks. Last year's Teague trade may as well have been a signing of Lebron in comparison to what we usually do. We'll regress back to the norm and make very little noise while drafting someone at 19 and then allowing us to wait to see whether that guy is traded for a mid-20's pick and some cash, trading him for a young veteran who's had problems realizing his potential, or if we're actually keeping him. THAT will be the highlight of our offseason outside of the Millsap situation. 

giphy.gif

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ATLSmith said:

I think you are spot on except there's a chance we move up in the draft and I have a sneaky suspicion that Sap signs here for less than the max.

Sure there's a chance... just like there was a chance that @Spud2Nique wasn't going to eat that 2nd gallon of ice cream or that uncle diddle's was only coming into the room to check on @kg01 at night. But deep down you know what's really going to happen. 

• Like 2

This guy was super excited 'til he read @Dolfan23's post ...

W28tx6T

You're such a mean guy, dude.  Don't you think most of us know all that crap you just diarrhealy spewed all over the site?  We don't need you to spell it out!

It's still real to me, Dolf!!

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Dolfan23 said:

The Hawks are NOT trading for Butler, PG, Kristaps, or any other star player.

We aren't trading Schröder.

We aren't going to acquire a high lottery pick in order to select one of the drafts premier talents. 

Dwight and Baze will both be in uniform for the Hawks next season. 

We'll probably make it seem like we made a great offer to Millsap but the truth is that he's going to get a lot more from someone else. I'm actually good with this one... but the organization will try and save face while force feeding us some other "big signing" like a James Johnson or some other rumored nonsense and telling us that he'll be a star in Bud's system. 

Every year people get excited over the draft, free agency and the trade deadline only to see very little happen from the Hawks. Last year's Teague trade may as well have been a signing of Lebron in comparison to what we usually do. We'll regress back to the norm and make very little noise while drafting someone at 19 and then allowing us to wait to see whether that guy is traded for a mid-20's pick and some cash, trading him for a young veteran who's had problems realizing his potential, or if we're actually keeping him. THAT will be the highlight of our offseason outside of the Millsap situation. 

I know who we are but understand, we have new ownership and a new GM.  Maybe we have a culture of winning just waiting to happen.   Moreover, Dwight, Baze, and Sap can all be complimentary pieces to that star that you mention. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Diesel said:

I know who we are but understand, we have new ownership and a new GM.  Maybe we have a culture of winning just waiting to happen.   Moreover, Dwight, Baze, and Sap can all be complimentary pieces to that star that you mention. 

I'm glad to see that decades upon decades upon decades of maybe hasn't tainted your hope that things will be different for the Hawks this year. I'm sure we'd all love for a new GM and a new owner to be the ones to right this ship but you know as well as we all do that it's just more of the same. 

Moreover, yes Dwight, Baze, and Sap can all be nice complimentary pieces to a star... at maybe 40 million combined. At the actual 60-65 million between them that they'll combine for this year I don't see much hope for getting that star. 

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

I'm glad to see that decades upon decades upon decades of maybe hasn't tainted your hope that things will be different for the Hawks this year. I'm sure we'd all love for a new GM and a new owner to be the ones to right this ship but you know as well as we all do that it's just more of the same. 

Moreover, yes Dwight, Baze, and Sap can all be nice complimentary pieces to a star... at maybe 40 million combined. At the actual 60-65 million between them that they'll combine for this year I don't see much hope for getting that star. 

My Friend... Remember when we brought in Ferry?

He made the following changes:  Smoove.. gone.  Joe... gone.  Crawford... Gone.  We all said that he was crazy... but he brought us back:  Korver, DMC, and Sap.  That was a great move.  We started a new culture in basically 2 seasons.   And in 2 seasons we produced the best season in Franchise history.  

I don't think that it's impossible that it can happen again.  Especially with this guy.  Schlenk is a data guy. I am expecting that we will see some analytics based moves.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Diesel said:

My Friend... Remember when we brought in Ferry?

He made the following changes:  Smoove.. gone.  Joe... gone.  Crawford... Gone.  We all said that he was crazy... but he brought us back:  Korver, DMC, and Sap.  That was a great move.  We started a new culture in basically 2 seasons.   And in 2 seasons we produced the best season in Franchise history.  

I don't think that it's impossible that it can happen again.  Especially with this guy.  Schlenk is a data guy. I am expecting that we will see some analytics based moves.

Certainly not impossible... I mean just look at the anal rape that the Nets just performed on the Lakers... but I'm not holding my breath after Babcock, BK, Sund, Budcox... am I forgetting anyone? Seems like we struck oil once but the well went dry pretty quick and I'm starting to feel like Daniel Plainview in his later years hoping for oil.