• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Draft Thread

Afro

Just now, Lurker said:

Tyler Lydon did get drafted and did earlier than I would've suspected.

Ah I missed that... I wondering wth. I don't think he's gonna make it in the NBA as Syracuse players rarely ever transition to the NBA all that well. 

1 hour ago, Afro said:

What isn't a treadmill to this fan base? 

I've been on this board from before bud to now. We've gone through every phase. Some fans have whined for something different no matter what. 

No matter what plan we take its always "treadmill" even though we're doing different things. And now schlenk is blamed for things he wasn't even here to do. 

I get it. It's Atlanta. Our fan bases will complain about "treadmill" until someone wins a championship. I just think it's an incredibly obnoxious way to go about Fandom. Some will completely dog a plan no matter where it's taking us until it results in a title. See the falcons last year. People complained allllllll off season until, poof, the plan actually worked. 

I don't subscribe to this Atlanta notion that every plan is terrible until it's completely proven it's not. 

The same argument you made is the same argument fans on the other side make of why they complain. It is the fanbase that wants more and wants to be on a national stage and taken seriously. We have all heard it and seen it. Atlanta can't attract free agents, Atlanta has a terrible draft history, Atlanta has poor fan showings, etc etc...like you and every true Hawks fan on here we want to be taken seriously, we want to be great. The issue is at this point the fanbase is in a give me something to believe in mode. So yes, until a title comes, or at least a real title shot, fans are going to complain and be angry. It is what fans do, well a lot of them.

Now, I am not a fan of the moves so far, but that doesn't mean we aren't going to get somewhere. I just know right now we are so far from a real run at the title it is just more years to wait. But hey, let's see where we are in a few years, we have waited this long, what is the harm in waiting more? It doesn't mean we have to agree with the moves being made.

• Like 2