• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

So far..... Disappointed.

Diesel

• Premium Member
22 minutes ago, AHF said:

D whether making this deal makes good sense to me depends on what we do in free agency and what we are trying to achieve this season.  I don't like the deal at all in isolation but am waiting to give my final view after the other moves are made and our direction is clearer.

I understand your premise.  I do.  and I agree that looking at it in isolation makes the deal look worse.  However, based on what we got... it's very very very difficult for me to see 

1.  The flexibility.   2.  How we couldn't have gotten better from a talent perspective.

Maybe Bellinelli comes in and is better than Korver 2014... If So, I will eat crow.  But I will still hate the fact that we exchanged picks and that we had to take on Plumlee's contract for that. 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Diesel said:

I understand your premise.  I do.  and I agree that looking at it in isolation makes the deal look worse.  However, based on what we got... it's very very very difficult for me to see 

1.  The flexibility.   2.  How we couldn't have gotten better from a talent perspective.

Maybe Bellinelli comes in and is better than Korver 2014... If So, I will eat crow.  But I will still hate the fact that we exchanged picks and that we had to take on Plumlee's contract for that. 

I can come up with hypothetical scenarios where it makes sense but I have no idea whether they really apply or not.  Going to wait and see.

5 hours ago, Diesel said:

Everybody tries to make this about a personality problem.  Dwight did nothing that resembled his time in LA or Orlando.  As a matter of fact, the way that Dwight was being used as a garbage player... the fact that he never complained says a lot about his character NOW.  Yet... our GM makes a bad trade and all the sudden... "He's a problem in the lockerroom?  His personality clashes with everybody".   Nobody said either of those things.  This GM said that he traded Dwight because Charlotte was HOT for Dwight and he saw a chance to get some flexibility.   He traded away talent for what 3 Million dollars?   The trade was so bad from our side that guys like yourself are trying to undersale how bad it was...  as I said before .... IF this was the best that was offered to our GM, he should have left the deal on the table.  I promise you his value would have been much better as the season went on.

First, it's undersell.  I don't know what J.C. Penny you drove by where you saw the word "undersale".  Second, Dwight's personality, effort, and production were questioned all season long and given his history people were waiting for that ticking time bomb to go off.  Guess what?  It actually did go off and he did complain, and he did make himself a nuisance beyond his talent level well before he was traded, so again who is perpetrating this supposed "hoax" against him? Third:

You don't promise, you hope and there wasn't much to hope for regardless.

• Premium Member
48 minutes ago, MaceCase said:

First, it's undersell.  I don't know what J.C. Penny you drove by where you saw the word "undersale".  Second, Dwight's personality, effort, and production were questioned all season long and given his history people were waiting for that ticking time bomb to go off.  Guess what?  It actually did go off and he did complain, and he did make himself a nuisance beyond his talent level well before he was traded, so again who is perpetrating this supposed "hoax" against him? Third:

You don't promise, you hope and there wasn't much to hope for regardless.

You mean... after the playoffs?

Understand... after losing to the Wizards, he was asked how he feels.  He said... he was "Pissed".   He wanted to go deeper into the playoffs.  Then upon farther questions, he said that he wanted to Make a difference but he was benched and could not. 

This is a ticking time bome set to go off??

A couple of years ago, OKC missed the playoffs because KD was injured... do you know what he said when asked about it?

Kevin Durant: "I'm definitely pissed. I can't wait for the first game (next season)."

I guess he had a Blow up too?  Competitive players want to play.  That's all.  It doesn't make the bad guys.  There's no team breaking things that Dwight did this season... Just some shortsided fans who probably still believe that THJr is the same guy he was in NY.. so Dwight must be the same guy he was in LA or Orl.

THAT'S A FAIL ON YOUR INSISTENCE THAT DWIGHT WAS A LOCKERROOM PROBLEM. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I think like others from a single transaction it was a really bad deal.  Im a Dwight fan because he is a premier rebounder and took up space under the basket and imo he was used wrong but I understand everyone has his/her own opinion.   I am going to watch and see how the summer goes and subsequent moves by the new GM.  I hope Dwight really does well in Charlotte and I hope the Hawks a better replacement.  I did like the selection of Collins in the draft.  

36 minutes ago, Diesel said:

You mean... after the playoffs?

Understand... after losing to the Wizards, he was asked how he feels.  He said... he was "Pissed".   He wanted to go deeper into the playoffs.  Then upon farther questions, he said that he wanted to Make a difference but he was benched and could not. 

This is a ticking time bome set to go off??

A couple of years ago, OKC missed the playoffs because KD was injured... do you know what he said when asked about it?

I guess he had a Blow up too?  Competitive players want to play.  That's all.  It doesn't make the bad guys.  There's no team breaking things that Dwight did this season... Just some shortsided fans who probably still believe that THJr is the same guy he was in NY.. so Dwight must be the same guy he was in LA or Orl.

THAT'S A FAIL ON YOUR INSISTENCE THAT DWIGHT WAS A LOCKERROOM PROBLEM. 

Hmm, show me where Durant threw his teammates under the bus.  Heck, show me where Durant was caught by police speeding recklessly the night before an elimination game. 

Dwight's attitude aside, if you think that's the only knock on him as a player....then you are incredibly delusional.  It's simple matter that his talent doesn't exceed his ego/attitude.  Stop trying to make it seem like he's super talented player whom there's a hoax about attitude issues, the league is populated with players like that yet they are all incredibly coveted, Dwight was not.  Guess why.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, MaceCase said:

Hmm, show me where Durant threw his teammates under the bus.  Heck, show me where Durant was caught by police speeding recklessly the night before an elimination game. 

Dwight's attitude aside, if you think that's the only knock on him as a player....then you are incredibly delusional.  It's simple matter that his talent doesn't exceed his ego/attitude.  Stop trying to make it seem like he's super talented player whom there's a hoax about attitude issues, the league is populated with players like that yet they are all incredibly coveted, Dwight was not.  Guess why.

sHOW ME  where Dwight threw his Hawks teammates under the bus....

Stop making up stuff.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

sHOW ME  where Dwight threw his Hawks teammates under the bus....

Stop making up stuff.

It hurts. I’m sure if you wrote the best stories in the world and nobody read your stories and they told you to stop writing

and you saw somebody else’s story that wasn’t as good as yours, I’m pretty sure you’d be pissed, too. That’s how it is in basketball.

Gee, I'm sure he was referring to the creative writing club the Hawks had in the locker room.

16 minutes ago, Lurker said:

You very conveniently...skipped around the point where he said that Dwight is not coveted for basketball reasons as well.

No, because their belief is his production is impeccable and thus a hoax has to be invented to justify his low value.

8 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

LOL . . that's a heck of a reach.

Yea?  In the context of being benched for all but 16 of 72 minutes in the 4th quarter Dwight replies with an analogy that his story is the best but a worse story is getting read....and that's a reach?  Okay, fine.  Dwight just has Tourette syndrome or likes to randomly break out into poetry in the midst of an interview.

• Moderators
22 minutes ago, MaceCase said:

No, because their belief is his production is impeccable and thus a hoax has to be invented to justify his low value.

Yea?  In the context of being benched for all but 16 of 72 minutes in the 4th quarter Dwight replies with an analogy that his story is the best but a worse story is getting read....and that's a reach?  Okay, fine.  Dwight just has Tourette syndrome or likes to randomly break out into poetry in the midst of an interview.

Moose's PER and WS/48 was less than half of Dwight's in each category.  He did stink it up.  Second consecutive post-season where he got minutes ahead of people who were outperforming him.  I'd be pissed if I were Dwight like I would have been last year if I were Humphries.

Thinking Moose may have pictures of Bud that he keeps for leverage.

That doesn't mean that there isn't good reason to unload Dwight if you feel you need to bench him, that he is going to be disruptive and that he is tying up too much of your cap space but also doesn't mean that Dwight is wrong when he says Moose's story was junk.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, AHF said:

Moose's PER and WS/48 was less than half of Dwight's in each category.  He did stink it up.  Second consecutive post-season where he got minutes ahead of people who were outperforming him.  I'd be pissed if I were Dwight like I would have been last year if I were Humphries.

Thinking Moose may have pictures of Bud that he keeps for leverage.

That doesn't mean that there isn't good reason to unload Dwight if you feel you need to bench him, that he is going to be disruptive and that he is tying up too much of your cap space but also doesn't mean that Dwight is wrong when he says Moose's story was junk.

Not debating whether Dwight was wrong in his assessment, the issue was his need to discuss it in a public setting.  That's the "throwing under the bus" part, discussions such as that are best kept in house.

• Moderators
Just now, MaceCase said:

Not debating whether Dwight was wrong in his assessment, the issue was his need to discuss it in a public setting.  That's the "throwing under the bus" part, discussions such as that are best kept in house.

I agree with all that.  Just saying he wasn't wrong.