• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

League sources: Paul Millsap will have at least 3 teams (SAC, DEN, and MIN) offering him a max contract

GameTime

8 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Some of yall are never satisfied.  You complained the whole season about the team's make up and when a new GM comes in and sells older players for pick and you still complain.  :blink:

No, this team will need draft picks. I'm just saying that he isn't being truthful when he says this team will be competitive next year. This team needs a top pick next year... Even if they don't draft a player with a top pick they will need that kind of asset because they don't currently have it. This team doesn't have as much flexibility as people want to claim. If you want to do big trades you need the talent on your roster or you need picks.... Say the team wins 25 games and gets a top 5 pick next year.... Even if you don't draft a player you still need an asset like that you make deals. I mean, this team is nearly gutted right now. That's just how it is.

This isn't like going from the JJ era to the Paul Millsap era. That team retooled and stayed competitive. That's not happening this time unless someone of Sap's level of talent comes in return.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

No, this team will need draft picks. I'm just saying that he isn't being truthful when he says this team will be competitive next year. This team needs a top pick next year... Even if they don't draft a player with a top pick they will need that kind of asset because they don't currently have it. This team doesn't have as much flexibility as people want to claim. If you want to do big trades you need the talent on your roster or you need picks.... Say the team wins 25 games and gets a top 5 pick next year.... Even if you don't draft a player you still need an asset like that you make deals. I mean, this team is nearly gutted right now. That's just how it is.

Gutted the team of their former older overvalued players...Free agency hasn't started yet and you guys act like we will have 10 players on the roster or something.  Good GM's and coaches find diamonds in the rough much like Ferry did with Sap and Korver.  Give the dude a chance before you bury him.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Gutted the team of their former older overvalued players...Free agency hasn't started yet and you guys act like we will have 10 players on the roster or something.  Good GM's and coaches find diamonds in the rough much like Ferry did with Sap and Korver.  Give the dude a chance before you bury him.

Who do you think is going to be tripping over themselves to sign here this summer? You end up with players like ZaZa and keeping Ersan. Dennis, Prince plus whatever journeymen the GM picks up will not win you games.

It's not about burying anybody. It's about looking at the reality of the situation.

The situation is that the Hawks will lose and build draft picks and assets for a few years..

Edited by Hotlanta1981

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

Who do you think is going to be tripping over themselves to sign here this summer? You end up with players like ZaZa and keeping Ersan. Dennis, Prince plus whatever journeymen the GM picks up will not win you games.

It's not about burying anybody. It's about looking at the reality of the situation.

The situation is that the Hawks will lose and build draft picks and assets for a few years..

Did you see the Millsap signing coming?  What about Korver??  If you didn't then just wait to see what happens and then criticize if you disapprove.

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

This isn't like going from the JJ era to the Paul Millsap era. That team retooled and stayed competitive. That's not happening this time unless someone of Sap's level of talent comes in return.

Understand where he is...

The owners just put out plans to have a new arena renovation.  Somebody has to filled the seats.  The seats won't be filled if you tell the fans that we're putting a scrub team out so that we can get draft picks and look for a generational talent. 

3 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Did you see the Millsap signing coming?  What about Korver??  If you didn't then just wait to see what happens and then criticize if you disapprove.

C'mon dude... Speculation is what the forums are for. 

The Hawks already had stable pieces when Sap signed here. They don't have any stable pieces now.

4 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Understand where he is...

The owners just put out plans to have a new arena renovation.  Somebody has to filled the seats.  The seats won't be filled if you tell the fans that we're putting a scrub team out so that we can get draft picks and look for a generational talent. 

The seats aren't going to be filled no matter what Travis says. lol

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

C'mon dude... Speculation is what the forums are for. 

The Hawks already had stable pieces when Sap signed here. They don't have any stable pieces now.

Yeah but Korver was the key to those teams being great period! Once Korver became an ordinary shooter, the Hawks couldn't score anymore

6 hours ago, hazer said:

I can't be the only one who questions the fit of a CP3/Beard backcourt. An assists factory paired up with a ball hog.

Sure it's not bread and butter, but I guess that's the sort of problem you want to have, I mean, he's still Chris Paul.

• Moderators
41 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

We gotta have someone to put butts in the seats! At least Josh was very exciting as a young guy and often times exciting as a vet. 

I so badly wish Josh could have had a good coach during his formative years.  I still think he could have really been something.

• Like 2