• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

League sources: Paul Millsap will have at least 3 teams (SAC, DEN, and MIN) offering him a max contract

GameTime

4 minutes ago, pimp said:

I can understand why Minny would go after Sap . But Den. and Sac?  

Because he's better than the guy they have currently at PF.  For Denver, you either move Gallinari to SF, or to 6th man.  For Sac, it's a no brainer.  The young kids won't be ready, and Millsap provides veteran leadership.   Millsap definitely won't go to Sacramento, but I could definitely see Denver and especially Minnesota.

• Premium Member

Gallinari is opting out, so there's some reason for doubt he'll be part of their equation.

MIN can't do a max signing outright, but both the others could. I know others will disagree, but I don't see DEN as a real contender, nor is SAC.

Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

I still think OKC will end up part of the conversation if they decide to pursue him.

• Moderators
56 minutes ago, pimp said:

I can understand why Minny would go after Sap . But Den. and Sac?  

Sacramento stands out like a sore thumb as far as which teams would be likely to make the playoffs with him.  Minny seems like they are headed there anyway while Denver has some nice young guards to mix with Jokic and Sap.  Sacramento?  :hang3:

14 minutes ago, sturt said:

Gallinari is opting out, so there's some reason for doubt he'll be part of their equation.

MIN can't do a max signing outright, but both the others could. I know others will disagree, but I don't see DEN as a real contender, nor is SAC.

Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

I still think OKC will end up part of the conversation if they decide to pursue him.

I agree with this. Only team I can see sap saying it's worth signing long term to is minny. I can see him going Denver but minny is the best choice with towns,Wiggins, and now butler . If sap wants a chance at a ring...minny is the best choice out of these 3

• Like 1

Minnesota can't sign Millsap and fill out the rest of their roster.  Zero percent chance Millsap is signed to the Wolves.

10 minutes ago, AHF said:

Sacramento stands out like a sore thumb as far as which teams would be likely to make the playoffs with him.  Minny seems like they are headed there anyway while Denver has some nice young guards to mix with Jokic and Sap.  Sacramento?  :hang3:

Even with sap on Sacramento I still don't see Sacramento making the playoffs. That team is shit at best.

Just now, Alex said:

Minnesota can't sign Millsap and fill out the rest of their roster.  Zero percent chance Millsap is signed to the Wolves.

A sign and trade has to be possible 

3 minutes ago, JTB said:

Even with sap on Sacramento I still don't see Sacramento making the playoffs. That team is shit at best.

A sign and trade has to be possible 

Have to imagine a third team is involved if that happens because Minnesota is trash outside their starters.  

2 minutes ago, Alex said:

Have to imagine a third team is involved if that happens because Minnesota is trash outside their starters.  

Minnesota is pretty much trash outside of Butler and Towns.  I know everyone loves the overrated Andrew Wiggins and his -2.4 career BPM, but he's a 4th or 5th starter at best at this time.  Jimmy Butler alone may not get them into the playoffs.  

1 minute ago, Vol4ever said:

Haeks will resign Sap

As much as I would like to see it happen, it isn't happening.  The market is too big for him.  The supply of strong free agents is limited, and the demand is high.  Travis Schlenk has been preparing the fanbase for this with his comments on how other teams will offer Paul more than the Hawks will.

The question is, who do you bring on board to properly groom John Collins at the power forward spot and maintain your competitiveness on the court?

33 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Minnesota is pretty much trash outside of Butler and Towns.  I know everyone loves the overrated Andrew Wiggins and his -2.4 career BPM, but he's a 4th or 5th starter at best at this time.  Jimmy Butler alone may not get them into the playoffs.  

I am not sipping the koolaid like so many others on the Wolves.  I think Wiggins is a scorer and that's it.  Offers very little to contribute in a game if he's not scoring the ball.  They have zero depth to speak of and the west is still loaded. 

9 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

Hawks will resign Sap

That might be the worst thing this franchise has ever done.  

12 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

Hawks will resign Sap

Even know that he will be on a rebuilding team with no chance for the championship and successful "we gone to the playoff, only to lose in the first round, again" while the Hawks has to pay up to 30M for him.  I am glad that he came to us but its time to move on.  I think its going to be a sign and trade with the Nuggets or Max Contract by Wolves.

12 minutes ago, CP61 said:

Easy. The coaches and you don't. 

The worst thing this organization can do is go the Philly route to rebuilding.  If they don't make moves to remain competitive, then we are looking at a 5-7 year run of losing just to get back to this point.  

• Like 4