• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

League sources: Paul Millsap will have at least 3 teams (SAC, DEN, and MIN) offering him a max contract

GameTime

3 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Timberwolves lineup with Millsap

PG - Rubio

G - Butler

F - Wiggins

PF - Millsap

C - Towns

6th man - Shabazz

Interesting.  That lineup would make them tremendously better on defense, and could challenge for the 4 - 6 spot in the West.  That's a 50 win team easily . . . on paper

More like the 3rd spot....That Team would be only be behind Warriors and the Spurs...

3 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Timberwolves lineup with Millsap

PG - Rubio

G - Butler

F - Wiggins

PF - Millsap

C - Towns

6th man - Shabazz

Interesting.  That lineup would make them tremendously better on defense, and could challenge for the 4 - 6 spot in the West.  That's a 50 win team easily . . . on paper

Supposedly they are trying to trade Rubio. I'm not sure why, he's a solid point guard, his shooting is not that great, but he can run the point as long as he does not have to carry the scoring load. And with Butler, Towns and Milsap that's plenty of scoring.

1 hour ago, KB21 said:

The worst thing this organization can do is go the Philly route to rebuilding.  If they don't make moves to remain competitive, then we are looking at a 5-7 year run of losing just to get back to this point.  

And people will get tired of losing so much, that a 42 - 40 record will look like real progress.   It's like being horrible in the NFL for years, Then you go 9 - 7, make the playoffs, and act like you're a Super Bowl contender.

Or in college terms . . . it will be like you're Vandy beating Tennessee to get into a bowl game, and acting like you won the damn National Championship . . even though you're only a .500 team . .. and then you get smoked in your bowl game.

@Vol4ever . . . yeah, I'm still salty about that performance by the Vols @ Vandy.  Unacceptable.  

14 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

And people will get tired of losing so much, that a 42 - 40 record will look like real progress.   It's like being horrible in the NFL for years, Then you go 9 - 7, make the playoffs, and act like you're a Super Bowl contender.

Or in college terms . . . it will be like you're Vandy beating Tennessee to get into a bowl game, and acting like you won the damn National Championship . . even though you're only a .500 team . .. and then you get smoked in your bowl game.

@Vol4ever . . . yeah, I'm still salty about that performance by the Vols @ Vandy.  Unacceptable.  

OH, there will be excitement for about a year, and then when the realization hits that it is going to be a long time before you are good again, things will start to really suck.  I honestly think people have forgotten what it was like to go through the 1999-2007 years.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, DBac said:

Sign Millsap to a competitive contract and you have a 33 year old taking up a ton of cap space on a 43 win team, let him walk and you're still very limited in your means to get better. It's a tough spot. 

I'm not even making the case to resign Paul.  I'm saying that if he walks, you have to bring in a veteran that can help you be competitive and allow you to properly develop John Collins without losing games and establishing a losing culture that will make it more difficult to develop players properly.

• Like 2

Just now, KB21 said:

I'm not even making the case to resign Paul.  I'm saying that if he walks, you have to bring in a veteran that can help you be competitive and allow you to properly develop John Collins without losing games and establishing a losing culture that will make it more difficult to develop players properly.

Yeah I don't think they throw John into the fire, but if we lose Paul we're gonna lose more games (unless of course we manage to land a big FA). He's the best player on the team. I could see them bringing in a guy like Taj or David Lee. Nobody that'll get in the way long term though.

1 minute ago, DBac said:

Yeah I don't think they throw John into the fire, but if we lose Paul we're gonna lose more games (unless of course we manage to land a big FA). He's the best player on the team. I could see them bringing in a guy like Taj or David Lee. Nobody that'll get in the way long term though.

Or this guy . .

oh . . . nevermind . . .

• Premium Member

I'd be happy SNT Millsap to Minn for the 16th pick and Aldrich. That should give them the cap room to give Millsap a max deal and gives us back a young center and a decent big man for backup/start for this upcoming season.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I'd be happy SNT Millsap to Minn for the 16th pick and Aldrich. That should give them the cap room to give Millsap a max deal and gives us back a young center and a decent big man for backup/start for this upcoming season.

I want Dieng in any S&T deal with them.  Dieng is a guy who can start at center now and give you value while contributing to winning.  He's a rim protector who also has some range on his shot.  

Patton is 2-3 years from even being a rotational big.

• Like 2

Another option would be to let Denver sign Paul or do a SNT with them that gets you a first and a trade exception that you renounce, then use that cap space created to sign Mason Plumlee to an offer sheet.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Another option would be to let Denver sign Paul or do a SNT with them that gets you a first and a trade exception that you renounce, then use that cap space created to sign Mason Plumlee to an offer sheet.

IMG_9355.JPG

• Like 1

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I agree there was no excuse for that performance.  I was in the stands that night.  

• Premium Member
11 hours ago, Vol4ever said:

Hawks will resign Sap

I would offer him (4+1 team option x 35M) for his services. An all-star since year 1 with the Hawks. This is the kind of player champions are made of. Losing him means this franchise doesn't really care about winning.

I say re-sign him at all costs. Well, maybe not for the 200M max, but he's worth 35M per no doubt.

And no, I don't care about the money (or for the cap space for that matter). I care about good players, and Paul is a hell of a baller. He earned his fat contract, now it's up to Schlenk to offer him a better deal than the ones he could get out there.

• Premium Member
10 hours ago, KB21 said:

The worst thing this organization can do is go the Philly route to rebuilding.  If they don't make moves to remain competitive, then we are looking at a 5-7 year run of losing just to get back to this point.  

More like 15 years.

Prior to this 10-year run at the playoffs, Hawks spent 8 years watching it from the outside. So, 18 years, 7 lottery picks (#2, #3 twice, #5, #6 twice, #11), and we didn't celebrate that elusive championship.

What makes the tankers think it will work this time?

• Like 1