• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I don't understand all the doomsday

ATL_BALLER

1 minute ago, ATL_BALLER said:
  • Demarre = think he's worth $15 mil per, especially the way he's played since inking that deal?
  • Al = They offered him a fair deal, which he chose to decline
  • Teague = Prince; quality swap
  • Korver = 1st round pick; fantastic swap
  • Sap = no defending this one, but that was when our coach was also making personnel decisions; in the absence of those missed assets, happy to have flexibility considering the current direction of the team

Regardless, we can hold onto regrets and missed opportunities, or see that for the first time in a while, the team has what appears to be quality leadership at the top that won't settle for mediocrity.

DeMarre - I understand it was basically Sap vs DeMarre. Hawks made correct decision here to keep Sap.

Teague - Like I said, solid exchange for a lottery pick that turned out to be Prince.

Korver- Like I said as well, solid exchange for a 1st round pick,

Sap/Horford - Getting absolutely NOTHING in return for your actual big time all stars is absolutely criminal.....

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

I don't think it's you that is missing something. Unfortunately a lot of people aren't truly happy unless they can wallow in misery with others... even if they're having to invent reasons to be miserable. And this is why free agents don't want to come to Atlanta because they know that fans won't support them unless they're the best team in the league.

Oh Horse Stuff Dolfan...we just went from a 60 win ECF team to a team with Dennis/Baze/Plumlee ??

For goodness sakes even you are smart enough to realize that team can't compete.

• Moderators
Just now, DJlaysitup said:

Oh Horse Stuff Dolfan...we just went from a 60 win ECF team to a team with Dennis/Baze/Plumlee ??

For goodness sakes even you are smart enough to realize that team can't compete.

We won 60 games but does anyone think that was a sustainable baseline to compare against especially after we dropped the GM that got us there?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AHF said:

We won 60 games but does anyone think that was a sustainable baseline to compare against especially after we dropped the GM that got us there?

60 wins may not be sustainable (maybe 55)...but the guys who got us there weren't on their "last legs" as professionals.  They are all playing in the league next year.

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 minute ago, DJlaysitup said:

60 wins may not be sustainable (maybe 55)...but the guys who got us there weren't on their "last legs" as professionals.  They are all playing in the league next year.

DMC was gone with no option that would let us keep him.  That next year those guys were all on our team and we won 48 games.  I think that crazy streak we had was us playing way over our heads.

2 minutes ago, AHF said:

DMC was gone with no option that would let us keep him.  That next year those guys were all on our team and we won 48 games.  I think that crazy streak we had was us playing way over our heads.

We all have opinions...what I saw was a fairly finely tuned team.  I didn't see a "crazy streak"...I saw a team that won 60 games in an 82 game season.  A "Streak" is going 10 for 12 in the middle of the season. 

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 minute ago, DJlaysitup said:

We all have opinions...what I saw was a fairly finely tuned team.  I didn't see a "crazy streak"...I saw a team that won 60 games in an 82 game season.  A "Streak" is going 10 for 12 in the middle of the season. 

We put together the first undefeated month in the history of the league.  That is an epic streak.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
25 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

I don't think it's you that is missing something. Unfortunately a lot of people aren't truly happy unless they can wallow in misery with others... even if they're having to invent reasons to be miserable. And this is why free agents don't want to come to Atlanta because they know that fans won't support them unless they're the best team in the league.

This is the best part of your statement because I swear I saw multiple posters on that tank train reverse positions as soon as Denver signed Millsap

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, AHF said:

For whatever reason, we stopped moving the ball.  That was the problem and it has continued over the next couple of years.

• Like 1

• Moderators

That 60 win season, we won:

• 60% of games in Oct / Nov,
  • 64% of games in February,
  • 60% of games in March,
  • 57% of games in April
  • and 50% of games in the post-season.

We won 94% of games in December and January.  I think that was playing over our heads in a big way.