• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Have a feeling the Hawks are going to be 3rd team in Melo to Houston

Admin

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

don't have access to a top 10 pick

33 minutes ago, sturt said:

But/and by the way also... you really think you can predict with some accuracy that HOU's 1st in 2020 will be a late one? Because I think they're setting themselves up for a colossal fail even in the short term (not enough balls on the court), let alone the longer (as these guys age).

3 hours ago, sturt said:

I dunno bout dat. I think right now we're actually as stoked as we ever are this time of year, if not more, just because of all of the roster churning that has went on and is expected to go on still more.

Once we get the roster settled, I agree the casual fans will quickly lose interest. But most of us here aren't casual fans. I suspect we'll be fairly engaged, actually, depending on the degree to which we see our young players developing.

I'm all for developing players, I am not for a bad product. Right now we have a bad product. I'm not saying we need to make the playoffs or have a great team, I like the idea of trying to get a generational or superstar in the draft, since it is proven that is the only way we get one. But right now the roster has little excitement at all. 

• Premium Member

Oops!

Failed to take into account that daggone trade kicker in Melo's contract. Mind you, he could waive all or part of it, but let's say he wouldn't. Here, then, is the simplest scenario I can concoct and most even (salary wise) that I can concoct.... and without guessing what draft picks or player rights might also need to change hands for everyone to feel warm and fuzzy, though no doubt that would need to be further negotiated.

2017-07-11_1332.png

3 minutes ago, sturt said:

Oops!

Failed to take into account that daggone trade kicker in Melo's contract. Mind you, he could waive all or part of it, but let's say he wouldn't. Here, then, is the simplest scenario I can concoct and most even (salary wise) that I can concoct.... and without guessing what draft picks or player rights might also need to change hands for everyone to feel warm and fuzzy, though no doubt that would need to be further negotiated.

2017-07-11_1332.png

Don't see any reason New York would want any part of this trade.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, Watchman said:

Don't see any reason New York would want any part of this trade.

Granted, they'd need some non-salaried assets coming back, as noted.

HOU for instance could deal them Hartenstein (newest draft-and-stash), Llull (some believe to be best PG in Europe), and 1sts in 2020 and 2022.

EDIT: But also, like us w/ Dwight, there is some value in taking a monster contract, and at least carving it up in halves for the sake of... yes... that word... flexibility.

• Like 3

Just now, Watchman said:

True.  What was meesa thinkin'?

Lol no but seriously something is wrong with that front office . They do dumb shit all day long so I wouldn't put anything past them 

• Like 3

• Premium Member

Oops again.

There is one other rule that I failed to observe in concocting this newest formula... ie, I'm not sure Nique can pronounce Kuzminskas.

Damn. Back to the drawing board.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sturt said:

Oops again.

There is one other rule that I failed to observe in concocting this newest formula... ie, I'm not sure Nique can pronounce Kuzminskas.

Damn. Back to the drawing board.

All right.  I saw you had thrown ol' Mandingo Kamikaze into the trade!

• Like 2

• Admin
6 minutes ago, Sothron said:

My fear is that we get Anderson albatross contract and he starts over Collins 

Yes, want no part of that contract ... I like his 3 point shooting but he brings nothing else to the table ... vastly overpaid for his skill set.  

• Like 2

• Premium Member

If we're involved, Baze almost has to be involved, at minimum, and quite plausibly, Plumlee's as well.

And yes, I think we'd be more than willing to take Anderson's contract in the pursuit of eliminating those other two.

Like @Dolfan23, I'd love to come out of it with Capela, but as documented in the posts in this thread showing scenarios, there's multiple ways for HOU to give us and NYK something worth our trouble.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, CP61 said:

I'd do it for a Knicks pick. They are stupid, maybe they'll just give it to us.

But what would they be getting? Knicks need to be compensated for trading Melo. With that, they would also need to be compensated for sending out a pick. HOU doesn't have much to offer and nor do we.

Thinking Ariza and possibly Gordon are going to be involved if it is a 4-team trade. I would be fine taking on Anderson if we were able to dump Plumlee.

13 minutes ago, Bankingitbig said:

But what would they be getting? Knicks need to be compensated for trading Melo. With that, they would also need to be compensated for sending out a pick. HOU doesn't have much to offer and nor do we.

Thinking Ariza and possibly Gordon are going to be involved if it is a 4-team trade. I would be fine taking on Anderson if we were able to dump Plumlee.

They have THJ $71 million. These aren't rational people

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, Bankingitbig said:

HOU doesn't have much to offer

- Anderson

- Ariza

- Gordon

- Capella

- 2020 1st

- 2022 1st

- 2024 1st

- Hartenstein (draft and stash that was projected by many to be 1st rounder)

- Llull (regarded by some to be best PG in Europe)

- About 5-6 other draft-and-stashees, and of course some 2nd round pick fodder like any other team

• Like 2

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, Bankingitbig said:

Knicks need to be compensated for trading Melo.

They do. And under normal circumstances, they would be compensated appropriately.

These aren't normal circumstances, of course.

Mainly, because Melo has control over where he's willing to go, the Knicks are over the proverbial barrel here.

• Admin

I don't see Capella being included in anything as he is their main big.  Nene at this point in his career is 15 minutes a night guy ... If they trade Capella they take a step backwards as they won't have any cap to go after another good big.

• Like 1