• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Movement

TRW

Guys I wanted the Hawks to keep Millsap and THJ like many of you, even though I knew that wasn't the right thing to do. The right thing to do now is blow it up and not sign anyone else unless there 1year rental deals and gain more assets. (I would love to add Aldrich and the Minnesota 1st). We need to go with the young pups (Stone, Collins, Prince, Bazemore, DS17, Dorsey, Bembry, and Kaba, and let them gain experience while bottoming out. As of now, we're the worst team in the league so that at least guarantees us a top 3 pick, hopefully the #1 pick if the NBA rig machine is kind to us. I would take Michael Porter Jr. at 1, Bamba 2, Luca or Ayden at 3 in that order. If we get Porter Jr., I would immediately try to package the Houston and Minnesota picks with a player to get back in the top ten and select our homeboy Collin Sexton, the next big thing at point guard. Then the next draft, I would take the best player available. Can you imagine our current young group with Michael Porter Jr. and Collin Sexton added to the mix? That would be an exciting young team to watch. So let's keep the faith in Schlenk and Bud and get ready for the movement. Yes, not a tank, not the process, but the movement, (From counterfeit to being legit).It's going to be a fun ride my friends.

TRW

• Like 4

• Premium Member

Welcome TRW.  Let me just say that there have been several teams to try this blow it up approach.  Over and over again, it has been proven not to work.  It has very little to do with the thinking of the GM or how good the front office is or any of that.  It has more to do with the NBA and it's process.  Teams that seek to win without vets and established players never win.  Teams that cheap out... Never win.   Teams that misuse their free agents, never win. i would like to go with you on this wishful journey, but I have seen this too many times and nothing about what we have done or how we have done it is new.   We are destined to be like all these other teams that people say we're not.

• Like 4

• Premium Member

Worst team in the league?

Dunno about that, @TRW, but there's plenty of good thinking there. Good NBADL member post, deserving of a "like."

Of course, I suppose if one does think we're destined to be shite, though, "the movement" makes for a very appropriate label after all.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, TRW said:

Guys I wanted the Hawks to keep Millsap and THJ like many of you, even though I knew that wasn't the right thing to do. The right thing to do now is blow it up and not sign anyone else unless there 1year rental deals and gain more assets. (I would love to add Aldrich and the Minnesota 1st). We need to go with the young pups (Stone, Collins, Prince, Bazemore, DS17, Dorsey, Bembry, and Kaba, and let them gain experience while bottoming out. As of now, we're the worst team in the league so that at least guarantees us a top 3 pick, hopefully the #1 pick if the NBA rig machine is kind to us. I would take Michael Porter Jr. at 1, Bamba 2, Luca or Ayden at 3 in that order. If we get Porter Jr., I would immediately try to package the Houston and Minnesota picks with a player to get back in the top ten and select our homeboy Collin Sexton, the next big thing at point guard. Then the next draft, I would take the best player available. Can you imagine our current young group with Michael Porter Jr. and Collin Sexton added to the mix? That would be an exciting young team to watch. So let's keep the faith in Schlenk and Bud and get ready for the movement. Yes, not a tank, not the process, but the movement, (From counterfeit to being legit).It's going to be a fun ride my friends.

TRW

It guarantees us a top 4 pick.  We could be out of the top 3 if 3 teams are picked ahead of us in the lottery drawing.  

And how can you say this is not a "tank", when you yourself say that we're now the worst team in the league?   We haven't been the worst team in the league in almost 13 years, and that squad may be better than the one we put out on the floor this year, unless Schröder really takes his game to the next level.

LOL . . then they'll probably trade him, or say that he came down with a mysterious injury, because he'd be helping us win too much.

This is not only a tank . . . it's a SUPER TANK.

Image result for SUPER TANK

Edited by TheNorthCydeRises
  • Like 1

Diesel, you made good points. However, I was no fan of Billy Knight but if we took Chris Paul instead of Marvin who knows where this franchise would be right now. Tanking wasn't wrong, we just drafted the wrong guy. We striked and got Joe Johnson. Coulda, shoulda, woulda but I can only imagine a team with Chris Paul, Joe Johnson, and a young Josh Smith. There would be no Horford or Landlord because we'd be a better team but man we can only imagine.

TRW

• Like 1

• Premium Member

We gotta spend 82 but i dont know where it will come from.  Im sure he will get involved in another trade where we get a bad contract and a low first rd pick.  This kinda of tanking never works.  Running on tge cheap is right. 

1 hour ago, TRW said:

TRW

Something like Diesel says but tempered with my reality. No team wins or becomes a winner with bad decision making at the top; can't do it. Talent wins in the NBA and it is to early to tell if Schlenk is making bad decisions concerning talent right now.

He is only doing what every team in the league has done since its inception; but only a few teams are good enough and lucky enough to make happen. And it does take both. The NBA is just riddled with draft bust but it is also riddled with excellent picks who faced career threatening to ending injuries too. Furthermore the lottery ball does not always bounce your way either.

Imagine if the Bulls would have had the 1st pick or a later pick in the Jordan draft instead of the 3rd. No one really argued the order the top three were taken that year; until one or two years after the fact. It takes a little luck, sometimes a lot, and skill to build a championship team; which is why the NBA has a totally different result than the NFL almost every season.

Worse to first in a NFL division happens every season. They had a show on ESPN covering it just the other day. I cannot recall it ever happening in the modern era of the NBA. Maybe the Spurs ( one team in the history ) did it the year after Robinson's injury and they drafted Duncan?

Only time will tell if Schlenk is making good decisions and the same can be said about our luck as well. It is going to be a long season and like many here, I am already reading up on next years NBA Draft prospects.

Go Hawks!

Edited by Buzzard

4 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

It guarantees us a top 4 pick.  We could be out of the top 3 if 3 teams are picked ahead of us in the lottery drawing.  

And how can you say this is not a "tank", when you yourself say that we're now the worst team in the league?   We haven't been the worst team in the league in almost 13 years, and that squad may be better than the one we put out on the floor this year, unless Schröder really takes his game to the next level.

LOL . . then they'll probably trade him, or say that he came down with a mysterious injury, because he'd be helping us win too much.

This is not only a tank . . . it's a SUPER TANK.

Image result for SUPER TANK

That's a cool tank!

Sung to the tune of "Super Freak"

"It's a very Tanky team...bom bomp - bom bomp....

The kind that will not make the playoffs...bom bomp bom bomp

Hawks are Supertank, Supertank...they're Supertanky...

Bom bom bom bomp....bom bomp

You can get your haircut there...if you do not have barber. 

Buy a drink down on the floor...and then watch the slaughter...

It's a supertank...supertank...it's supertanky...

Bom bom bom bomp...bom bom...bom bomp.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, DJlaysitup said:

That's a cool tank!

Sung to the tune of "Super Freak"

"It's a very Tanky team...bom bomp - bom bomp....

The kind that will not make the playoffs...bom bomp bom bomp

Hawks are Supertank, Supertank...they're Supertanky...

Bom bom bom bomp....bom bomp

You can get your haircut there...if you do not have barber. 

Buy a drink down on the floor...and then watch the slaughter...

It's a supertank...supertank...it's supertanky...

Bom bom bom bomp...bom bom...bom bomp.

That is hysterical !!!

• Like 1

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, TRW said:

Diesel, you made good points. However, I was no fan of Billy Knight but if we took Chris Paul instead of Marvin who knows where this franchise would be right now. Tanking wasn't wrong, we just drafted the wrong guy. We striked and got Joe Johnson. Coulda, shoulda, woulda but I can only imagine a team with Chris Paul, Joe Johnson, and a young Josh Smith. There would be no Horford or Landlord because we'd be a better team but man we can only imagine.

TRW

You point out some of the other possibilities... i.e. No Horford.  However, we could have just as easily not gotten Joe Johnson.   Joe did a lot to make this deal go through.. even when the deal broke down, he stuck with us.   I don't think a FA would do that again.. especially not how the fans treated Joe later on.