• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Summer League Tournament Play: Hawks and Pelicans (again)

benhillboy

5 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Late with my other thread so....

And once again. Bembry anyone? Anyone?

Bembry is a  joy to watch and any other year would get top billing for the Squawks' praise and optimism.  Some of the shit Collins do is spiritually moving.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 4

So with our roster as it probably will be day one maybe Stone doesn't really sniff the D-league all that often. The guy ahead of him on the roster is a crip as we all know. Gain some strength in those arms and legs youngster and you could have a nice career ahead. Grow with us though, not someone else. May be a project but seems like a keeper.

• Like 1

Josh Maggette makes me taste my own vomit.  15 points in 9 minutes for Collins and the foul that had him removed was a ghost touch.  Bembry with 5 turnovers (again).  He needs to stop trying to do everything. Prince looking lost without a real PG out there. 

Losing to an 0-3 team that you already beat before would be so Atlanta. 

I hope the Collins benching was more of a 'you've shown enough now just stay healthy' thing than a 'take a seat and calm down' thing.

Bembry looked good early on but late in the half it actually looked like he got shook by the Pelicans' intensity and started falling apart. 

Edited by DBac

1 minute ago, Thomas said:

So with our roster as it probably will be day one maybe Stone doesn't really sniff the D-league all that often. Gain some strength in those arms and legs youngster and you could have a nice career ahead. Grow with us though, not someone else. 

Stone needs a lot of work.  Pretty sure he will have a few stints in the Sports Drink League next year.

Really nice how Collins doesn't seem to care if anyone bodies him up or tries to bang him around, he just scores. He is gonna be pleasantly consistent for us scoring.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, DBac said:

Losing to an 0-3 team that you already beat before would be so Atlanta. 

I hope the Collins benching was more of a 'you've shown enough now just stay healthy' thing than a 'take a seat and calm down' thing.

Well looks like the Hawks are well on their way to losing this one. Hopefully, they can get it together.  Apparently, he was benched because he picked up his 3rd foul.  I guess they wanted to show him what's it like in big leagues if you pick up your third foul in the second quarter.

9 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Well looks like the Hawks are well on their way to losing this one. Hopefully, they can get it together.  Apparently, he was benched because he picked up his 3rd foul.  I guess they wanted to show him what's it like in big leagues if you pick up your third foul in the second quarter.

That's cool I guess. To be fair to John though that third foul call was awful. Coach should've said "Nah you still have 2, John."

• Like 2