• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Summer League Tournament Play: Hawks and Pelicans (again)

benhillboy

For a guy that won't be twenty till September, Collins really doesn't show any issue at all with contact. What an addition. Remembering Al's "walking on the moon" version of eating glass. The right direction for us now. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member

We'll play the loser of some other game on Friday, and that'll be it.

Have to say, Cook exposed us today, or I think this would've been our game. After some flashes of what we'd seen in previous games, Bembry seemed to tire early, and Magette wasn't barely a factor in slowing Cook down.

• Admin
29 minutes ago, sturt said:

Dunno. To me, the value of these guys getting minutes together surpasses any concern for risk of one of them suffering an injury.

I completely disagree ... they have training camp, preseason etc for that ... they played quite a few minutes already and a lot of guys have been going down ... luckily nothing serious yet.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

I completely disagree ... they have training camp, preseason etc for that ... they played quite a few minutes already and a lot of guys have been going down ... luckily nothing serious yet.  

As much as I would like to see Collins, Bembry, and Prince in another game, I just don't see the point. While very entertaining, I don't see them getting better playing against NBA hopefuls. We've seen what we needed to see. Why take the risk for a meaningless game?