• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Another veteran PG off the market

noble

Apparently Cleveland offered Derrick Rose a league minimum deal for 2 years. I would have taken that deal. We need some type of veteran backup and leadership. 

I think it why there is so much confusion in all of these discussions. Schlenk says one thing and either does something else or nothing at all. I get we are rolling out youth, acquiring picks, money, and hoping for a lottery pick or a generational superstar. But saying you want to remain competitive and then not getting any veteran presence and trotting out this roster goes against that.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AHF said:

Derrick Rose offers the exact opposite of leadership and maturity. 

ICHC_DoNotWant.jpg

At this point there very little on the market that anyone wants. I am not a fan if Rose, but everytime I look at our roster I throw up in my mouth a little lol.

• Like 1

• Moderators
41 minutes ago, noble said:

At this point there very little on the market that anyone wants. I am not a fan if Rose, but everytime I look at our roster I throw up in my mouth a little lol.

Just read about his recent trial and see if it doesn't make you more sick to your stomach. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AHF said:

Derrick Rose offers the exact opposite of leadership and maturity. 

ICHC_DoNotWant.jpg

yeah that, and he wouldn't have signed here the the minimum anyway..

With all his leg injuries, he would probably turn into Speedy Claxton here.

This isn't so much a discussion on Rose as much as it is about the current roster and lack of veterans leadership of any form (I mean come on Bellini has 10 years exp, after that it is Baze and Plumlee with 5 and Schröder with 4). We currently have one true PG on the roster and not much of quality behind him. I am curious how Schlenk can say he wants to remain competitive and has said he wants to get some vets, but has done little to nothing to do either.

Let me be clear, I am all for the youth movement and flexibility. I am also for trying to get quality in the draft. I am not for being told one thing then seeing another. Whether Rose is or is not the guy, it shows just how little is left in FA and what this roster looks like right now.

What's left? Ty Lawson, Brandon Jennings, Isaiah Canaan?

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, noble said:

(I mean come on Bellini has 10 years exp, after that it is Baze and Plumlee with 5 and Schröder with 4).

Don't forget Ily.

But the point is well-taken.

But the sequel... Belinelli is likely trade bait already, and Ily is only on a one-year contract. Writing is on the wall, as you've more or less said--this is a developmental roster, not a competitive one.

4 minutes ago, sturt said:

Don't forget Ily.

But the point is well-taken.

But the sequel... Belinelli is likely trade bait already, and Ily is only on a one-year contract. Writing is on the wall, as you've more or less said--this is a developmental roster, not a competitive one.

Thanks I did forget Ily. But you get the idea. I am fine with developmental plans, but what is driving me crazy is Schlenk not being up front. I would rather be told what the plan is as a fan then left to wonder what the hell he is doing lol.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Dragitoff said:

FWIW, Ty Lawson inked a deal to play overseas I believe. 

As of yesterday there was just interest. No deal has been signed. But I think we all get that when we are talking Lawson as the "quality veteran backup" we know we are at the bottom of the barrel.

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, noble said:

Thanks I did forget Ily. But you get the idea. I am fine with developmental plans, but what is driving me crazy is Schlenk not being up front. I would rather be told what the plan is as a fan then left to wonder what the hell he is doing lol.

I think Schlenk made a PR error talking about being competitive like he did on day 1.  What he said more recently matches much better to his actions.  There is a disconnect between what we've done and the notion that we are competing for the playoffs this year but not so much of a disconnect between his most recent statements acknowledging we are deliberately taking a step back this year but plan to return to competitiveness (my use of that word) in the not too distant future.

• Premium Member

Schlenk offered us a glimpse into his brain's definition of "competitive" when he put "30-something wins" in the same sentence.

And yet, there's still a pretty large difference between finishing with 31 wins versus finishing with 39 wins. And a still greater caution flag when one remembers that GMs are also salespeople, and are routinely more optimistic in what they convey to the ticket and merch buying consumers than what the unaffected Las Vegas bookmakers would be... meaning, then, that 30-something is probably better stated as a goal, not a likelihood.

36 minutes ago, AHF said:

I think Schlenk made a PR error talking about being competitive like he did on day 1.  What he said more recently matches much better to his actions.  There is a disconnect between what we've done and the notion that we are competing for the playoffs this year but not so much of a disconnect between his most recent statements acknowledging we are deliberately taking a step back this year but plan to return to competitiveness (my use of that word) in the not too distant future.

Agreed. I still have an issue with the track record so far. Competitive and then backtracks. We will offer Milsap our best offer, offers nothing. Taking a step back, so I worry we will take 2.

29 minutes ago, sturt said:

Schlenk offered us a glimpse into his brain's definition of "competitive" when he put "30-something wins" in the same sentence.

And yet, there's still a pretty large difference between finishing with 31 wins versus finishing with 39 wins. And a still greater caution flag when one remembers that GMs are also salespeople, and are routinely more optimistic in what they convey to the ticket and merch buying consumers than what the unaffected Las Vegas bookmakers would be... meaning, then, that 30-something is probably better stated as a goal, not a likelihood.

Yeah, we have a very low season ticket holder number. I do think he might do better with the fan base and the league if he at least followed through on his statements or at least didn't leave people guessing.

18 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Derrick rose is not a veteran presence or a presence that will help you win ballgames.

Valid, but right now there is very experience on this team and even less scoring ability.