• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Kyrie Irving and the impacts on Cleveland's Draft Pick

hawkster911

With Kyrie Irving possibly headed out of Cleveland and whatever assets are retrieved from this trade, what is everyone's opinion on where the Cleveland draft pick (top 10 protected) will be for the Hawks? 

Hawks Pick:  #3

Cleveland Pick:  #15

Timberwolves Pick: #20

Next years draft is loaded with Centers, and the Hawks will most likely pursue a Center with their first pick. 

• Premium Member
43 minutes ago, hawkster911 said:

With Kyrie Irving possibly headed out of Cleveland and whatever assets are retrieved from this trade, what is everyone's opinion on where the Cleveland draft pick (top 10 protected) will be for the Hawks? 

Hawks Pick:  #3

Cleveland Pick:  #15

Timberwolves Pick: #20

Next years draft is loaded with Centers, and the Hawks will most likely pursue a Center with their first pick. 

#3 pick?  Lol! So because we lost Millsap we go from playoffs to #3 pick? Lol!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

#3 pick?  Lol! So because we lost Millsap we go from playoffs to #3 pick? Lol!

The Hawks will not be that lucky.  They will be one of the three worst teams in the league, but they will probably end up with the 5th pick or so.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Aren't Hardaway and Howard role players

He meant to say end if the bench role players. Not team them with a star and you have a competitive team role players.

Klay Thompson and Patrick McCaw are role players for the Warriors, but there is a huge difference in their roles. We got Patrick McCaw type role players.

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, noble said:

He meant to say end if the bench role players. Not team them with a star and you have a competitive team role players.

Klay Thompson and Patrick McCaw are role players for the Warriors, but there is a huge difference in their roles. We got Patrick McCaw type role players.

You think that John Collin = Patrick McCaw?  Wow!

15 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

You think that John Collin = Patrick McCaw?  Wow!

You can't be that obtuse. Nicolas Brussino and Diamond Stone are Patrick McCaw like. Collins is an unknown commodity.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, noble said:

You can't be that obtuse. Nicolas Brussino and Diamond Stone are Patrick McCaw like. Collins is an unknown commodity.

So let me understand you clearly..we will have the 3rd worse record because of the 14th and 15th players on the roster...maybe I am obtuse so can you break it down a little better for me

• Premium Member
Just now, thecampster said:

Collins is not today = Sap.  I believe one day he'll be better but he is a 20 year old rookie. He needs minutes and work on his body. 82 games is a grind.

So our win total will be what without those 3 players?

38 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

So let me understand you clearly..we will have the 3rd worse record because of the 14th and 15th players on the roster...maybe I am obtuse so can you break it down a little better for me

No I think we will be the 3rd worst because we have nobody who can score consistently, are relying on a ton of rookies, and are using backups and 3rd stringers as starters. I think we will have the 3rd worst record because we have very little veteran presence and got rid of the most consistent parts of this team.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

So our win total will be what without those 3 players?

30, maybe, if Schröder can be more consistent, the rookies develop quickly, and the backups we are using as starters play to their per 36 stats.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, noble said:

No I think we will be the 3rd worst because we have nobody who can score consistently, are relying on a ton of rookies, and are using backups and 3rd stringers as starters. I think we will have the 3rd worst record because we have very little veteran presence and got rid of the most consistent parts of this team.

We only have 2 rookies on the team. One is a shooting guard and 4th on the depth chart. What 3rd stringers will be starting for the Hawks?

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, noble said:

30, maybe, if Schröder can be more consistent, the rookies develop quickly, and the backups we are using as starters play to their per 36 stats.

30 wins will net us the 3rd pick in the draft?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

We only have 2 rookies on the team. One is a shooting guard and 4th on the depth chart. What 3rd stringers will be starting for the Hawks?

Dedmon and Ily. Ok so I can buy 2nd stringers as starters. And Dorsey is 3rd string right now on the depth chart not 4th.