• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Schröder on TV right now

bleachkit

18 hours ago, High5 said:

That turnover was brutal. He was playing well from the little bit I saw before that. 

Yeah it was.  Had Ibaka open in the short corner, but lost the ball going at Porzingis.  If they make that shot, they take the lead.  Instead, Team World goes the other way, and Kyle Lowry hits a ridiculous and-1 from the FT line.

Game Over.

Maybe that's how Dennis will play this year, in order to tank the season for our beloved GM.  Be decent the entire game, but point shave at the end with a critical turnover to lose the game.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Yeah it was.  Had Ibaka open in the short corner, but lost the ball going at Porzingis.  If they make that shot, they take the lead.  Instead, Team World goes the other way, and Kyle Lowry hits a ridiculous and-1 from the FT line.

Game Over.

Maybe that's how Dennis will play this year, in order to tank the season for our beloved GM.  Be decent the entire game, but point shave at the end with a critical turnover to lose the game.

I just don't know if Dennis is the guy you give the keys to the car to going forward. Milsap was a kind if a stabilizing force for us. Without him Dennis will be taking a lot more shots. It might get ugly, real ugly.

• Like 1

Taking a lot of shots isn't how Dennis's game was developed overseas or under Bud.  Just because he's the main guy now doesn't mean he is going to automatically start taking a bunch of shots and developing a Russell Westbrook type of mentality.  

Dennis is an aggressive pick and roll point guard who can create for himself and for others when he is penetrating the lane, and he combines that with high level mid range shooting.   Space the floor for the kid and let him go.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KB21 said:

Taking a lot of shots isn't how Dennis's game was developed overseas or under Bud.  Just because he's the main guy now doesn't mean he is going to automatically start taking a bunch of shots and developing a Russell Westbrook type of mentality.  

Dennis is an aggressive pick and roll point guard who can create for himself and for others when he is penetrating the lane, and he combines that with high level mid range shooting.   Space the floor for the kid and let him go.  

His passing is not too good, because he tries to do too much (i.e. tries to force something to happen when it is not going to happen), a la Mid-Range Shawty.

Edited by Watchman

1 hour ago, Watchman said:

His passing is not too good, because he tries to do too much (i.e. tries to force something to happen when it is not going to happen), a la Mid-Range Shawty.

It's inconsistent, somewhat similar to a young quarterback's accuracy in football.  There are flashes of what he can do as a passer, and there are examples of where he's trying to force things.

The way I would describe him at this time is if you are open, he will get you the ball.  However, he's not going to "throw you open" to use a football term.   This is a numbers vs the eye test situation, but Dennis was 5th among players with a 27+ usage rate in assists percentage.  So, it's not like he is this ball magnet.  

• Like 2

There's no real point trying to discuss Dennis with the strong opposition of him. They just won't change their opinion at all and you'll be talking to a brick wall.

No he's not a good passer but I think some of y'all need some education about how the PNR goes. Sometimes you'll see a switch on the PNR and with a big on small, do you really want the small to pass? That's a case in which they should take it and that is NOT ISOing.

(You can make an argument that teams might be baiting Dennis when they switch though)

I did not watch the second half of this, but someone claimed that he was hacked on his drive.

Oh and if you didn't know him and saw a picture of him in street clothes, you'd think he should be on the German national....soccer team.

14 hours ago, Kimsey said:

He won't fully progress unless he improves his body strength and size. You could say that about any player but it very much so applies to Dennis. 

I caught the last 10 minutes of the game and Dennis honestly looked a bit stronger.  Training camp doesn't start until the end of September so I'm sure he will put on a couple more pounds before then.  Just have to be careful not to over do it and loose some quickness.