• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Kyrie to Boston . . Thomas to Cleveland . . oh boy

TheNorthCydeRises

On 8/27/2017 at 2:06 PM, Flight said:

Y'all acting like point guards lead teams to championships lol. 

Outside of Steph Curry, Isiah Thomas and Magic Johnson. I would love to see y'all name a PG that leads a dominate team as the best player.

First off, those 3 PGs have 9 championships between them.

The non-point guards?

Jordan has 6

Duncan has 5

Kobe has 5

Wade has 4

Shaq has 4

Lebron has 3

Second, there have been PG dominant teams that have lost in the Finals.  Allen Iverson is the guy that Kyrie could compare to, from a scoring and ball dominant standpoint.   Jason Kidd, who made it to 2 Finals, was ball dominant from a playmaking standpoint.  Gary Payton and John Stockton. were the leaders of their team.  And Tony Parker has an NBA Finals MVP award, along with Chauncey Billups.

Iverson, Stockton, Parker, and Billups will all be in the Hall of Fame one day.  Westbrook and Chris Paul will be too.

And so will Kyrie Irving.

Edited by TheNorthCydeRises

On 9/4/2017 at 11:37 PM, TheNorthCydeRises said:

First off, those 3 PGs have 9 championships between them.

The non-point guards?

Jordan has 6

Duncan has 5

Kobe has 5

Wade has 4

Shaq has 4

Lebron has 3

Second, there have been PG dominant teams that have lost in the Finals.  Allen Iverson is the guy that Kyrie could compare to, from a scoring and ball dominant standpoint.   Jason Kidd, who made it to 2 Finals, was ball dominant from a playmaking standpoint.  Gary Payton and John Stockton. were the leaders of their team.  And Tony Parker has an NBA Finals MVP award, along with Chauncey Billups.

Iverson, Stockton, Parker, and Billups will all be in the Hall of Fame one day.  Westbrook and Chris Paul will be too.

And so will Kyrie Irving.

I think this further proves my point lol even with a hall of fame level PG it won't be enough for any team to win a championship. It takes a lot more surrounding talent. 

• Moderators
53 minutes ago, Flight said:

I think this further proves my point lol even with a hall of fame level PG it won't be enough for any team to win a championship. It takes a lot more surrounding talent. 

You could make the same point about HOF centers (like Ewing) or wings (TMac) or forwards (the Chuck wagon), etc.  Not many players can make it on their own.

• Like 1

On 9.9.2017 at 2:16 AM, AHF said:

You could make the same point about HOF centers (like Ewing) or wings (TMac) or forwards (the Chuck wagon), etc.  Not many players can make it on their own.

Not even LeBron made it on his own. He was the best player on the planet and even he needed Wade & Bosh and Kyrie & Love to win titles...

EDIT: That 2011 title for the mavs vs the Big3 was so sweet!!!

Edited by rd79
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, rd79 said:

EDIT: That 2011 title for the mavs vs the Big3 was so sweet!!!

Yessssss, it was. And I've tried to never reveal this, but as some others here have their Bucks and T'Woves to pull for after their Hawks, I don't exactly hate the Spurs and Mavs :blink:

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, pimp said:

Everyone already knows Horford's scouting report
SOFT.jpg

You left out "followed by a frustrated clap (tears titty)."

• Like 2