• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Kyrie to Boston . . Thomas to Cleveland . . oh boy

TheNorthCydeRises

It already was on lockdown. Unless we get a generational talent and a few superstars with him, we are going to be nothing more than we have been.

• Like 1

Just now, noble said:

It already was on lockdown. Unless we get a generational talent and a few superstars with him, we are going to be nothing more than we have been.

That means the tank will be for nothing then.  Hopefully DJ Schlenk can scout well and find an overlooked superstar in the making.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Lurker said:

This does not make Boston or Cleveland better.

It makes both of them stronger long term.  You now have Kyrie and Hayward as the young building blocks of the team.  You just give the Cavs a potential top 3 pick, which might be enough incentive for Lebron to stay in Cleveland . . but at the worst, have a young talent to pair with Kevin Love.

I guess we'll just have to bet on Dennis, Taurean, John, Deandre, and next year's draft pick.   We need at least 2 out of the 5 to become All-Stars.  Can they do it?  If they cant, it's purgatory for the next 7 years.

• Like 3

Just now, TheNorthCydeRises said:

It makes both of them stronger long term.  You now have Kyrie and Hayward as the young building blocks of the team.  You just give the Cavs a potential top 3 pick, which might be enough incentive for Lebron to stay in Cleveland . . but at the worst, have a young talent to pair with Kevin Love.

I guess we'll just have to bet on Dennis, Taurean, John, Deandre, and next year's draft pick.   We need at least 2 out of the 5 to become All-Stars.  Can they do it?  If they cant, it's purgatory for the next 7 years.

I am not a buyer in Kyrie being much better than the Melo we have seen since Denver...he is nothing but a scorer...nothing more, nothing less, and he'll disrupt Boston's flow offense.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

A rookie isn't going to convince LeBron to stick around and IT is due a contract next season while Irving has another year. They'll have to swing something big to keep LeBron. And for Boston, they gave up a lot to compete now, which we aren't concerned with. They'll have to sign Irving to a huge contract before we have to worry about them. 

If this trade pushes LeBron towards leaving then the downside is us likely missing out on that first round pick. I'm fine with the rest. 

1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

The draft pick will convince LeBron to leave, if anything. I am not afraid of a Top 3 pick/Love core Cavs team. That team is not making the playoffs in the near future. Kyrie is a Free Agent in 2019 and can leave Boston.

• Admin

Well Boston hasn't improved as a result of that trade and they still don't have rebounding... Cavs are the same ... maybe the addition of Crawford helps a little ... I do like the draft pick but when Lebron leaves next year they are lottery bound

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cleveland will win 58 games, go to the finals and pick before us in the draft next year. 

But they will be bad after this season so it's fine

16 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

Cleveland will win 58 games, go to the finals and pick before us in the draft next year. 

Know the worst part about this? This is how the NBA wants it. It is so frustrating to watch.

• Like 2

Think it was a good trade for both. I actually think Kyrie is underrated: the dude's 25, 2-3 years from now he'll be butting heads with Wall for best PG in the league. Can't wait to see what he does unleashed under better coaching. For the record, gimme Kyrie over Butler or George hands down.

GREAT trade for Cavs though, considering Kyrie requested a trade.

• Admin
Think it was a good trade for both. I actually think Kyrie is underrated: the dude's 25, 2-3 years from now he'll be butting heads with Wall for best PG in the league. Can't wait to see what he does unleashed under better coaching. For the record, gimme Kyrie over Butler or George hands down.

GREAT trade for Cavs though, considering Kyrie requested a trade.

Kyrie isn't that good a point guard and is a terrible defender ... he is a phenomenal scorer but he def not a great playmaker ... being in Boston works for him though as they have other guys who will facilitate the offense like Haywood and Horford

5 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

Kyrie isn't that good a point guard and is a terrible defender ... he is a phenomenal scorer but he def not a great playmaker ... being in Boston works for him though as they have other guys who will facilitate the offense like Haywood and Horford

He's got all the skill to be a phenomenal playmaker. He's literally never had a good coach. Maybe Blatt I guess.

Jae Crowder going to Cleveland is the kicker in this trade.  He makes Cleveland very good now, and when LeBron leaves after next season, Crowder will be the player that keeps Cleveland from bottoming out.  For what his role will be, Crowder is the best player that was dealt in this trade.