Kyrie to Boston . . Thomas to Cleveland . . oh boy

TheNorthCydeRises

Boston gave up too much. They did well to stretch their timeline out a little more though (couple years of Kyrie before he enters his 'prime years' >>> paying IT next year). Cleveland got a draft pick which will help them get started on their rebuild because Bron seems like his foot is out the door and at that point it's not worth maxing out IT.

I think Cleveland got a little better this offseason. Boston got better because they added Hayward but outside of him their offseason has been kind of confusing. 

Looking rough for our Cleveland pick tbh. That team is goin for to go through one hell of an overhaul over the offseason. 

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Watchman said:

Looks to me like the Great Danny Ainge got taken to the cleaners.  Arguably IT is a wash for Irving, or very nearly, and to throw in Crowder and a 1st round pick?  Wow.  So much for the Danny Ainge legend.

I don't know about that. 

IT is great but will he prove Healthy?  Over the Long term?

Remember, IT had to leave the playoffs with a rear hip injury.  Is this chronic, I don't know.  However, PGs his size get BEAT UP.   Cleveland may not have considered it, but I'm sure that Boston Did.  What happens if you roll through 82 games.  Win 64.. then all the sudden, game 1 of the playoffs, IT is out for the playoffs with an injury?

Yes... The East has been a cake walk... However, nobody wants Chrystal Chandelier as their PG.

As far as Crowder goes... He's just DMC with more weight.  He's good but he's not carrying the load. 

• Like 1

• Moderators

3 of Kyrie's 6 regular seasons, he has missed an average of 28 games (finishing with only 50 some games played every time) and in his regular season with the most games played he fractured his knee and missed the Finals.

IT has never missed even 18 games in a season.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, AHF said:

3 of Kyrie's 6 regular seasons, he has missed an average of 28 games (finishing with only 50 some games played every time) and in his regular season with the most games played he fractured his knee and missed the Finals.

IT has never missed even 18 games in a season.

PGs his size... get BEAT UP.  

Celtics coach Brad Stevens recently said that he didn't know whether Thomas would be ready for the start of training camp, and that he would be re-evaluated in early September. Ainge went a step further, suggesting Thomas may not be ready for the start of the season.

I never cared much for Crowder or Thomas.  Nice stories of great overachievement and great value contracts for the upcoming season for sure.  I'm interested to see if Stephens can make Kyrie a better all-around player, namely putting forth effort all the time on defense instead of when he gets good and ready.  Why they threw in the Nets pick is beyond me.  That roster has blue chip prospect all over it. 

Edited by benhillboy

The fact that fans believe Kyrie is a superstar player shows how much fans still overvalue volume scoring.  Yeah, Kyrie is a volume shot creator, but he does nothing else on the floor at an above average level.  He's a below average passer for a point guard.  He's a below average defender.  You aren't going to see him setting screens or creating many opportunities for his teammates to score.  He's a volume shooter.  That's it.  

The same thing applies to Isaiah Thomas a swell.  He's also a volume shooter/scorer that isn't above average with anything else.

The prize of this trade is Jae Crowder, who is the better player of the ones who were traded.  Jae was 20th in the NBA in RPM in 2016-2017 and has rated highly in each year since his Dallas days, so this isn't a fluke.  He's a team oriented player who can defend two positions at a high level.  He's a shot maker from 2 point, 3 point, and the free throw line.  He will set screens.  He will keep the ball moving on offense.  He is the type of player that helps teams win games.  Boston is foolish for dealing him, and a straight up swap of Crowder for Irving will cost Boston at least 2-3 wins on the year.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TheFuzz said:

The Nets pick will  be 8 to 12 , not top 3

Doesn't matter where its at, this is Cleveland we are talking about. Any pick inside the lottery will be number 1. Would not be suprised if Danny getting a little kick back from commish for throwing it in.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, TheFuzz said:

I actually think Kyrie is underrated: the dude's 25, 2-3 years from now he'll be butting heads with Wall for best PG in the league. 

I think Curry and Westbrook may disagree with you.

4 hours ago, DBac said:

Boston gave up too much. They did well to stretch their timeline out a little more though (couple years of Kyrie before he enters his 'prime years' >>> paying IT next year). Cleveland got a draft pick which will help them get started on their rebuild because Bron seems like his foot is out the door and at that point it's not worth maxing out IT.

I think Cleveland got a little better this offseason. Boston got better because they added Hayward but outside of him their offseason has been kind of confusing. 

Looking rough for our Cleveland pick tbh. That team is goin for to go through one hell of an overhaul over the offseason. 

Kyrie has bad knees at 25....not a good sign for "entering his prime".

The randomly mentioned thought on this trade on talk radio was Thomas is 28 with a recovering hip issue. Irving is just 25 but with a recurring knee/joint issue.  In both cases, either team could get screwed by the injury factor.  This makes Cleveland getting Crowder + 2018 1st pretty huge.

2 hours ago, thecampster said:

Kyrie has bad knees at 25....not a good sign for "entering his prime".

It's true Boston could get completely screwed by that. But nevertheless he's likely not in his prime years yet. For all we know he could be like Curry or go the way of TMac

21 hours ago, KB21 said:

Jae Crowder going to Cleveland is the kicker in this trade.  He makes Cleveland very good now, and when LeBron leaves after next season, Crowder will be the player that keeps Cleveland from bottoming out.  For what his role will be, Crowder is the best player that was dealt in this trade.  

Seriously? I like Crowder as a defender, but this is a little over the top..

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Diesel said:

I don't know about that. 

IT is great but will he prove Healthy?  Over the Long term?

Remember, IT had to leave the playoffs with a rear hip injury.  Is this chronic, I don't know.  However, PGs his size get BEAT UP.   Cleveland may not have considered it, but I'm sure that Boston Did.  What happens if you roll through 82 games.  Win 64.. then all the sudden, game 1 of the playoffs, IT is out for the playoffs with an injury?

Yes... The East has been a cake walk... However, nobody wants Chrystal Chandelier as their PG.

As far as Crowder goes... He's just DMC with more weight.  He's good but he's not carrying the load. 

lol. Kyrie has had concussions, a fractured jaw, sprained shoulders , a broken finger, a broken hand, tendonitis in his knees, right toe injuries, foot injuries, a nasal fracture, etc.............................

• Like 1

7 hours ago, snake88usa said:

Doesn't matter where its at, this is Cleveland we are talking about. Any pick inside the lottery will be number 1. Would not be suprised if Danny getting a little kick back from commish for throwing it in.

Glad to see you come bearing humor. You'll need it here. Wait, no.....you're being serious?

Edited by hazer