• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

John Collins working on his craft

marco102

• Moderators
46 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Be careful...Someone might accuse you of being a homer who is once again overrating a hawk player.

What are you projecting for him this season?

MPG:

PPG:

FG%:

RPG:

BPG:

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

Bud is the wild card...This kid is the real deal and will silence his critics given the opportunity.

I'd love to see him put up 18 points on 57% shooting along with >12 rebounds and >1.8 blocks per 36.  

I do think that is a high standard, though.  There was exactly 1 player who averaged those per minute numbers last season (Clint Capela).  

http://bkref.com/tiny/92Nvt

Some notable rookies who fell short of those per minute numbers include:

Tim Duncan (rebounds and FG%)

David Robinson (rebounds and FG%)

Anthony Davis (points, rebounds and FG%)

KAT (rebounds and FG%)

Shaq (FG%)

Hakeem (FG%)

Charles Barkley (points, rebounds, blocks and FG%)

Moses Malone (points, blocks and FG%)

I think we all are hoping to see him pass those hurdles.  Just don't want anyone to be disappointed in him if he doesn't hit those because those are really lofty targets.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, AHF said:

I'd love to see him put up 18 points on 57% shooting along with >12 rebounds and >1.8 blocks per 36.  

I do think that is a high standard, though.  There was exactly 1 player who averaged those per minute numbers last season (Clint Capela).  

http://bkref.com/tiny/92Nvt

Some notable rookies who fell short of those per minute numbers include:

Tim Duncan (rebounds and FG%)

David Robinson (rebounds and FG%)

Anthony Davis (points, rebounds and FG%)

KAT (rebounds and FG%)

Shaq (FG%)

Hakeem (FG%)

Charles Barkley (points, rebounds, blocks and FG%)

Moses Malone (points, blocks and FG%)

I think we all are hoping to see him pass those hurdles.  Just don't want anyone to be disappointed in him if he doesn't hit those because those are really lofty targets.

Enough of these mind games....the guy will be good no matter whether he falls short next year or not. I'm willing to bet if he were drafted by another team, many here would be proposing yearly trades for him during his entire NBA career like many do with other players like Chris Paul.

• Like 4

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

Enough of these mind games...tgames...the guy will be good no matter whether he falls short next year or not. I'm willing to bet if he were drafted by another team, many here would be proposing yearly trades for him during his entire NBA career like many do with other players like Chris Paul.

I hope you are right.  I just find it funny that you fired shots at people who think the expectations might be getting too high for him (and who are still completely sold and excited on the pick) while putting up expectations that Tim Duncan and many other HOFers didn't match a single season in their long and auspicious careers.

I'm all on Collins.  Just promoting a reasonable expectation for the 19 year old rookie that we are both going to be cheering on next season.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

We are homers, that's what being a fan is to a certain extent. 

P-Bird's gripe, which I agree with, is that even though this is a Hawks forum filled with Hawks "fans", there's a faction here who act like we're supposed to be impartial journalists or commentators in relation to our beloved Hawks. 

• Like 2

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I am naturally objective so I prefer impartiality to fanatisicm. I think there can be a healthy balance between the two.

There is plenty of room between historically high production and impartiality.  We will have people all along the spectrum (plus some on the negative side) among those of us on the Squawk.  I think few of us will be truly impartial because we are fans and most of us are really excited about Collins.  Can't really think of a poster I've seen who isn't at least intrigued by him.

• Like 2

• Moderators
52 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Kinda remember him being included in a number of trades like the one for Kyrie Irving.

And the notion that he might be an important piece of a package to a land a guy who made his 4th All-Star team at the age of 24 last year makes you think the posters don't see any value in him?  I'll repeat it:  I have yet to see anyone on this site who isn't at least intrigued by him.  That is the floor for interest.  That interest runs from that floor up to the ceiling of posters predicting HOF performance.

• Premium Member
18 hours ago, AHF said:

I'll repeat it:  I have yet to see anyone on this site who isn't at least intrigued by him.  That is the floor for interest.  T

I don't expect him to play much at all. Hawks got Ersan, Babbitt, Muscula who all got more experience than him.

It wouldn't surprise me to see him in and out of D League.

Doesn't sound like this person is that intrigued