• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

My thoughts on the new season.

thecampster

I'm with you.  Can't wait to watch the Hawks play unselfish basketball and lockdown D.

Also can't wait to watch the rookies get serious minutes but would not be surprised if Bud limits their minutes until half way through the season. 

As for Dennis, the recent altercation was a letdown.  I really hope he learns from it.

As for their record, I really don't care.  It's a win/win in my opinion.  If the Hawks do well then it just goes to show how good our young core is already.  If they do poorly, then we are looking at a high draft pick to add talent.

• Like 2

Bold Prediction Bud wins COTY.  Italicized prediction he’s Top 3.  He can fully focus on his specialty of xo’s and development without any front office distractions and the malignant tumor has been removed.  I can never discount a guy who coached the only 5-Man POTM in league history.  If Babbitt and Bellinelli can stay in the high .300s from the arc I have no worries.  Baze’s minutes will continue to be rationed accordingly.

Edited by benhillboy

You guys are much more optimistic then I am.  I think they have a couple nice young potential rotation pieces but no real stars or guys who easily project to become stars (and by stars I mean someone you can build a championship team around). 

Young teams traditionally do not win much so from a record perspective I have low expectations.  

• Premium Member
23 hours ago, benhillboy said:

Bold Prediction Bud wins COTY.  Italicized prediction he’s Top 3.  He can fully focus on his specialty of xo’s and development without any front office distractions and the malignant tumor has been removed.  I can never discount a guy who coached the only 5-Man POTM in league history. 

I like Bud until the games start!  Dude drives me nut with those screwy line ups that never work.

My thoughts? 

I don't expect a good season but people thinking it will be a REALLY bad season and expecting a #1/2 pick, prepare to be disappointed. I expect bad, but listen, structure, flow, a roster that makes sense, and good coaching is worth some wins. With this league, you have tanking teams and teams that decide they don't give a **** every night. 

I suspect 25-30 wins unless there is an effort made to totally tank, which means trading of the veterans.

Edited by Lurker

• Premium Member

I'm expecting the bottom of the East to be wide open.  There's a 2-3 spots there for basically anybody that wants it.  Especially if a team like Milwaukee underachieves.  I'm thinking we could win 35 games and squeak into the playoffs...which would honestly be the most pointless playoff berth I've ever seen.

12 hours ago, Lurker said:

My thoughts? 

I don't expect a good season but people thinking it will be a REALLY bad season and expecting a #1/2 pick, prepare to be disappointed. I expect bad, but listen, structure, flow, a roster that makes sense, and good coaching is worth some wins. With this league, you have tanking teams and teams that decide they don't give a **** every night. 

I suspect 25-30 wins unless there is an effort made to totally tank, which means trading of the veterans.

In my opinion, with the exception of the Chicago Bulls, every other team will win at least 20 games.  I think even the bottom feeders got somewhat better, I still only see 3 teams on paper worse than us Chicago, Phoenix and Sacramento.  I don't see why people think Brooklyn is going to be as bad as last season.   Towards the last month or 1 1/2 months last season Atkinson had that team playing well.  The Hawks win around 28games and end up with either the 4th or 5worst  record in the League. The Hawks defense is inconsistent and they have trouble making shots.  Bud can do all the " coaching up" he wants but it still won't help them make the playoffs.

Edited by Blunt91