• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Crunch time benching of Dennis Schröder

StephenHawking

4 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I don't think this team is anywhere near the ballpark of being legitimately good in my factors, but the East is terrible, so it could be a one year thing... Not saying it will be, but it can be.

I could not have said it any better myself. The Nets do not have one all-star on their roster and they are just three games behind the 6th seed. In the East you don't need a big anything to make the playoffs, you just need a healthy starting five lol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lurker said:

I don't think this team is anywhere near the ballpark of being legitimately good in my factors, but the East is terrible, so it could be a one year thing... Not saying it will be, but it can be.

No, the Hawks are terrible.  The East has 5 of the top 8 teams in the NBA . . . and only 2 of the bottom 6 teams in the NBA.

No, the Hawks are terrible.  The East has 5 of the top 8 teams in the NBA . . . and only 2 of the bottom 6 teams in the NBA.

We're only this terrible because we have bench role players starting for us, and our best players are also the youngest. The NBA is weak across the board. I think reliance on 3 point shooting has killed other parts of the game.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:

We're only this terrible because we have bench role players starting for us, and our best players are also the youngest. The NBA is weak across the board. I think reliance on 3 point shooting has killed other parts of the game.

The reliance upon the three point shot and jump shooting overall has placed an emphasis upon player skill level, and the fact is, the majority of young players coming into the league these days are extremely underdeveloped relative to their skill level.

The reliance upon the three point shot and jump shooting overall has placed an emphasis upon player skill level, and the fact is, the majority of young players coming into the league these days are extremely underdeveloped relative to their skill level.

I'd argue the opposite. Players are so focused on jump shooting they don't learn other things like post moves or running a proper pick and roll. A guy like Bembry is very fundamentally sound and skilled, yet it's hard to play him since he's such a poor shooter. Teams shooting 3s score so many points you either take the same shots or lose in a shootout.

1 minute ago, nathan2331 said:

I'd argue the opposite. Players are so focused on jump shooting they don't learn other things like post moves or running a proper pick and roll. A guy like Bembry is very fundamentally sound and skilled, yet it's hard to play him since he's such a poor shooter. Teams shooting 3s score so many points you either take the same shots or lose in a shootout.

I disagree.  Most of these young players have come up in the AAU environment where they showcase their athleticism and never learn to make even a proper post entry pass.  

I disagree.  Most of these young players have come up in the AAU environment where they showcase their athleticism and never learn to make even a proper post entry pass.  

And what do they also do? Shoot threes like their last name is Curry. AAU might be bad but players still have a chance to refine their game in college which they don't take advantage of. But you're right, too many players are entering the league before they're ready. Hopefully the expansion of the G-league will mitigate that.

3 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:

And what do they also do? Shoot threes like their last name is Curry. AAU might be bad but players still have a chance to refine their game in college which they don't take advantage of. But you're right, too many players are entering the league before they're ready. Hopefully the expansion of the G-league will mitigate that.

It won't until they make it a true minor league, and to do that, you need to be able to play prospects in the G-League without having their time accrue on their contract.

• Like 1

It won't until they make it a true minor league, and to do that, you need to be able to play prospects in the G-League without having their time accrue on their contract.

I think it'll get there in time. There are too many talented guys getting drafted that aren't ready. With more investment and resources the G-league can become a more valuable tool for players trying to make it in the NBA. The contract situation is something that teams will have to figure something out in the CBA. Maybe steal some ideas from baseball or something.