• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Any interest in Winslow?

JTB

Personally I don’t know much about Winslow but he reminds me a lot of Detroit’s Stanley Johnson. Those two seem so similar to me for some reason but again I don’t watch either player enough to really judge their skills.

....anyways would Winslow be worth trading for? Apparently rivalry executives believe he’s Miami’s “76ers Jahil Okafor” except they actually play him.

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/248561/Rival-Execs-Call-Justise-Winslow-Miamis-Jahlil-Okafor

Edited by JTB

I don’t know much but his numbers project he could be a decent bench 3 and D Man.  He doesn’t strike me as a player who’d be okay jacking up lazy and excessive threes though. 

Is he supposed to be in Spo’s doghouse or something?  That’s not a good sign.  He also likes swingmen who can put it on the floor, not a Winslow strong suit.

Had no idea the Heat were 4th, although not surprised.  Udonis Harlem apparently is still alive and being paid by the Heat.  Good for him.

Edited by benhillboy

• Moderators

I don't trust his bump in 3pt% this year (still is career 29%), but even with that he is still an incredibly inefficient scorer which is why he isn't part of the Heat's core anymore.   I would only want him as a cheap flyer that we could improve him.  I think he can defend well enough to contribute if his offense wasn't such a liability.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AHF said:

I don't trust his bump in 3pt% this year (still is career 29%), but even with that he is still an incredibly inefficient scorer which is why he isn't part of the Heat's core anymore.   I would only want him as a cheap flyer that we could improve him.  I think he can defend well enough to contribute if his offense wasn't such a liability.

Same here...I’m wondering how bad his offense is overall and if it worth it for  bud and staff to take on the challenge and turn him into atleast an average .355 three point shooter who can bring intense defense off the bench.

My thought process behind bringing in Winslow is possible new Sefelosha for the bench and the future.

• Moderators
45 minutes ago, JTB said:

DMC?

DMC averaged 12.7 pp36 in his last season in Utah.

He averaged 12.5 pp36 in his first season in Atlanta and 14.5 in his second.

His shooting improved but it wasn't some huge transformation.  DMC had almost the exact same numbers in Utah and Atlanta - just with a lot more minutes in Atlanta.

• Like 1