• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bellinelli possibly on the move, being held out tonight?

johnnyde

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/961040356044410880

The Hawks have informed veteran sharpshooter Marco Belinelli that he is on course to be traded by Thursday's 3 p.m. deadline, league sources say. Atlanta said to still be weighing its options in terms of exactly where it will send him with multiple teams interested

There also continues to be considerable trade interest in Hawks forward Ersan Ilyasova, but Ilyasova can veto any trade as a One-Year Bird and to this point has shown little interest in relocating

There is no done deal for Atlanta’s Marco Bellinelli, I’m told, but the Hawks have several options they are weighing and clearly feel confident enough in something getting done that they have sidelined him.

Sorry about the weird formatting guys, doing this on mobile. 
Edited by johnnyde

Meh doesn't matter, far as I care he and Ilyasova can get traded, doesn't move the needle in any way, shape or form, but sorry, Bazemore will need to be kept and have his season curtained soon, he and Dedmon are the only veterans that truly exemplify the Hawks way.

22 minutes ago, LamarHampton said:

Really like Belli, hope he winds up in a great spot. Wish he'd made it to our roster outside of a tank season. Consummate pro, could legitimately be in discussions for 6th man of the year if in the right situation. Hope we get something good for him too of course. But will genuinely miss having that guy in a Hawks uni if he is traded.

He was always a player I disliked because I thought he did nothing but chuck.  Now I know he’s a pure shooter who fuels team play through cutting and has sneaky hands on defense.  Judging by some of the shots he takes (and makes) he’s slightly off his rocker.  Pretty good FT rate for his style as well.

I hope he goes to a good squad too.  He’ll fall back into obscurity with a bad one.  

Everybody want a first round pick nowadays. Boston demanding one for Smart.  FOH.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 3

• Moderators
9 hours ago, benhillboy said:

Everybody want a first round pick nowadays. Boston demanding one for Smart.  FOH.

Yeah - I'm increasingly less optimistic about us being able to get much for the guys on our roster at this deadline.  I am prioritizing having the roster in tank form after the deadline at this point.  Anything else we get is gravy.

• Like 1

On 2/6/2018 at 8:21 PM, GameTime said:

Good news. Now if we can only get rid of Baze Sura before he sabotages us a top 3 pick.

For the love of God, get Bobby Bazemore off the court before they end up drafting 8th. Speaking of which...

I was listening to 1230 and heard a conversation between Branden Leake and Joe Hamilton regarding the Hawks. While Branden was applauding them for trying to make the move to trade Bellinelli, Joe disagreed and wanted them to keep trying to win games to preserve a semblance of a winning culture. While I've often been against this team mailing it in (and have the posts to show it), we're here now and not competing for a world title anytime soon so why not go for the first pick? There is no way folks here are going to stomach a 50-60 loss season, only to end up with Josh Childress 2.0....

• Like 3

• Moderators
22 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Tank they said, get Hardaway out of here they said, screw Dwight they said, Blake Griffin would be too expensive.....yah...tanking is for pros....

Cause Hardaway and Dwight are leading their teams to great results?  Last time I checked both were on track to nothing more than worse lottery picks than us.  (And I think THJr was getting dunked on in historic fashion)

I don't ever recall Blake being much of a discussion point.  I think he was a good match for a team like Detroit that was a fringe playoff team trying to send a jolt of electricity through the roster.  We didn't fit that profile.  Last season, he would have been a better match.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, AHF said:

Cause Hardaway and Dwight are leading their teams to great results?  Last time I checked both were on track to nothing more than worse lottery picks than us.  (And I think THJr was getting dunked on in historic fashion)

I don't ever recall Blake being much of a discussion point.  I think he was a good match for a team like Detroit that was a fringe playoff team trying to send a jolt of electricity through the roster.  We didn't fit that profile.  Last season, he would have been a better match.

Go back and look.  There was a fine discussion (promoted by yours truly) that Griffin would be a much better investment than Millsap.  And my point isn't we're going to the finals with those guys and I think you know that. My point was those hobo riding the tank train thought it was as simple as just losing games.  These are professionals folks. They have pride. Bud is a pro, he has pride. Nobody just lays down in the NBA.  You aren't getting 3 straight years of back to back to back number 1 picks.  Draft right, not high. That's the actual formula.

Edited by thecampster

• Moderators
4 hours ago, thecampster said:

Go back and look.  There was a fine discussion (promoted by yours truly) that Griffin would be a much better investment than Millsap.  And my point isn't we're going to the finals with those guys and I think you know that. My point was those hobo riding the tank train thought it was as simple as just losing games.  These are professionals folks. They have pride. Bud is a pro, he has pride. Nobody just lays down in the NBA.  You aren't getting 3 straight years of back to back to back number 1 picks.  Draft right, not high. That's the actual formula.

Don't disagree with a lot of what you have.  Bottomline for me is draft high and right.  If you are going to have a lost season, shut people down, etc. if you have to.  Do what you need to do to get a return on the season cause your season isn't going to be about the number of wins.  Be like GS did once they fell out of the playoff picture during their rebuilding years and they started shutting people down to ensure they kept their lottery pick.

THJr and Howard are a whole separate issue to me.  Their departures at their prices are not losses.  They joined teams and didn't make them any better.  They are the 10th and 11th seeds this year and were the 11th and 12th seeds last year.  For 40 million, who cares about those results?

• Like 1