• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

10 Years In...

benhillboy

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

...and the playoff streak is officially done.  After the 60 win season I foolishly thought we were on a Mavericks-style incline to a championship around now.  No Dirk or Dominique walked through the door tho.

A few great moments and memories from the run.  Pero vs West, Joe’s great game 1 versus the Bulls in the second round that had us all gassed, Drew outcoaching Woody and Stan at the same time, forcing Game 7 versus the Celtics, DeMarre carrying us through the Nets, Molly Mike and Shelvin ripping the cords down in Indy.  Let’s reminisce, reflect, lay blame, argue, etc.

Dude you just dripped some blood into the open sea...The sharks will be here soon!

• Like 1

• Moderators

Also... Jeff Teague Outta Nowhere versus the MVP! Paula losing his bet to Rookie Al (don't you wish you had our guy, Boston?) And Dennis making the IT Lovefest wait another year.

oooh oooh and Rondo ref-bumping and getting tossed. And Jameer Nelson having to eat some crow after he failed to reach the second round.

~lw3

• Like 4

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Jameer Nelson having to eat some crow after he failed to reach the second round.

One of my favorite memories. 

That comeback vs the Celtics tho gave me joy like no other memory. That actually meant more to me than the Bird-Nique duel. Maybe because I was younger and didn't fully understand the game. Either way, the first playoff of run of our baby birds after the rebuild was extremely emotional for me. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member

Remember all those Finals we won? Oh wait.

Remember all those Finals we went to? Oh wait.

Remember all those Conference Finals we went to? Oh wait.

Remember that ONE Conference Final we went to where we lost in seven? Oh wait.

Remember that ONE Conference Final we went to where we lost in six? Oh wait.

Remember that ONE Conference Final we went to where we lost in five? Oh wait.

Remember that ONE Conference Final we went to where we lost all four games and were swept like a laughing stock joke franchise? Ah, yes, THAT I remember.

Remember all those second round exits? That I remember.

Remember all those first round exits? That I remember.

What exactly am I supposed to be getting misty eyed about over here? Watching a terrible playoff team utterly fail to ever be a serious contender?

2 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Remember all those Finals we won? Oh wait.

Remember all those Finals we went to? Oh wait.

Remember all those Conference Finals we went to? Oh wait.

Remember that ONE Conference Final we went to where we lost in seven? Oh wait.

Remember that ONE Conference Final we went to where we lost in six? Oh wait.

Remember that ONE Conference Final we went to where we lost in five? Oh wait.

Remember that ONE Conference Final we went to where lost all four game and were slept like a laughing stock joke franchise? Ah, yes, THAT I remember.

Remember all those second round exists? That I remember.

Remember all those first round exists? That I remember.

What exactly am I supposed to be getting misty eyed over here about, exactly? Watching a terrible playoff team utterly fail to ever be a serious contender?

Well, you are going to be watching a shitty team for the next 5 years.

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, benhillboy said:

...and the playoff streak is officially done.  After the 60 win season I foolishly thought we were on a Mavericks-style incline to a championship around now.  No Dirk or Dominique walked through the door tho.

A few great moments and memories from the run.  Pero vs West, Joe’s great game 1 versus the Bulls in the second round that had us all gassed, Drew outcoaching Woody and Stan at the same time, forcing Game 7 versus the Celtics, DeMarre carrying us through the Nets, Molly Mike and Shelvin ripping the cords down in Indy.  Let’s reminisce, reflect, lay blame, argue, etc.

Followed by 10 years of not making the playoffs.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Forever grateful .  . . even if you went out like a lil (( bleep ))

Eff Alice Whorefart...

• Like 1