• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I told you so!

KB21

12 minutes ago, JTB said:

I’m on the fence about who we should be drafting now with this bud rumor of him wanting out. I don’t want to believe it but then I just want to also face reality (which I’m really having a tough time doing) and I got to tell yall since I recently moved to Atlanta end of last year, when I talk to people about our hawks I see why they have no motivation for the hawks franchise....we just can’t get shit right and staying in the playoffs was probably the most relevant thing to do to keep the city from completely not caring about this team.

I have no faith in Schlenk without bud...plain and simple! we have a possibility of losing the best thing that’s happened to the hawks organization  since nique ( in my opinion) if we lose bud.

Until this rumor clears up and is proven as untrue and unless we get the number one pick I don’t think the draft is as interesting because we don’t know who the next coach would be or how he’d run the team.

You can’t just go draft a player and not consider the coach’s decision ! The player has to fit whatever scheme the coach is running on both sides of the ball to a certain extent ....you can’t have scouts put in the field that’s been looking at players to fit buds scheme and then  suddenly change the coach which changes the whole basketball scheme for your organization, a month or two before the draft! How insane is that???

Bud and staff has been looking, reviewing, and going over guys that fits his scheme for months and months and likely started this whole process  Schlenks second week as GM.

we are too late into the tank this season to be switching coaches honestly, if bud does want out.....That doesn’t just affect the franchise long term , it hurts us immediately starting with this lottery draft selection.

I hope the Atlanta Hawks organization didn’t get f**ked over by bud and staff BUT it wouldn’t surprise me. 

Welcome to the reality of tanking.  

6 hours ago, KB21 said:

Welcome to the reality of tanking.  

Tanking doesn’t lose coaches and if bud wasn’t on board with the tank plan why didn’t  schlenk trade him to another team.

thats the part that doesn’t make sense to me . Bud went through a whole season of losing when he could have been coaching some where else almost immediately from the time schlenk came on board.

• Like 2

A majority of NBA GMing is drafting, and Schlenk hit a Stanton-esqe homer in his first try with Collins and Dorsey.  I don’t trust these rumors at all, as if Bud tells anyone anything.  All he needs is high-value and high ceiling draft picks to develop to make him content I believe.  

Of course not wishing it on the kid but I wouldn’t be surprised if Giannis’ body started breaking down sooner than later.  There’s something wrong organizationally when you have 4 players ranging from fringe AS to MVP-caliber players and they don’t gel.  I thought they’d take off with Bledsoe yet they took a step back.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

A majority of NBA GMing is drafting, and Schlenk hit a Stanton-esqe homer in his first try with Collins and Dorsey.  I don’t trust these rumors at all, as if Bud tells anyone anything.  All he needs is high-value and high ceiling draft picks to develop to make him content I believe.  

Of course not wishing it on the kid but I wouldn’t be surprised if Giannis’ body started breaking down sooner than later.  There’s something wrong organizationally when you have 4 players ranging from fringe AS to MVP-caliber players and they don’t gel.  I thought they’d take off with Bledsoe yet they took a step back.

So, you think Bud is perfectly content with losing for the next 5 years just so he can develop some players?

Riiiiight. A coach who was born in AZ, went to college in SoCal, was an asssistant in TX for 2 decades (deserts folks, born raised schooled coached in deserts his entire life), and is now head coach for the balmy Capital-of-the-South Hawks, who knew what The Colonel’s plan was coming in and could’ve left, who The Colonel knocked the ball outta the park for on his very first draft with J-Bap and Dorsey, who is about to be gifted a Top 5 pick and 2 other 1st-rounders, is about to bolt for the frozen Great Lakeside small-market basketball haven of Milwaukee to a team barely making the playoffs in the East destined for a 1-st round exit. GTSOH...

• Like 3

Bud don’t say $hit about $hit, ever. This is just some cold, deflated Great Laker’s pipe dream being wished out loud. Ain’t happening.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, hazer said:

Bud don’t say $hit about $hit, ever. This is just some cold, deflated Great Laker’s pipe dream being wished out loud. Ain’t happening.

Yeah.  Bud wants to lose for the next five years and have that as a stain on his record instead of coaching one of the league's great young stars in Giannis.

12 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Yeah.  Bud wants to lose for the next five years and have that as a stain on his record instead of coaching one of the league's great young stars in Giannis.

I think this is just your way of continuing the the tank discussion.  Why are you acting like you are less than 20 and believing everything you read on the internet as facts?  I can rumor my ass sh***s golden bricks, but I'm sure you wouldn't believe that because it does not have anything to do with your agenda. 

Edited by marco102

3 minutes ago, KB21 said:

No. He wants to finish developing Prince, Collins, Dorsey (left out Dennis because hell who knows), get his hands on and mold this Top 5 pick (and 2 other 1st rounders), be at the helm for the turnaround putting another feather in his cap for getting them back in the playoffs in year 3 (‘19-‘20) of the rebuild, then having a team with the wins/rep/flexibility that can trade/acquire the likes of a Grik Frik.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, hazer said:

Riiiiight. A coach who was born in AZ, went to college in SoCal, was an asssistant in TX for 2 decades (deserts folks, born raised schooled coached in deserts his entire life), and is now head coach for the balmy Capital-of-the-South Hawks, who knew what The Colonel’s plan was coming in and could’ve left, who The Colonel knocked the ball outta the park for on his very first draft with J-Bap and Dorsey, who is about to be gifted a Top 5 pick and 2 other 1st-rounders, is about to bolt for the frozen Great Lakeside small-market basketball haven of Milwaukee to a team barely making the playoffs in the East destined for a 1-st round exit. GTSOH...

How do you know Bud cares about weather? How do you know Bud wants to be part of a long rebuild? I think the chance to coach Giannis A. would be very exciting for Bud and I think he would jump at that opportunity. I highly doubt he leaked anything to the media, but his agent may have let the Bucks know he was interested in the job. 

Just now, bleachkit said:

How do you know Bud cares about weather? How do you know Bud wants to be part of a long rebuild? I think the chance to coach Giannis A. would be very exciting for Bud and I think he would jump at that opportunity. I highly doubt he leaked anything to the media, but his agent may have let the Bucks know he was interested in the job. 

How do you know he doesn’t? How do you know Milwaukee would be exciting for him? How do you know he’d jump at that opportunity? You don’t.

2 minutes ago, hazer said:

How do you know he doesn’t? How do you know Milwaukee would be exciting for him? How do you know he’d jump at that opportunity? You don’t.

The Greek Freak> weather and draft picks. That's all I'm saying. Coaches like Bud live to coach great players. Giannis is possibly a generational talent.

40 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I think this is just your way of continuing the the tank discussion.  Why are you acting like you are less than 20 and believing everything you read on the internet as facts?  I can rumor my ass sh***s golden bricks, but I'm sure you wouldn't believe that because it does not have anything to do with your agenda. 

Does it make you mad that everything I have said about this strategy has been true?

1 minute ago, KB21 said:

Does it make you mad that everything I have said about this strategy has been true?

Not at all.  It's easy to repeat the same thing literally 5,000 times and think you're right.  Everyone here has pointed out that you can't predict the future.  

Does it make you mad that I'm 100% right that you can't predict the future?

• Like 3

@KB21 first said that Schlenk would get rid of bud and that’s what he was rolling with ....he never once indicated that bud would leave after this season but this new rumor has given his belief some legs to walk.

the reason I never worried about bud departing is because I thought this whole time he was under contract and I knew schlenk knew how value bud is and he knows if he was an available coach on the market he’d be a hot commodity. 

I don’t disagree that bud has interest in the bucks job but if I knew his contract status it’d only worry me if he was in his last year with the hawks but unfortunately no one knows buds contract as it was not made publicly therefore 2 things I see happening....

1) if bud contract is up then we just lost a great and top head coach likely so I’m just going to prepare myself 

2) buds contract doesn’t end anytime soon and he won’t see as many attractive jobs when his contract is up therefore he’ll stay in Atlanta....regardless of anything I know schlenk wouldn’t get rid of bud unless his deal was up and he’s trying to get something back for buds departure.

Point is ...until we know the status of Buds current contract you can’t truly put a GOOD prediction on what’s going to happen with him. I hope someone can find buds contract, then we can have a real discussion on what may actually happen.

1 hour ago, KB21 said:

So, you think Bud is perfectly content with losing for the next 5 years just so he can develop some players?

We are 3 years MAX with our current roster. Stop the foolishness.

• Like 2

Dennis in his prime, good 3 and D wing with Baze, Taurean continuing to develop into a plus-starter, sub-All Star wing, John Collins looks like he could very likely develop into a 17-10 sub-All Star big. Granted we do need depth, but with that core I think we could win 42+ games in one of the next 3 seasons.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, EazyRoc said:

Dennis in his prime, good 3 and D wing with Baze, Taurean continuing to develop into a plus-starter, sub-All Star wing, John Collins looks like he could very likely develop into a 17-10 sub-All Star big. Granted we do need depth, but with that core I think we could win 42+ games in one of the next 3 seasons.

Let me remind you how this process will go:

● Team takes a player in the lottery.

● As economic research indicates, high draft picks tend to get more minutes than their productivity justifies. In addition, rookies tend to be below-average NBA players.

● Giving extended minutes to a below-average player makes it likely a team will end up back in the lottery.

● With the return-trip lottery pick, the team selects another player who, as a rookie, gets more minutes than his below-average production would indicate.

● Giving that player more minutes increases the odds the team will once again be back in the lottery.

● Back to Step 1.

1 hour ago, KB21 said:

Let me remind you how this process will go:

That only applies to teams starting from scratch. We could draft Ayton and without adding anyone else have a playoff-level starting 5 in two years. Easily.

• Like 1