• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Tank Thread

Diesel

15 minutes ago, AHF said:

Philly really ought to want to win this game.  Getting matched up against the Celtics or the 7th seed in the second round is a LOT more attractive than getting Toronto.

It's not Philly, it's Simmons that's the problem.

3 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

You think the hawks are that good that they can beat Philly because they are missing Simmons?

Prince is that good while on this streak. The Hawks aren't. 

At the Redick is their most important player and Fultz has been a net positive so we will see.

Edited by NBASupes

• Moderators
24 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

You think the hawks are that good that they can beat Philly because they are missing Simmons?

I think the worry is more about Philly missing both Embiid and Simmons.  That is like the Bulls missing Jordan and Pippen (not comparing the players just their importance relative to the rest of the roster).  They may still be able to win games but they aren't close to as good of a team and the margin for error is much smaller.

Time for Bud to earn that paycheck.  Last game of the season so don't worry about fines, etc.  Just lose baby.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CBAreject said:

If you want to see a pro tank job, just look at what the Mavs trotted out tonight.  They realized tonight's game was too important to win and they started a D-league squad against the worst team in the NBA to make their best effort to lose.  

Even then Suns matched them with scrubs 

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, AHF said:

Unlike us, they did what was needed to guarantee a top 4 pick and max their shot at 1-3.

That Guy who shall remain nameless tried to win this game to calling 2 time out in the last 2 minutes and instructing the players to foul.  I wonder who didn't get the memo??

10 hours ago, AHF said:

Unlike us, they did what was needed to guarantee a top 4 pick and max their shot at 1-3.

Yeah.  Eight years in the lottery and counting.  When will all these lottery picks turn into wins for the Suns?  Based on where they will pick this year, they will be in the lottery for at least another 3 years.

• Moderators
43 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Yeah.  Eight years in the lottery and counting.  When will all these lottery picks turn into wins for the Suns?  Based on where they will pick this year, they will be in the lottery for at least another 3 years.

Definitely won't turn for  them while they keep whiffing on their picks.  Bear in mind you are grading them on a curve, though.  For the 2014 playoffs, they would have been the 3rd seed in the East but barely missed the playoffs entirely in the West.  Hawks made the playoffs with 38 wins that year while Phoenix missed with 48 wins.

4 minutes ago, AHF said:

Definitely won't turn for  them while they keep whiffing on their picks.  Bear in mind you are grading them on a curve, though.  For the 2014 playoffs, they would have been the 3rd seed in the East but barely missed the playoffs entirely in the West.  Hawks made the playoffs with 38 wins that year while Phoenix missed with 48 wins.

Realize that they keep whiffing because they keep picking in an area of the draft where the rawest prospects are drafted.  They keep drafting based on potential rather than production.

When the Warriors built their team, they very clearly drafted production over potential, IMO.  Now, you can probably say it was due to their position in the draft that they did not have any one and done guys to select, but the least experienced player the Warriors drafted during their 5 year run in the lottery prior to building this team was Harrison Barnes, who was a sophomore.  

I actually think the Suns can turn things around sooner than later.

Amongst the worst teams, they’re the only squad that has a semblance of a young core with upside. They’re set at the 2 and 3 and have a really good 6 man canidate in Warren. This draft lines up perfectly with their needs( C, PF, and PG) and they have the draft pick currency to address them. Not saying they’re making the playoffs next season but the cupboard isn’t as bare as it is with some of these other teams picking high. 

10 minutes ago, Guard said:

I actually think the Suns can turn things around sooner than later.

Amongst the worst teams, they’re the only squad that has a semblance of a young core with upside. They’re set at the 2 and 3 and have a really good 6 man canidate in Warren. This draft lines up perfectly with their needs( C, PF, and PG) and they have the draft pick currency to address them. Not saying they’re making the playoffs next season but the cupboard isn’t as bare as it is with some of these other teams picking high. 

They don't have a single player in that young core that is efficient at scoring the basketball.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Realize that they keep whiffing because they keep picking in an area of the draft where the rawest prospects are drafted.  They keep drafting based on potential rather than production.

When the Warriors built their team, they very clearly drafted production over potential, IMO.  Now, you can probably say it was due to their position in the draft that they did not have any one and done guys to select, but the least experienced player the Warriors drafted during their 5 year run in the lottery prior to building this team was Harrison Barnes, who was a sophomore.  

This is why Schlenk is getting a good grade from me this far. John Collins was one of the most productive players in college. This is why I think we will be ok. I don’t think Schlenk is swinging for the fences when he drafts. He’s just going to keep adding the best, most productive prospects available and not getting hung up on potential.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, EazyRoc said:

This is why Schlenk is getting a good grade from me this far. John Collins was one of the most productive players in college. This is why I think we will be ok. I don’t think Schlenk is swinging for the fences when he drafts. He’s just going to keep adding the best, most productive prospects available and not getting hung up on potential.

Kinda rules out JJJ!  LOL!

• Like 1