• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Is there precedence of a coach returning after this much chatter and interviewing for another position?

HawkItus

18 minutes ago, LucastheThird said:

It would have to be this or another lottery team GIVING us their top pick. Bud is a top 5 coach in the league, not top 5 available, but top 5 period. Bud is a coach that makes players better, look at his track record of players before and after being coached by him, almost all players looked better being coached by him and look worse when they left.

Bud punkass is the reason we dont have the top odds with the worst roster. Bud needs to be penalized for it if he leaves. That's our top pick

• Premium Member

Does it boggle anyone else's mind that we've lost the best GM we ever had in Ferry and now our best coach in Bud? And HOW exactly we are losing them? This only happens to Atlanta teams. To go from a 60 win team to where we are now is just cruel even for the sports gods that seem to do nothing but torment Atlanta sports fans.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Does it boggle anyone else's mind that we've lost the best GM we ever had in Ferry and now our best coach in Bud? And HOW exactly we are losing them? This only happens to Atlanta teams.

All is forgiven with the 16th pick!

35 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Does it boggle anyone else's mind that we've lost the best GM we ever had in Ferry and now our best coach in Bud? And HOW exactly we are losing them? This only happens to Atlanta teams. To go from a 60 win team to where we are now is just cruel even for the sports gods that seem to do nothing but torment Atlanta sports fans.

Crazy right! Pisses me off when I think about it .

• Like 2

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, JTB said:

Not even close 

A top five coach like Bud is worth more than a mid teens first rounder unless that pick turns out to be another Greek Freak. I agree with you there. Sadly that might be what we are getting for Bud. I absolutely don't see Bud coming back.

• Like 2

• Moderators
35 minutes ago, Sothron said:

A top five coach like Bud is worth more than a mid teens first rounder unless that pick turns out to be another Greek Freak. I agree with you there. Sadly that might be what we are getting for Bud. I absolutely don't see Bud coming back.

If Bud was happy with us and we were happy with him, we wouldn't trade him at all.  If we trade him, it will be because things are falling apart which is why nobody gets true "value" for their coach.

Bud withdraws from Suns coaching search. Will Spurs job be available soon? That’s the one that’ll lure him away.

22 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Bud punkass is the reason we dont have the top odds with the worst roster. Bud needs to be penalized for it if he leaves. That's our top pick

Penalized for winning.  How pathetic.  I hope that Bud can get away from this crappy ownership/management and find a place that will value winning.

16 minutes ago, Watchman said:

Penalized for winning.  How pathetic.  I hope that Bud can get away from this crappy ownership/management and find a place that will value winning.

Bud is the reason we are without 2 1st round picks. Losing All-Stars Horford and Millsap for absolutely nothing was detrimental for this team. Bud is an awful GM. Love him as a coach though.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, GameTime said:

Bud is the reason we are without 2 1st round picks. Losing All-Stars Horford and Millsap for absolutely nothing was detrimental for this team. Bud is an awful GM. Love him as a coach though.

It has been confirmed that bud wanted to sign horford but was forced to sign Howard cause Schlenk wanted Howard here for marketing reasons.

2nd Bud was not GM when Millsap walked last off season, Schlenk was.

3rd I think we have it wrong about Bud the GM being horrible....from the sounds of it Bud was never really in control! We didn’t have that much cap to play with so once Bud was forced to sign Howard it was a done deal....(now we can blame the Bazemore contract on bud the gm but honestly that’s the only one of his doing based on his decision)

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, JTB said:

It has been confirmed that bud wanted to sign horford but was forced to sign Howard cause Schlenk wanted Howard here for marketing reasons.

This is so funny!!  Someone please tell me how Schlenk influenced the Hawks to sign Howard while working in Golden state?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

This is so funny!!  Someone please tell me how Schlenk influenced the Hawks to sign Howard while working in Golden state?

I meant Ressler...honest typo

i put Schlenk but clearly meant the owner.

Edited by JTB

2 hours ago, JTB said:

2nd Bud was not GM when Millsap walked last off season, Schlenk was.

3rd I think we have it wrong about Bud the GM being horrible....from the sounds of it Bud was never really in control! We didn’t have that much cap to play with so once Bud was forced to sign Howard it was a done deal....(now we can blame the Bazemore contract on bud the gm but honestly that’s the only one of his doing based on his decision)

Think the point he’s shooting for is when the hawks seemed to be going the nuclear route ie trading korver. Only to suddenly halt and say we are going to make a run at it. From there horford bolted because the hawks wouldn’t give him the max or either it was the lack of support or acquiring Dwight.  Then signing bazemore to a deal that is  extremely team unfriendly because while he made strides this year he will never truly earn that contract. Then turn around and don’t trade milsap when logic says you should because that contract will likely hamper you and barely making the playoffs and got swept. Supposedly Wes wanted to rebuild bud wanted to stay competitive.  Bud the gym was horrible just like Stan the gym in Detroit. His only saving grace is he didn’t deplete draft capital like Stan.

2 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

People have there minds made up about this but the hawks had been chasing Dwight long before Schlenk came into the picture. Hell ressler too.

• Like 1

Believe it or not, it wouldn’t be unprecedented if Budenholzer stays with the Hawks after seeking other jobs. The Grizzlies gave Dave Joerger permission to speak to the Timberwolves in May 2014. Joerger eventually agreed to a contract extension in Memphis after a talk with team owner Robert Pera. (Two years later the Grizzlies again granted Joeger permission to seek other jobs and he ended up in Sacramento.) 

In Joerger’s case he was unhappy with his contract, both in terms of pay and security. Budenholzer has different motivations for wanting to move on from the Hawks, and his concerns can’t be placated under the circumstances.