• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Is there precedence of a coach returning after this much chatter and interviewing for another position?

HawkItus

• Premium Member

In my head he's already gone. If he was going to stay after this much media attention he would have said something. You don't spend two days in interviews with Phx owner and GM to just go back to your current job.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sothron said:

In my head he's already gone. If he was going to stay after this much media attention he would have said something. You don't spend two days in interviews with Phx owner and GM to just go back to your current job.

Just don’t let him leave for nothing is all I say. He’s good as gone but we can’t be stupid in the situation either.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JTB said:

Just don’t let him leave for nothing is all I say. He’s good as gone but we can’t be stupid in the situation either.

I think the best you can hope for in a deal is that Phoenix agrees to swap 16 for 19 and gives their first 2nd round pick.

27 minutes ago, JTB said:

Then I wouldn’t do it. Let Bud suffer in Atlanta and leave when his contract ends.

so sick of Atlanta franchise getting screwed in every tight situation they get in. I like bud but for once I hope we have a franchise that has some damn balls

if bud doesn’t try his last two seasons then it’d be on his reputation as well. Right now he’s still known as a good coach...if he shows no coaching effort over two years it will hurt his good reputation that he currently has.

to me Atlanta controls the situation...now how are you going to go about it is the question 

This would be par for the course for Atlanta if we let him walk for nothing. We HAVE TO get something back for him or else it's clear to me we have no hope for the future with the current leadership. Smooooove, Horford, Millsap all could have been traded for some assets but instead we let them walk away for ZERO. 

1 hour ago, GameTime said:

If we do "hold him hostage" what is he gonna threaten us with if we do? Tanking? Actually winning games?

Exactly what is he gon do? That’s the problem with Atlanta right there “we just can’t hold him hostage “

Shiiiittttt....yes the hell we can. It’s about the hawks not bud.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, JTB said:

Exactly what is he gon do? That’s the problem with Atlanta right there “we just can’t hold him hostage “

Shiiiittttt....yes the hell we can. It’s about the hawks not bud.

You gain nothing by holding him.  Because after two years of him being here, you still have nothing, and you have to start completely from scratch with a new coach.'

If you can cut a deal by getting some type of compensation for him, that's good.  But holding him out of spite?  Nah.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

You gain nothing by holding him.  Because after two years of him being here, you still have nothing, and you have to start completely from scratch with a new coach.'

If you can cut a deal by getting some type of compensation for him, that's good.  But holding him out of spite?  Nah.

Buds isn’t going to just let his reputation as a coach die over two years. He’s going to try to win so yeah I say keep him here and let him develop those young players along the way  and when he walks the next guy coming in may get a young decent team that’s been developed properly 

43 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

All depends on what we can get for him. Bud for 2 years is definitely worth some 2nd round picks.

• Moderators

If things have soured between Bud and ownership/Schlenk, you shop him around to the other teams looking for coaches, hope to get a bidding war, and some compensation but you can't bring him back given he will cost you $14M the next two years.  If things have soured and you don't have an interest in fixing that, then that sucks because I like Bud but you need to move forward.

31 minutes ago, AHF said:

If things have soured between Bud and ownership/Schlenk, you shop him around to the other teams looking for coaches, hope to get a bidding war, and some compensation but you can't bring him back given he will cost you $14M the next two years.  If things have soured and you don't have an interest in fixing that, then that sucks because I like Bud but you need to move forward.

A coaches contract don’t count against the players cap does it?

21 hours ago, JTB said:

Then I wouldn’t do it. Let Bud suffer in Atlanta and leave when his contract ends.

so sick of Atlanta franchise getting screwed in every tight situation they get in. I like bud but for once I hope we have a franchise that has some damn balls

if bud doesn’t try his last two seasons then it’d be on his reputation as well. Right now he’s still known as a good coach...if he shows no coaching effort over two years it will hurt his good reputation that he currently has.

to me Atlanta controls the situation...now how are you going to go about it is the question 

I wouldn't touch anything less than a pick swap for 1 and 4 and the 16th pick. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I wouldn't touch anything less than a pick swap for 1 and 4 and the 16th pick. 

It would have to be this or another lottery team GIVING us their top pick. Bud is a top 5 coach in the league, not top 5 available, but top 5 period. Bud is a coach that makes players better, look at his track record of players before and after being coached by him, almost all players looked better being coached by him and look worse when they left.

• Like 2