• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

It’s official Bud is gone ....but for nothing in return

JTB

55 minutes ago, KB21 said:

He went and interviewed with teams who aren't going to just sit back and try to lose games going forward, unless you really think Phoenix is going to continue trying to lose games and not spend any of their free agent money on veterans that can help them win now.

In Atlanta, he has a reactionary owner who has a low basketball IQ.  He has a lying piece of trash GM calling the shots.  Why wouldn't he leave?

And your thoughts on the Knicks? Bud's top choice according to all media outlets. They have not made the playoffs in five seasons and without Porzingis will miss them again next season. Owner is already getting the New York media ready for tank mode by talking about not having the unicorn for the whole season.

You and Bud only enjoy the tank and lose if it under your perceived conditions. Phoenix and New York is ok but Atlanta is not. If you think Bud drank a lot in Atlanta, he will need a Alcohol IV if he has to deal with the New York media mob.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Watchman said:

Talk about terrible analogies.  Sheesh.  You need to add to your analogy that you already had 6 suits that fit and looked fine, but you just had to have the newest style, so no food for the wife and kids today.

Oh really?  No, you need to complete your own analogy.  The only thing that your family considers "food" is McDonalds (making the playoffs), plenty of calories in the interim (wins) but little nutritional value (contending) with tons of future negative affects (decreasing health/wins but ballooning waistline/payroll). 

So you dangle a salad in front of their faces while you go search for a job with a health plan that will cover insulin for the wife and afford fat camp for the kids.  But really, your hope is they don't force themselves to "starve" and just start eating the salad.  I added annotations so hope that didn't go over your head.

• Like 4

20 piece nugget please. BBQ and sweet/sour sauces. Unless y’all still got dat sweet/spicy chili ;)

Edited by hazer

• Premium Member

When you go to other teams boards or realgm general board you will see how many fans are shocked the Hawks just let him go for nothing. I still can't believe they not only let him go for nothing but let him keep all the money.  Bud literally quit like a punk bitch and got rewarded for it. I still can't believe they did that.

If you can't get compensation you at least make him give up his contract.

• Like 4

• Moderators
23 minutes ago, KB21 said:

When the coach can go to the league and tell them about how his front office had players fake injuries in an attempt to lose, I imagine it is in the team's best interest to just let him walk away with his money.

You imagine a coach selling out the owner paying him 14M and what was said in confidence and then not getting blackballed in an industry where every team has secrets and no team hasn't been through a season where they tried to inflate their losses?

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, AHF said:

You imagine a coach selling out the owner paying him 14M and what was said in confidence and then not getting blackballed in an industry where every team has secrets and no team hasn't been through a season where they tried to inflate their losses?

I imagine Bud has the same feelings towards tanking that I do.

24 minutes ago, KB21 said:

I imagine Bud has the same feelings towards tanking that I do.

No doubt.  No HC in their right mind would see their W/L's utterly skewed due to purposely sandbagging.  That said, what are the franchises not in LA or New York to do?  While I have always been surprised that the ATL has not appealed to more professional athletes aside from living here in the offseason, I suppose it is what it is.

10 minutes ago, Jungle Jack said:

No doubt.  No HC in their right mind would see their W/L's utterly skewed due to purposely sandbagging.  That said, what are the franchises not in LA or New York to do?  While I have always been surprised that the ATL has not appealed to more professional athletes aside from living here in the offseason, I suppose it is what it is.

No one is ever going to get me to buy into the idea that because we aren't a LA or NY sized media market that we have no choice but to intentionally lose.  SA is a smaller market than Atlanta, and they don't tank.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KB21 said:

No one is ever going to get me to buy into the idea that because we aren't a LA or NY sized media market that we have no choice but to intentionally lose.  SA is a smaller market than Atlanta, and they don't tank.

I actually agree with you on the whole.  San Antonio is utterly the model which for a time we ascribed to and it is difficult to see the direction we are going to take from here.  That said, the Spurs built much of their dynasty on getting Duncan after Robinson going down. 

We seem to be currently walking down a perilous road... 

What we end up doing with the three 1sts and top of the 2nd round picks is utterly paramount.  Thankfully, given the number of picks and no doubt our 2019 1st rounder being worth a bloody fortune to all, it would seem we can have our choice of any of this years crop in the draft.  Problem is seemingly an argument can be made for several being the 1st overall with none being far and away the best.  I would hope we might trade one of this year's 1st rounders as having three or four rookies seems doomed to fail considering Prince and Collins are keepers.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, KB21 said:

When the coach can go to the league and tell them about how his front office had players fake injuries in an attempt to lose, I imagine it is in the team's best interest to just let him walk away with his money.

Ah, more fact-based accusations. That is some high level investigative journalism.

I smell a Pee-Ew-litzer! :fart:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, parfait said:

Ah, more fact-based accusations. That is some high level investigative journalism.

I smell a Pee-Ew-litzer! :fart:

Why would anybody be surprised at this stupidity? Yet, the pro-Hawk people who think the hawk's needed a new vision are supposed to be quiet and leave the negative posters alone.  Yeah...nope.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, deester11 said:

Why would anybody be surprised at this stupidity? Yet, the pro-Hawk people who think the hawk's needed a new vision are supposed to be quiet and leave the negative posters alone.  Yeah...nope.

Correction.  You pro tankers are not Pro-Hawks.  You are decidedly anti-Hawks.  So, I will call you pro-want to lose.

9 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Correction.  You pro tankers are not Pro-Hawks.  You are decidedly anti-Hawks.  So, I will call you pro-want to lose.

First of all don't lump me in any category when you don't know me.  Secondly I want the hawk's to desperately win, but I'm not crying and bitching about people who want better players and are not satisfied just appearing in the playoffs.  If that's you, pat your smug azz on the back for 10 years of no expectations to be nothing more than running jokes of one and done.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, deester11 said:

First of all don't lump me in any category when you don't know me.  Secondly I want the hawk's to desperately win, but I'm not crying and bitching about people who want better players and are not satisfied just appearing in the playoffs.  If that's you, pat your smug azz on the back for 10 years of no expectations to be nothing more than running jokes of one and done.

If you are not happy with being in the playoffs, then you want to lose.  It's the only other option.

By the way, just to show where the Hawks Head Coaching job ranks amongst the current available openings:

David Fizdale just interviewed with the Hawks today. He didn't even sniff around the Orlando or Charlotte openings. Heck, he took away from Saturday family time to meet with us.

Certainly the Milwaukee job is better (at the current time), and I still think that Portland may open up, which would be a plum job. And it's always good to interview in New York for monetary and exposure purposes.

But the best candidate out there not named Mike Budenholzer just spent the day in the ATL. And if Bud indeed gets the Milwaukee gig, then I wouldn't be surprised if the consolation prize for Fizdale is the Hawks roost.

• Like 2