• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

It’s official Bud is gone ....but for nothing in return

JTB

1 minute ago, mrhonline said:

It would be a huge mistake to do anything else.

The real error was not moving on from Bud last year, a delay I suspect had more to do with saving money than anything else. At least now the Hawks have a clear plan.

Fans who don’t want to endure an extended tank should check out for a few years. What’s done is done.

Please check out! This may not be pretty but to sit here and cry about it is not going to bring Bud back.  I'm ready for whatever the new coach will/won't do.  Draft time!

• Like 4

1 minute ago, KB21 said:

Oh no!  It's not going to be an extended tank.  The Hawks will be back in the playoffs within 2 years, or so I'm told on here.

Liar. Most people have told you 3. Don’t twist...

9 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Oh no!  It's not going to be an extended tank.  The Hawks will be back in the playoffs within 2 years, or so I'm told on here.

I said year 3 if we kept Bud. Year 4 if not.. And I stand by it. Just sayin..

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, KB21 said:

LOL!  I can't help but laugh at those who think this will be a short rebuild.  It's so damn funny.

Holla at me in 4 yrs. lol. Btw, you act like you want the hawks to fail??You always jump right in when something fits your narrative. lol. All good tho......Btw, the Hawks arent that far off from a team like Miami, who you thought would sweep the Sixers out of the playoffs. smh

Edited by terrell
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, terrell said:

Holla at me in 4 yrs. lol. Btw, you act like you want the hawks to fail??You always jump right in when something fits your narrative. lol. All good tho......Btw, the Hawks arent that far off from a team like Miami, who you thought would sweep the Sixers out of the playoffs. smh

The Hawks are years away from competing.  This team doesn't have good players on it thanks to this dipshit GM they have hired.  There may be two players on this team that will actually be a part of this team when it is good again, and it wouldn't surprise me if none of the players on this team actually see a second contract with the team.  They are no where near being Miami, and after the free agency season this offseason, there will be no question which team has the worst roster in basketball.  It will be the Hawks, because they aren't going to sign anyone significant that can help them win.  There will be no Derrick Favors signing.  There will be no Marcus Smart signing.  They will not hire a legitimate head coach.  This team will not even reach 20 wins in the 2018-2019 season.  

13 minutes ago, KB21 said:

LOL!  I can't help but laugh at those who think this will be a short rebuild.  It's so damn funny.

This will be a 12 year rebuild if we draft JJJ. If we draft Bamba, Doncic, Bagley, Porter Jr, or Ayton, this will be a 3 year rebuild 

Just now, NBASupes said:

This will be a 12 year rebuild if we draft JJJ. If we draft Bamba, Doncic, Bagley, Porter Jr, or Ayton, this will be a 3 year rebuild 

LOL!  Of those players, only Doncic and JJJ will actually be good by their third season in the league.

Dennis=Dragic

Baze> = Josh Richardson

Prince> = James Johnson

Collins = Kelly Olynyk

Bamba/Ayton/JJJ = Whiteside(hypothetical)lol

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KB21 said:

LOL!  Of those players, only Doncic and JJJ will actually be good by their third season in the league.

I thought that about my boy jaylen brown tbh. Boy was I wrong..

1 hour ago, RedDawg#8 said:

For the record, this team wasn’t the same after Ferry was ousted. Also, losing Quinn Synder really exposed Buds ability to develop guys.  

Buds coaching prowess was limited to Kyle Korver making his shots. If that wasn’t happening, this team was mediocre on offense.

Again, nobody likes to talk about that when it comes to Bud. His teams couldn’t score  unless the 3ball was falling.

All of this was true BEFORE we went in to tank mode.

Bud wasn’t as good as the hype, and was very average after the 60 win season.

Kent Bazemore was the worst thing that could have happened to Bud

THANK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Bud is overrated as f*ck and people on this board wanna ignore it and pretend he's a Basketball Savant or some bullsh*t like that

6 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Only in the mind of a fool.

:angry2:Andrew Wiggins failed, so every top pick will fail. The better players are found at the end of the lottery or in the 2nd rd. Just look at Kawhi and Draymond...............:angry2:

Edited by terrell

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

You quoted a post about JJJ and Doncic. If that's how you feel about them two, maybe you could have sense.

Oh, I know those two are going to be good because they have the BBIQ and Feel that all the guys you like do not have.  They also have elite skill levels, which is another aspect that guys you like do not have.  That's why Doncic and JJJ are the top two prospects in this draft.

• Admin

I wish him luck ... probably the best coach the franchise has ever had 

the situation was right for his kind of coach ... he should go to the Bucks and turn them into a monster ... the missing ingredient there is coaching and a rebounder

44 minutes ago, terrell said:

I said year 3 if we kept Bud. Year 4 if not.. And I stand by it. Just sayin..

Losing Bud does make the 3-year timeframe more challenging, but I’m standing by that. With this latest development, 4 years wouldn’t be out of the realm of possibility. Still sticking with 3rd year back to 8th seed though.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KB21 said:

Yep.  Predictable.  Bud's leaving, so lets come up with some bullshit criticism of him to make him appear like he wasn't really that good.  People are fooling themselves if they truly think Snyder was behind the player development.  Snyder wasn't even on the 60 win team staff.  Ben Sullivan has had much more to do with development, particularly shooting development, than Snyder had.

No, the same off season Bud sign here, we also got Quinn. The same offseason. And people wanted Quinn for the head coaching job that we inevitably gave Bud. Ferry recruited Bud, that’s a fact. Ferry built a team around Bud when we were supposed to be rebuilding. Ferry saw how weak we were on the wings and defensively after our first year and signed long athletic defensive wings that offseason. All this before his ouster. Bud coached those players to a 60 win defensive juggernaut....that all of a sudden got swept by Cle because they lock up Korver.

Thats all they did. And the great Bud had no answer. Even the next year they swept us again. 

Bud took us further than previous coaches. But damnit the outcomes were the exact same. All hype but still getting swept out the playoffs like we were playing Orlando Dwight. 

I’m sorry, he taught us how to pass the ball, yayyy. What did that result in? A bunch of mediocre players being overpaid because they could pass it to each other.

Bud screwed this team up with his moves before Schlenk got here.

People act like making the playoffs and losing in the 1st round or being swept out the 2nd round is such an awesome resume. C’mon man. 

• Like 1