• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Search is over; Pierce is the man!

Buzzard

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I am with you on the pay part. 18 or more million a year should be for someone who can put up more than 13 points per game. 12.9ppg, 3.8rpg, and 3.5apg is just stupid for that much money. Kyle Korver was doing that for I think 8 million a year lmao.

What are Sap's numbers?

6 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Why are y'all so convinced that Baze can't get better?  Didn't Sap get better later?  What about Horford? Korver? Why do you guys hate this guy so much?

SAP had some great seasons in Utah once he became a starter and then he was rotated to the bench again. Horford put up 14 and 9.9 and 15 and 9.3 in just his 3rd and 4th years. Korver has his best season in his 4th year as a starter putting up 14.4 and shooting .440 from the 3pt line.

If we were paying Baze what we paid Korver, I would be good with that; and think that is a adequate comparison value wise. But Horford and SAP showed very early on, they could be exceptional if given the minutes. That is why they got paid through out their careers.

11 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

What are Sap's numbers?

The two years he got to start in Utah he put up 17.3 and 7.6 and 16.6 and 8.8. That is the 10/11 and 11/12 seasons when he also got the most minutes a game while he was in Utah.

Edited by Buzzard

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Buzzard said:

SAP had some great seasons in Utah once he became a starter and then he was rotated to the bench again. Horford put up 14 and 9.9 and 15 and 9.3 in just his 3rd and 4th years. Korver has his best season in his 4th year as a starter putting up 14.4 and shooting .440 from the 3pt line.

If we were paying Baze what we paid Korver, I would be good with that; and think that is a adequate comparison value wise. But Horford and SAP showed very early on, they could be exceptional if given the minutes. That is why they got paid through out their careers.

Do you really think that Korver's best year was his 4th season and not 3 years ago when his Shot 50/49/90. Sap didn't become an all star until his 9th year in the league.  Horford is playing better than ever in Boston.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Buzzard said:

The two years he got to start in Utah he put up 17.3 and 7.6 and 16.6 and 8.8. That is the 10/11 and 11/12 seasons when he also got the most minutes a game while he was in Utah.

The question was for the poster hating on Bazes current numbers compared to his salary...So I asked him what are Sap's current numbers vs his Salary

Just now, Peoriabird said:

Do you really think that Korver's best year was his 4th season and not 3 years ago when his Shot 50/49/90. Sap didn't become an all star until his 9th year in the league.  Horford is playing better than ever in Boston.

It is not really the point. The point is I will take your comparison to Korver so lets pay him like that. But they all showed the promise early. Baze has been in the league 8 seasons, what promise he has, he has already shown. Same for Korver, SAP, and Horford.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

It is not really the point. The point is I will take your comparison to Korver so lets pay him like that. But they all showed the promise early. Baze has been in the league 8 seasons, what promise he has, he has already shown. Same for Korver, SAP, and Horford.

Korver is 37...Baze is 28

3 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

The question was for the poster hating on Bazes current numbers compared to his salary...So I asked him what are Sap's current numbers vs his Salary

I don't care what other teams pay. I care about what we paid SAP, Horford, Korver, and Bazemore. We let SAP walk over that 30 million a year. Or did you forget that well known fact?

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Just a reminder for why this guy is getting the job:

The key phrase there is LONG TERM, as that is what this so called rebuild is going to be.  It's going to be years before this team competes for anything other than ping pong balls.

Well, you have a choice of teams to choose from.  This is already the process and I'll support the course and coach. I've heard positives only and if we can say that after a few years, ok.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, deester11 said:

Well, you have a choice of teams to choose from.  This is already the process and I'll support the course and coach. I've heard positives only and if we can say that after a few years, ok.

I will not support a process that I do not believe in, and I believe nothing good comes from intentionally losing.  However, I'm curious to see your reaction when the 24 wins from 2017-18 becomes the 15-18 they will get in 2018-19?  Because this team is going to be historically bad in 2018-19.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Korver is 37...Baze is 28

And your point is because he is younger and not necessarily better than Korver was when we had him, Baze should make over twice as much. I will take that as your stance and move on.

Just now, Vol4ever said:

Yawn..................

You must have been working for days to come up with that post on our coaching hire. Great job! Lottery balls next Tuesday. It is time we had some lottery magic happen. Go Hawks!!!

2 hours ago, High5 said:

I have no idea how well he will do here so I'll be optimistic until he gives me a reason not to. 

Same...won’t knock anything until I see the product on the court 

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I'm ok on the player development side but what will be his Xs and Os strategy? It's a wait and see approach.

Hmmmmm.

Doesn't that question only have relevance if you're actually trying to win games?

This has the marks of a tweener hire, imo.

I would have liked to have thought that Schlenk had a guy that was really "his guy," not unlike our last coaching hire was the GM's guy. This feels more like this is his guy until he isn't his guy... just the winner of the interview contest... not someone coming in who Schlenk considers to be the cornerstone of his legacy of his Hawks tenure.

Who knows, maybe though we catch lightning in a bottle. I sure wasn't one who thought that Popovich guy was going to amount to anything. But patting myself on the back just a little, I don't think I've been wrong about NBA coaching hires very often. But maybe it can be said on my tombstone that when I was wrong, I was Popovich-like wrong. Maybe.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, High5 said:

If nothing else your significant other may suddenly become more interested in the Hawks...

EZhDbJH.jpg

Damn :hyper:...the hubby might prohibit me from going to Hawks game.

• Like 3