• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Would you rather?

Spud2nique

I thought we might play a game we all might have played at some point in our lives. (Usually regarding whether making a connection with a certain female(or male)was a possibility for you)..although that’s a simple would you, yes or no, whereas this would be played with possible future targets that we might want to add in building this new Hawks team. 

First off, we don’t know our identity moving forward. Will we be a team that enforces defense or are we going to be an all out run n gun type of a team? Having Lloyd on board, it would seem as though it would be the latter of the two. However because we all had the certain “Bud” type of Swiss Army knife of a player to now an unknown, Lloyd Pierce type of player.

This activity could be difficult but I thought it might be fun to see which posters out there think alike and which completely opposite. Might make for some fun debate.

Again, it can be any player that is a possibility for us, via trade or as a free agent. If you want you can even throw in 2018 draft guys to choose between. 

Ill kick it it off with a couple of guys in the in the league currently to a couple of guys coming out in the draft. I haven’t really thought about these myself they just popped into my head.

Would you rather:

Andrew Wiggins or Jabari Parker

Would you rather:

Marvin Bagley jr. or Jaren Jackson jr.

• Like 2

Wiggins and Bagley. That would be weak defensively but points would not be hard to come by. Points are my biggest worry on our current team.

Are we ever going to have a top 10 go to scorer again? I am not sure I see one in this draft.

• Like 1

Weird feeling one of these four players might be on the Hawks radar sometime, just speculation and cap $ makes me think this...

Julius Randle or Aaron Gordon?

Zach LaVine or Marcus Smart?

2018 draft:

Mo Bamba or Wendell Carter?

Trae Young or Collin Sexton?

• Moderators

In order from easiest to hardest for me:

Wiggins over Parker

Smart over Lavine (both are flawed)

Bamba over Carter

Young over Sexton

Randle over Gordon (but both are bad fits on our team)

Hardest of all for me is JJJ vs Bagley.  Like the production and aggression of Bagley more but like the fit, size and defensive ability of JJJ more.  Would want the benefit of their workouts to make that call. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Weird feeling one of these four players might be on the Hawks radar sometime, just speculation and cap $ makes me think this...

2018 draft:

No clue, having to recalibrate my detector now with Schlloyd. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, AHF said:

Wiggins over Parker

Bamba over Carter

Young over Sexton

Hardest of all for me is JJJ vs Bagley.  Like the production and aggression of Bagley more but like the fit, size and defensive ability of JJJ more.  Would want the benefit of their workouts to make that call. 

I agree with all of this in a vacuum (massively favor Bagley though), but with the Wiggins/Parker, Smart/Lavine and Randle/Gordon debates contracts are a huge consideration because I don't think any of them are game changers. For example, I'd take Parker at $15M over Wiggins at $25M.

• Like 3

• Admin
35 minutes ago, AHF said:

Wiggins over Parker

Bamba over Carter

Young over Sexton

Almost opposite choices for me from u ... I would take:

Sexton over Young

Carter over Bamba

jjj over Bagley

Gordon over Randle

Lavine over Smart

Wiggins over Parker ( but if not for injuries who knows since Wiggins hasn’t really grown as a player)

• Like 2

Bagley.

I really didnt like either Parker or Wiggins that much. Embiid was my guy in that draft. Wiggins more than Parker. I felt Wiggins had more two way potential down the road

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

2018 draft:

Gordon. As a prospect I saw Gordon as the better prospect. Hasn't changed.

Smart, I saw Smart as the more predictable prospect and the better one with less upside. So far it seems correct but LeVine might have been more productive younger and that was where I could have been wrong.

Bamba, I actually like Carter Jr but hes in the range with JJJ around 8 and 9 and Bamba is in the range with Bagley, Ayton and Doncic for me.

Sexton, I really dont think Young is as ready and some think. That said, if given time to develop and not rushed, Young could have more potential but Sexton is clearly the better PG prospect but both are more like D. Fox to me than Ball or Fultz. Not as NBA ready.

• Like 1