• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawksquawk is back up, Welcome to the Bagley Zone

NBASupes

Honestly, there's not really any prospect I'd be mad at us taking. I'd be less excited for some but looking at how close everyone is as far as strengths and weaknesses, there's not a lot of ways we could mess this one up.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Flight said:

Honestly, there's not really any prospect I'd be mad at us taking. I'd be less excited for some but looking at how close everyone is as far as strengths and weaknesses, there's not a lot of ways we could mess this one up.

We need to go offense for once. Hawks never seem to take the gifted offensive prospect when we pick high in the draft.

17 minutes ago, JTB said:

We need to go offense for once. Hawks never seem to take the gifted offensive prospect when we pick high in the draft.

I think we don't usually go offense because that's usually where the unsafe picks are. We aren't the best with taking risks lol Our nature is just high floor safe players. Going offense would mean one of: Bagley, Porter, Doncic, Young. I'd love any of them but there are PLENTY that would feel uneasy about really everyone but Doncic smh.

• Like 1

The choice should be clear, 6’11”PFwith superb athleticism and great offesnive talent, Kings are even considering Bagley at 2, if he is not available we should get Doncic but we will select a lower ceiling player because he can defend today...

28 minutes ago, Flight said:

I think we don't usually go offense because that's usually where the unsafe picks are. We aren't the best with taking risks lol Our nature is just high floor safe players. Going offense would mean one of: Bagley, Porter, Doncic, Young. I'd love any of them but there are PLENTY that would feel uneasy about really everyone but Doncic smh.

Completely understand...we’re Atlanta where top free agents already ignore...no need to go after players who aren’t the sure things right?

smart I admit but it hasn’t helped us not taking risk. I say go after that offensive scoring weapon this draft and if we miss on the pick at least it’s at the beginning of this rebuild still is how I look at it.

If we can get one of these five I'll be good:

1. Doncic

2. Ayton

3. Bagley

4. Young

5. Porter

We need an alpha dog in Atlanta. I'm tired of unproven "nice guy" projects with tons of potential. We had that with Marvin. All these players (other than Porter) have dominated in college/euro league.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, GameTime said:

If we can get one of these five I'll be good:

1. Doncic

2. Ayton

3. Bagley

4. Young

5. Porter

We need an alpha dog in Atlanta. I'm tired of unproven "nice guy" projects with tons of potential. We had that with Marvin. All these players (other than Porter) have dominated in college/euro league.

I want Ayton, Doncic or Bagley. Young and Porter have upside, but too many question marks. JJJ or Bamba also on my radar, but I think 3 is too high for either.

hace 5 minutos, JTB dijo:

Completely understand...we’re Atlanta where top free agents already ignore...no need to go after players who aren’t the sure things right?

smart I admit but it hasn’t helped us not taking risk. I say go after that offensive scoring weapon this draft and if we miss on the pick at least it’s at the beginning of this rebuild still is how I look at it.

When you are on a strong draft like this one and you have the third pick you must go with the higher ceiling player, specially when you don’t have a single star on your roster, is a MUST, you just not select a good player because is better fit to your 19th pick last year.... that is Sooooo wrong. We just need to select what you hope is the next face of the franchise, your new star. That is Bagley or Doncic, I could even buy on Porter but definately not Jackson.

I am beginning to get pissed off with all the talk about JJJ, I am beginning to think is not a smoke screen and we are going to draft him and I am going to really get mad about it, this is reminding me th Marvin vs Paul

• Like 2

Just now, bleachkit said:

I want Ayton, Doncic or Bagley. Young and Porter have upside, but too many question marks. JJJ or Bamba also on my radar, but I think 3 is too high for either.

Porter definitely has questions marks, but Young is legit. He is an elite PnR guard and Collins is an elite PnR big. Them together can be something special. Even if he is Seth Curry with elite passing skills, that is an all-star in this league.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

When you are on a strong draft like this one and you have the third pick you must go with the higher ceiling player, specially when you don’t have a single star on your roster, is a MUST, you just not select a good player because is better fit to your 19th pick last year.... that is Sooooo wrong. We just need to select what you hope is the next face of the franchise, your new star. That is Bagley or Doncic, I could even buy on Porter but definately not Jackson.

I am beginning to get pissed off with all the talk about JJJ, I am beginning to think is not a smoke screen and we are going to draft him and I am going to really get mad about it, this is reminding me th Marvin vs Paul

Like I said we need an alpha dog. There are 4 bonafide ones (Maybe Porter is the 5th) in this draft. JJJ is a nice guy and even plays like one. I think he can be an elite role player and a team like Cavs with LeBron would be perfect for him. But not here where he would have to be "The Man" in Atlanta. We made that mistake with Marvin (who is a very good role player to this day). Can't do it again.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Scratch Young for me with the 3rd pick. I am starting to come around to Supes opinion on Sexton being better in the NBA. Even so, I only want Ayton, Doncic, Bagley, or Porter with our 3rd pick. 

If we don't get this draft right, it could be another two to three years in the lottery. If we do, in two years all our cap space will be needed to chase some good free agents.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, capstone21 said:

if you want a Bamba ... don't waste 3 on him (he is a complete unknown which scares me and I think has the least potential of all the top 6-8 guys ranked in the first round) ... just sign Noel to a semi-reasonable contract.  He is young and does the same thing as Bamba.  That way we use 3 on a guy who will bring more to the table

Or we can bring Alpha Kabba from overseas :gum:

• Admin

I would be extremely disappointed if we draft Young .... he is the last guy I want us to take ... I just think he will be overmatched in the nba ... he is small with short arms, terrible defender, not very athletic and he was kind of a chucker in college.  His assists are like Westbrook... not so much getting teammates involved but passing out instead of a drive or chuck ... he is a bench guy in this league and I would rather Sexton or the Kentucky point guard if we are going that route

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

I would be extremely disappointed if we draft Young .... he is the last guy I want us to take ... I just think he will be overmatched in the nba ... he is small with short arms, terrible defender, not very athletic and he was kind of a chucker in college.  His assists are like Westbrook... not so much getting teammates involved but passing out instead of a drive or chuck ... he is a bench guy in this league and I would rather Sexton or the Kentucky point guard if we are going that route

He is small with short arms, terrible defender, and not very athletic. The rest of what you said just isn’t true.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Young has the highest bust potential out of all of these names. I just don't see him doing anything in the NBA in terms of being drafted in the top 3. When he matched up with better athletes at college he was exposed. I would take him at #19.

6 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Young has the highest bust potential out of all of these names. I just don't see him doing anything in the NBA in terms of being drafted in the top 3. When he matched up with better athletes at college he was exposed. I would take him at #19.

He reminds me of another overhyped guard, Shabazz Napier out of UCONN, who hasn't don't jack in the NBA.

• Like 1