• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Vegas hates the Hawks

TheNorthCydeRises

http://www.espn.com/chalk/story/_/id/23680463/2018-19-nba-title-odds-open-golden-state-warriors-favored-philadelphia-76ers-tops-east

So .... if you have $100 to blow, it may turn out great, if the Hawks pull off the greatest feat in NBA history.

Interesting how they propped up the odds for the teams that are rumored to possibly acquire LeBron James.

I wonder what our odds would be if we were one of the target cities of LeBron?

• Premium Member

Heck, if "hating" is a matter of how we predict things will go next season, forget Vegas, even lifelong fans like myself "hate" the Hawks... even the most optimistic among us here, I dare say, "hate" the Hawks under that definition, right?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

http://www.espn.com/chalk/story/_/id/23680463/2018-19-nba-title-odds-open-golden-state-warriors-favored-philadelphia-76ers-tops-east

So .... if you have $100 to blow, it may turn out great, if the Hawks pull off the greatest feat in NBA history.

Interesting how they propped up the odds for the teams that are rumored to possibly acquire LeBron James.

Too bad the NBA is so easy to pick between good and bad teams before the season starts. If it was more like the NFL, I probably would put a $100 on them. lol

1 hour ago, KB21 said:

I think it's pretty easy to project that the Hawks will be the worst team in the NBA in 2018-2019.  This will be a sub 20 win team.

Stop it. Menace, Gaze, Printz, J-Bap, and Whoever (especially Ded) will win at least 20 games.

16 hours ago, hazer said:

Stop it. Menace, Gaze, Printz, J-Bap, and Whoever (especially Ded) will win at least 20 games.

In fact if the lineup is indeed Schröder, Bazemore, Prince, Collins, and Dedmon and they stay relatively healthy for the entire season, that’s at least a 30-win late lottery team.

7 minutes ago, hazer said:

In fact if the lineup is indeed Schröder, Bazemore, Prince, Collins, and Dedmon and they stay relatively healthy for the entire season, that’s at least a 30-win late lottery team.

He can't help himself. He also predicted the Hawks would be the worst team in NBA history last season. 

17 hours ago, KB21 said:

Yay!  Another top draft pick among a bunch of overhyped players.

16 hours ago, hazer said:

10 minutes ago, hazer said:

Don’t forget our bet:

You claim the Hawks will finish worse in ‘18-‘19 than they did in ‘17-‘18 and pick in the top 5 again. 

I claim they’ll improve to 6th or higher in draft order.

Winner picks loser’s avatar for the entire season. Candy from a baby...

6 minutes ago, Duff_Man said:

He can't help himself. He also predicted the Hawks would be the worst team in NBA history last season. 

Like* (I’m out of them)

7 minutes ago, Duff_Man said:

Wrong an awful lot for someone claiming to be smarter than the rest of us and right all the time (Deke swat/GTSOH).

On 6/4/2018 at 10:16 AM, Duff_Man said:

Correction.  I predicted they would win 23 games.  They won 24.  Considering that there will not be any quality vets on this team in 2018-2019, that win total will drop due to the youth of the team.  The only way the Hawks can actually be better this year is to actually use their cap space to sign veteran players that can help them win now.  They will not do that though, as they will only use the cap space to take on bad contracts for assets, which leaves us with playing young players instead of veterans.  And that will equal a worse season than this past season.  

Some of you need to realize just how bad of a situation Travis Schlenk has put the Hawks into.  There are exactly two players on this team that may be here when the team is competitive again - John Collins and Taurean Prince.  That's it.  Your going to add four young players this year, and you will be lucky to get 2 of them that become long term fixtures for the organization.  They will have another very high lottery pick next year to spend on more youth that cannot help the team win.  So, that adds another year of the losing onto the ledger.  

I think the Hawks are looking at 17-18 wins in 2018-2019, and they may improve enough if they draft well to get back to 23-24 wins in 2019-2020.  At that point, maybe they are in a situation where the bad contracts can come off the books, but there will be more competition in the free agent market at that time.  That means getting an impact free agent likely will not happen, so you are looking at a 4th high lottery pick in a row after the 2020-2021.

On 6/5/2018 at 6:19 PM, KB21 said:

Correction.  I predicted they would win 23 games.  They won 24.  Considering that there will not be any quality vets on this team in 2018-2019, that win total will drop due to the youth of the team.  The only way the Hawks can actually be better this year is to actually use their cap space to sign veteran players that can help them win now.  They will not do that though, as they will only use the cap space to take on bad contracts for assets, which leaves us with playing young players instead of veterans.  And that will equal a worse season than this past season.  

Some of you need to realize just how bad of a situation Travis Schlenk has put the Hawks into.  There are exactly two players on this team that may be here when the team is competitive again - John Collins and Taurean Prince.  That's it.  Your going to add four young players this year, and you will be lucky to get 2 of them that become long term fixtures for the organization.  They will have another very high lottery pick next year to spend on more youth that cannot help the team win.  So, that adds another year of the losing onto the ledger.  

I think the Hawks are looking at 17-18 wins in 2018-2019, and they may improve enough if they draft well to get back to 23-24 wins in 2019-2020.  At that point, maybe they are in a situation where the bad contracts can come off the books, but there will be more competition in the free agent market at that time.  That means getting an impact free agent likely will not happen, so you are looking at a 4th high lottery pick in a row after the 2020-2021.

This is why it is SO IMPORTANT that the Hawks draft the Hall of Famer at the #3 spot.  No role players.  Draft the guy who they believe can be a superstar.

Like you said, only Collins and MAYBE Prince, will still be on this team in 3 years, unless someone in this group does a Donovan Mitchell, and shows flashes of being a superstar right away.   Anything less than that, it will be a long road just to get back to mediocrity.

We can't miss with this pick.  We just can't.

• Like 1

On 6/3/2018 at 10:06 AM, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Depending on our draft, it could be worthwhile to bet a $100.00 on us making the playoffs. Schröder with his mind right, Prince, Collins, Bazemore, then Bagley or Doncic could be interesting. I think worse case if everything falls like that, we finish 9th or 10th in the East.

If not for tank mode, we could have won at least 30 games and finished ahead of the Knicks for 11th this past season.