• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Have Your Mind Changed On Who You Want?

Brotha2ThaNite

2 hours ago, hazer said:

Dream scenario. Emphasis on “dream”ing. If you’re ever in Atlanta I’ll buy you a round of your go-to. That’s a peach daiquiri, amirite?

Ps @kg01 likes madori sours from 1993....also Zimas from 96...

#culdesacbbqs #sipsip #kghaltertop

:Olivia: #girlpower #girlsrule #getoffmylawn

At this point I would be optimistic about drafting any of the top guys (Ayton, Doncic, Bagley, Bamba, JJJ, Young, Porter Jr.). I think Bagley is the safest bet to at least be a good player, but I could see any of the others being better. There's always an element of luck involved. 

3 hours ago, High5 said:

At this point I would be optimistic about drafting any of the top guys (Ayton, Doncic, Bagley, Bamba, JJJ, Young, Porter Jr.). I think Bagley is the safest bet to at least be a good player, but I could see any of the others being better. There's always an element of luck involved. 

We are the Hawks! We are going to need more than an element of luck!:laugh:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, capstone21 said:

There is bad defense and then there is young ... he is going to get destroyed by his competition... his lack of D really worries me

It's easier to hide a bad defender on the perimeter than it is in the post.  Trae Young is bad defensively, but his defense will not hurt you the way Ayton's and Bagley's will.  Plus, I have more faith that Young's passing will be an elite trait in the NBA than I do with either of Ayton's or Bagley's having elite offensive skills.

5 minutes ago, KB21 said:

It's easier to hide a bad defender on the perimeter than it is in the post.  Trae Young is bad defensively, but his defense will not hurt you the way Ayton's and Bagley's will.  Plus, I have more faith that Young's passing will be an elite trait in the NBA than I do with either of Ayton's or Bagley's having elite offensive skills.

I actually agree with this. I feel so dirty. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Dragitoff said:

I've been all over the place on who I want the Hawks to draft.  I've started over this offseason on NBA 2K so many times, I don't even want to admit.  lol.  

I haven't waivered at all.  At 3, I want Doncic, Jackson, or Young in that order.

At 19, I want Melton, Okobo, Okogie, or Huerter.

At 30, I want Evans, Frazier, Milton, or Brown.

At 34, I want Bonga, Clark.

39 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Bagley is not as bad defensively as you claim he is. The numbers and the tape disagrees with you.

13 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Bagley is not as bad defensively as you claim he is. The numbers and the tape disagrees with you.

He will have the worst defensive BPM of any big drafted in the top 10 since the stat has been monitored.  He's terrible defensively.  

7 minutes ago, KB21 said:

He will have the worst defensive BPM of any big drafted in the top 10 since the stat has been monitored.  He's terrible defensively.  

That stat is based a metric of combined numbers. I really posted the flaws of it awhile back. Why do you keep repeating the same foolishness like a parrot.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

That stat is based a metric of combined numbers. I really posted the flaws of it awhile back. Why do you keep repeating the same foolishness like a parrot.

Probably because that stat has been a very good predictor of success in the NBA.  The best DBPM of all time?  Anthony Davis, who is among the best defenders in the NBA.  You know who else had a very high DBPM?  Joel Embiid.  A great defender in the NBA.  

You know who had a DBPM around the area of Marvin Bagley's?  Jahlil Okafor, who has been terrible.

Just now, KB21 said:

Probably because that stat has been a very good predictor of success in the NBA.  The best DBPM of all time?  Anthony Davis, who is among the best defenders in the NBA.  You know who else had a very high DBPM?  Joel Embiid.  A great defender in the NBA.  

You know who had a DBPM around the area of Marvin Bagley's?  Jahlil Okafor, who has been terrible.

Marvin Williams out of UNC was sky high as well and Nerlens Noel was #1 out of everyone on their charts from what I remember.

Please stop comparing him with AD and Embiid, those two were superior talents and prospects and would be #2 or #3 in this class. JJJ is nothing like them.

You love to troll as if Bagley isnt superior defensively to Okafor. Man, you say this shit but when hes in the NBA, once he is, I dont want to hear no excuses when he's Marvin Williamsing it up and Bagley is averging 22/12/2/2. Dont say shit about no playing time or nothing. Just STFU and take your L like a man.

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Marvin Williams out of UNC was sky high as well and Nerlens Noel was #1 out of everyone on their charts from what I remember.

Please stop comparing him with AD and Embiid, those two were superior talents and prospects and would be #2 or #3 in this class. JJJ is nothing like them.

You love to troll as if Bagley isnt superior defensively to Okafor. Man, you say this shit but when hes in the NBA, once he is, I dont want to hear no excuses when he's Marvin Williamsing it up and Bagley is averging 22/12/2/2. Dont say shit about no playing time or nothing. Just STFU and take your L like a man.

When JJJ is the NBA's DPOY and Marvin Bagley is leading a team to losses, you should take the L like a man.

JJJ is actually very similar to Embiid.

1 minute ago, KB21 said:

When JJJ is the NBA's DPOY and Marvin Bagley is leading a team to losses, you should take the L like a man.

JJJ if all works out might be in the discussion for the award in 6-7 years. I Doubt it considering Bamba, Green, and Gobert exist but it's not out of the question. 

If all works out for Bagley, you are talking the best offensive player in the NBA and very good switch defender as well. Last year, Collins got underrated and clearly proved he can play. This year, Bagley is getting underrated and will prove he can dominate the NBA and sooner than later. 

4 minutes ago, KB21 said:

I'm not seeing this comparison at all. JJJ is more like a young Serge Ibaka imo.

Embiid was extremely talented and extremely raw. I dont find JJJ to be raw nor do I find him to be that talented. He has talent but not that much. I can post full games and show you quite clearly why you are delusional to have that take.

Just now, Flight said:

I'm not seeing this comparison at all. JJJ is more like a young Serge Ibaka imo.

It's like saying LeBron James and Kent Bazemore are very similar 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Embiid was extremely talented and extremely raw. I dont find JJJ to be raw nor do I find him to be that talented. He has talent but not that much. I can post full games and show you quite clearly why you are delusional to have that take.

It's like saying LeBron James and Kent Bazemore are very similar 

Yeah, JJJ doesn't even look comfortable dribbling for 5 seconds in the paint. Offensively Embiid is by far more advanced than JJJ is. 

13 minutes ago, Flight said:

Yeah, JJJ doesn't even look comfortable dribbling for 5 seconds in the paint. Offensively Embiid is by far more advanced than JJJ is. 

No one should be dribbling for 5 seconds in the paint anyway.  JJJ is perfectly fine with handling the ball on the perimeter.