• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Performance of Schlenk Discussion

KB21

7 minutes ago, AHF said:

I love the optimism of some people here offering up basically #4 and Parsons for some disposable asset on our end.  I hope our GM tries to swindle Memphis like that but I cannot remotely imagine Memphis being that dumb.  Maybe if they hire Billy King as their GM I'd hold out hope but the #4 in this draft is worth more than a straight salary dump.

They could hire Travis Schlenk and make that deal.  He routinely gets beaten in trades like that.  

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, KB21 said:

They could hire Travis Schlenk and make that deal.  He routinely gets beaten in trades like that.  

I haven't seen him give away a single draft pick let alone a top 4 pick.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, davis171 said:

Lol where did the hawks give up something that is as valuable as the #4 pick for a salary dump.

Get use to it. That is as close to a quality post you will ever see from him as it concerns Schlenk. I don't know why anyone even bothers with responding to his little snippets.

@AHF I am talking to you lol

20 minutes ago, deester11 said:

Lmao.  You got one tune you play KB....priceless 

Get use to it. That is as close to a quality post you will ever see from him as it concerns Schlenk. I don't know why anyone even bothers with responding to his little snippets.

2 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

wrong quote, fixed it but cannot delete or edit this one.

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Buzzard said:

Heard you the first time Buzzard!  lol

Sometime I can't help

don-quixote.gif?w=300

• Like 3

Schlenk got raped on the Dwight Howard deal.  He wasn't even able to get anything for Ilyasova or Belinelli at the trade deadline.  He took on a lot of dead money to get what is the 30th pick in the draft.

Name me one instance where Travis Schlenk actually made a good move that benefited the Hawks.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Schlenk got raped on the Dwight Howard deal.  He wasn't even able to get anything for Ilyasova or Belinelli at the trade deadline.  He took on a lot of dead money to get what is the 30th pick in the draft.

Name me one instance where Travis Schlenk actually made a good move that benefited the Hawks.

Don't go away mad with your bash Schlenk trade talk in a draft thread, just go the f*ck away! Don't bother KB, I will take a break from you. See you next Wednesday Squawkers!

• Moderators
22 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Schlenk did get pummeled on the Dwight deal but giving up Dwight isn't a big deal.  It was a bad trade but amounted to little more than a downgrade of seats on the titanic for all the difference it made.  The shape of that deal tells me he had a mandate to get rid of Dwight and was willing to eat some to get it done.  Not sure if that was him as the driver, Bud (who benched Dwight late in the year), ownership or some combination of the above.  I do criticize Schlenk for the deal but don't think it has any long-term implications for the team.

Not being able to get anything for Ilya or Beli isn't great but he was hardly unique in trying to move vets at the deadline and failing last year. Memphis tried hard to move the superior Tyreke Evans (averaging 19 points on a career best TS% along with 5 boards and 5 assists per game) and couldn't move him even with him being on an expiring low dollar deal.  They opted to shut him down for the year so he wouldn't interfere with the tank once they got no biters.

The Houston pick was always going to be late but predictably would have been earlier than 30 and had the upside of being pretty good if Harden got hurt.  Not worked up or put off about that one at all.

For moves that were good, I would include Dedmon and Collins in that bucket.  Dorsey is a TBD.  

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Don't go away mad with your bash Schlenk trade talk in a draft thread, just go the f*ck away! Don't bother KB, I will take a break from you. See you next Wednesday Squawkers!

Wtf...wait...come back...you live for this! Don’t let others get in the way man. Just ignore the comment and move on.

9 minutes ago, AHF said:

Schlenk did get pummeled on the Dwight deal but giving up Dwight isn't a big deal.  It was a bad trade but amounted to little more than a downgrade of seats on the titanic for all the difference it made.  The shape of that deal tells me he had a mandate to get rid of Dwight and was willing to eat some to get it done.  Not sure if that was him as the driver, Bud (who benched Dwight late in the year), ownership or some combination of the above.  I do criticize Schlenk for the deal but don't think it has any long-term implications for the team.

Not being able to get anything for Ilya or Beli isn't great but he was hardly unique in trying to move vets at the deadline and failing last year. Memphis tried hard to move the superior Tyreke Evans (averaging 19 points on a career best TS% along with 5 boards and 5 assists per game) and couldn't move him even with him being on an expiring low dollar deal.  They opted to shut him down for the year so he wouldn't interfere with the tank once they got no biters.

The Houston pick was always going to be late but predictably would have been earlier than 30 and had the upside of being pretty good if Harden got hurt.  Not worked up or put off about that one at all.

For moves that were good, I would include Dedmon and Collins in that bucket.  Dorsey is a TBD.  

Dedmon was a good player, but the decision to give him an opt out basically kept the Hawks from being able to move him at all for any value.  Now, they will lose him for nothing when he opts out and signs with Milwaukee.

Again, I ask what moves he made that truly benefit the Hawks?  He's probably about to screw up the John Collins move by drafting Marvin Bagley, duplicating that position instead of getting a counter part to Collins.

There is no way I would trust Travis Schlenk to convince a team that us taking on their bad contract is all they value they will get in a deal.  I would be willing to bet that any deal with Denver for the 14th pick or Memphis for Parsons will end up benefiting the other team more than Atlanta.  

Travis will be like, "Oh, you want us to take on your bad contract.  Well, here's Taurean Prince for your troubles."

• Moderators
18 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Dedmon was a good player, but the decision to give him an opt out basically kept the Hawks from being able to move him at all for any value.  Now, they will lose him for nothing when he opts out and signs with Milwaukee.

Again, I ask what moves he made that truly benefit the Hawks?  He's probably about to screw up the John Collins move by drafting Marvin Bagley, duplicating that position instead of getting a counter part to Collins.

There is no way I would trust Travis Schlenk to convince a team that us taking on their bad contract is all they value they will get in a deal.  I would be willing to bet that any deal with Denver for the 14th pick or Memphis for Parsons will end up benefiting the other team more than Atlanta.  

Travis will be like, "Oh, you want us to take on your bad contract.  Well, here's Taurean Prince for your troubles."

If he makes a trade like that, I'll evaluate it based on its merits at that time.  I can certainly come up with hypothetical deals that I'd love and hypothetical deals that I'd hate.

Giving up Collins or Prince would mean having to get back serious value because both of those guys are long-term pieces for the team.  They aren't unmovable but they are our most valuable players on the current roster and can't be throw-ins in any deal.

Schlenk came into a horrible situation and had to make awkward moves to set us up for future success. It's too early to make anything close to an accurate judgement of his negotiating ability.

If he does well with this draft then we'll be on a better trajectory than we've been on in a very long time. 

(and now back to ignoring the Hawksquawk circle of insanity at least until next week)

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, High5 said:

Schlenk came into a horrible situation and had to make awkward moves to set us up for future success. It's too early to make anything close to an accurate judgement of his negotiating ability.

If he does well with this draft then we'll be on a better trajectory than we've been on in a very long time. 

(and now back to ignoring the Hawksquawk circle of insanity at least until next week)

Schlenk made the situation horrible with his decision to tank. 

3 minutes ago, GThawks3 said:

That’s your opinion which is in the minority. So in reality it was a great move. 

Sure.  It’s a great move if you enjoy endless losing and being put into a position to take extremely flawed prospects like Bagley.  

2 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Sure.  It’s a great move if you enjoy endless losing and being put into a position to take extremely flawed prospects like Bagley.  

Yeah being a treadmill team and losing in the 1st round is so much better. 

• Like 1