• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Performance of Schlenk Discussion

KB21

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Everything else you said made sense until you got to this. Schlenk has ZERO, NADA, ZIP control over where the lottery balls actually land.  

The only thing he has some control over is our actual record being one the top 3 worse and as indicated by last year's draft...anything can happen with the change in the lottery odds.

Well Jaybird I know you’re the ultimate optimist, but by getting rid of quality vets and not replacing them with anything close to what left is sending a clear signal that you’re not trying to improve the team. So if the plan isn’t to improve the team, as the GM, then logically you must be playing for a good draft pick. If, after all of this, we do not end up with a valuable draft pick then he needs to be held fully accountable. Not for the where the lottery balls fall but for betting on the lottery in the first place.

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Everything else you said made sense until you got to this. Schlenk has ZERO, NADA, ZIP control over where the lottery balls actually land.  

The only thing he has some control over is our actual record being one the top 3 worse and as indicated by last year's draft...anything can happen with the change in the lottery odds.

Actually, that only strengthens their point.  To whiff so badly in team building knowing that you have a lesser chance of getting a magical bailout is even more inexcusable. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

If the Hawks land a top 5-6 pick, they will land a pretty good prospect 

Edwards 

Ball

Okongwu 

Wiseman

McDaniels 

Anthony 

Or Toppin but I doubt he is an option considering potential really matters to us.

Edwards really is the only safe bet in the bunch. Wiseman and Ball are big time gambles. Don’t know enough about McDaniels and Ok-whatever. Anthony has a knee injury right (don’t know if it was serious one).

8 minutes ago, EazyRoc said:

Edwards really is the only safe bet in the bunch. Wiseman and Ball are big time gambles. Don’t know enough about McDaniels and Ok-whatever. Anthony has a knee injury right (don’t know if it was serious one).

It depends what you mean by safe bet. He has a number of question Markz too

As of today I think you're going to have to trade out in the draft if you don't get a top 2 pick. Right now I don't feel good about anybody that could go in the top 5 outside of perhaps Wiseman/Edwards. If you land at 3-5 I think you're going to need to try to pair that pick with a young player (outside of Young/Collins really) and maybe try to acquire a good young player that's more established and a pick around 10-15. I'm not sure who though.

Not sure it wouldn't be trade out regardless. How Edwards does against tougher competition more consistently after Georgia's next game is going to be of great interest. How Reddish progresses will be of interest too. 

That's going to need to be paired with acquiring 3-4 players in free agency to bolster depth on short term deals. I've seen others name names, all I can do is agree with them. 

• Like 3