• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Performance of Schlenk Discussion

KB21

1 minute ago, GThawks3 said:

Yeah being a treadmill team and losing in the 1st round is so much better. 

It is.  At least you are making the playoffs rather than picking in the top 3 every year.  

Now, the Hawks have no hope of winning anything anytime soon. 

3 minutes ago, KB21 said:

It is.  At least you are making the playoffs rather than picking in the top 3 every year.  

Now, the Hawks have no hope of winning anything anytime soon. 

99% of NBA fans disagree. Making the playoffs and losing with no shot at contending now or the future. Literally the defintion of a treadmill team was the old Atlanta Hawks. 

That’s the difference between us. I want to build and contentor and you want to build a treadmill team.

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, KB21 said:

He has shown no proclivity when it comes to negotiating.  

I don't disagree with this.  He hasn't shown a situation where he clearly got an upper hand on negotiations to this point.  I include the negotiations with Bud on his departure in this.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GThawks3 said:

99% of NBA fans disagree. Making the playoffs and losing with no shot at contending now or the future. Literally the defintion of a treadmill team was the old Atlanta Hawks. 

That’s the difference between us. I want to build and contentor and you want to build a treadmill team.

Actually, the difference is that I realize you don’t build contenders by tanking.  

23 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Actually, the difference is that I realize you don’t build contenders by tanking.  

Yeah I mean the Hawks had only been to the playoffs 10 straight years and didn’t win one game past the 2nd round. Let’s continue to try and build a contender that way. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GThawks3 said:

Yeah I mean the Hawks had only been to the playoffs 10 straight years and didn’t win one game past the 2nd round. Let’s continue to try and build a contender that way. 

Again.  It is better than losing with no hope of the losing ending anytime soon.  I’m sure you will enjoy the sub 20 win season the Hawks are going to have this year.  

3 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Again.  It is better than losing with no hope of the losing ending anytime soon.  I’m sure you will enjoy the sub 20 win season the Hawks are going to have this year.  

Yep, again like I said you’re ok with being a treadmill team..it’s a fact.

And if whoever we pick at #3 has a strong rookie season and Prince/Collins continue to progress? I will love ever minute of it. #3 pick, Collins, Prince, having a top 2019 pick would be ideal for me...and that doesn’t include 19, 30, 34 and any other trade assets we pick up for the 18 or 19 draft.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:
15 minutes ago, NBASupes said:
Get Bamba and Bagley and hes already the best GM in NBA history to me.

Or Doncic and Bamba and set us up to begin a dynasty in two years.

Cool with me. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

No. Picking them isn't enough because if neither amount to a hill of beans...then what.

It won't initially but it will be the first sign I've seen of THIS organization trying to win and win big!

On another note, Coach Bud did not just discover Kawhi but him and Kawhi discovered their some quitting bitches.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

It won't initially but it will be the first sign I've seen of THIS organization trying to win and win big!

On another note, Coach Bud did not just discover Kawhi but him and Kawhi discovered their some quitting bitches.

:biggrin:

• Like 1

• Premium Member
22 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:
24 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:
No. Picking them isn't enough because if neither amount to a hill of beans...then what.

If we get #3, and #4 and those picks don't pan out, Pierce is a scrub. I'm no draft savant, but this draft is really good.

They said they same about the 2014 draft. I heard phrases like 'can't miss draft', it'll be like the LBJ draft, and so on and so on.

Wiggins, Parker, Embiid, Gordon, Exum, Smart, Randle - those are your top 7. None except Embiid is the best player on their respective teams, and it took him 4 years to get on the court full time. 

The draft is not an exact science. How many players drafted in the top 5 in the last 10 years have turned out to be franchise changers or even the 2nd best players on their respective team . 1 definitely 2 maybe.  But you expect the Hawks drafting at 3 and 4 to be the ones that gets the 2 of the top 5 right?

• Like 2

• Premium Member
Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

They said they same about the 2014 draft. I heard phrases like 'can't miss draft', it'll be like the LBJ draft, and so on and so on.

Wiggins, Parker, Embiid, Gordon, Exum, Smart, Randle - those are your top 7. None except Embiid is the best player on their respective teams, and it took him 4 years to get on the court full time. 

The draft is not an exact science. How many players drafted in the top 5 in the last 10 years have turned out to be franchise changers or even the 2nd best players on their respective team . 1 definitely 2 maybe.  But you expect the Hawks drafting at 3 and 4 to be the ones that gets the 2 of the top 5 right?

So i took a look at the last 10 years at the top 5 of each class - it's not pretty.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

So i took a look at the last 10 years at the top 5 of each class - it's not pretty.

No joke?  Seems like someone has been mentioning that around here when the foolish decision to tank was made.  

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, KB21 said:

No joke?  Seems like someone has been mentioning that around here when the foolish decision to tank was made.  

I'd still rather have the 1 in 5 chance to make this pick this year than another maxed out, capped out team and a 1st round exit which we've been since the last time we had the #3 pick.

• Like 1