• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks have made Dennis available through trade

Sothron

• Premium Member

source: sports illustrated

The Hawks have made Dennis Schröder "available for trades," according to Jeremy Woo of Sports Illustrated.

Last month, Schröder made some controversial comments at a press conference. "I have to look individually what’s the best for me," Schröder said. "I will be 25 in September... I cannot be second to last in the Eastern Conference. That’s why I will have the talks with the Atlanta Hawks." The Hawks have two picks in the top-20 in the 2018 draft, so they may explore adding a young point guard to the roster.

So...it sounds like Dennis is gone. Talked to my source and he's confirmed they are trying to move him. Feeling is Dennis will be gone before next season starts. This makes me even more scared we will waste a pick on Young.

He has been on the market for a long time. Atlanta isn't trading an asset to move him and no one wants to trade an asset for him. He likes Pierce, he apologized to the team and he's been a hard worker since coming back to Atlanta really working on his range. 

He might be the one player who will be on the roster come October outside of Bazemore.

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He has been on the market for a long time. Atlanta isn't trading an asset to move him and no one wants to trade an asset for him. He likes Pierce, he apologized to the team and he's been a hard worker since coming back to Atlanta really working on his range. 

He might be the one player who will be on the roster come October outside of Bazemore.

It wouldn't surprise me if we send Dennis to get back Faried/14.

1 minute ago, Sothron said:

They don't want him and their not that interested in moving the 14th. They really want to move other assets. I was going to talk about this in the pod. San Antonio is the team open for business. 

Add Washington as well.

3 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I would be surprised if DEN would do this considering their already crowded backcourt.

Just now, NBASupes said:

They don't want him and their not that interested in moving the 14th. They really want to move other assets. I was going to talk about this in the pod. San Antonio is the team open for business. 

SAS loves their pg of the future though?  Can't recall his name right now.  Blame it on the .... what were we talking about?

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

I would be surprised if DEN would do this considering their already crowded backcourt.

SAS loves their pg of the future though?  Can't recall his name right now.  Blame it on the .... what were we talking about?

Their pick, not for Dennis 

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I hate seeing reports like that.  There's really no substance to it.  I could tweet that right now about 85% of the league and be juuuust right enough to not be laughed off the platform.

"Well, how do you know this, Jake"  "Bwahhh, I can't reveal my sources."  Buuuulllshat

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I hate seeing reports like that.  There's really no substance to it.  I could tweet that right now about 85% of the league and be juuuust right enough to not be laughed off the platform.

"Well, how do you know this, Jake"  "Bwahhh, I can't reveal my sources."  Buuuulllshat

It's not so much that it's wrong but it makes it seem like Atlanta is just trying to give them away when they aren't. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
20 minutes ago, kg01 said:

SAS wants to move Pau and #18

• Premium Member

DEN doesn't have a real point guard. Murray is not really a point. Problem is Harris is a rock star SG and Will Barton is a great sixth man at SG/SF. Murry kinda has to play PG for them by default. They could absolutely use Dennis. They have to get rid of Faried at all costs to afford Barton and my boy Jokic.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Sothron said:

DEN doesn't have a real point guard. Murray is not really a point. Problem is Harris is a rock star SG and Will Barton is a great sixth man at SG/SF. Murry kinda has to play PG for them by default. They could absolutely use Dennis. They have to get rid of Faried at all costs to afford Barton and my boy Jokic.

They could. A lot of teams could use Dennis. Dennis contract is the big issue. Maybe he will play at a high standard next year and raise his value

• Moderators
21 minutes ago, JTB said:

Trae Young is coming to Atlanta people! I tried to tell y’all but I’m just being ignored....

He better be a freaking superstar if we burn the #3 for him.

Last week I said that things would start to shake out around Thursday. This story is a leak story.  Hawks put out that Schröder is available for trade and teams with PG needs then feel fan pressure to make a trade.

This is all designed to drum up interest and bidding pressure for Dennis.

Dennis is a known commodity and less of a risk than a draft pick.  He is the type of player a top 15 team picks up to fill a hole or improve at a position.  Cleveland is such a team as well as Miami, New Orleans, Denver, San Antonio, Milwaukee or teams desperate to take a step up....Orlando, Brooklyn, Detroit.

Sorry...around Tuesday. Today is that day. Rumors will start flying and most of those rumors will be to drum up trade interest.  Fan pressure is the number one way to push a team to make a trade they won't in secret.