• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Front office versus Ownership

Vol4ever

3 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:
5 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:
Looks like Ownership wants Doncic and Schlenk wants to trade down for Trea Young.

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2018/06/givonys-latest-kings-doncic-porter-gilgeous-alexander.html

Crazy!

If that's true ownership should fire Schlenk, this is ridiculous.

That's my initial reaction, because I don't really like Schlenk.  However, IIUC, ownership also wanted Dwight Howard so ..... blind leading blind?

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, DrReality said:

Have there been situations where GM and owner were split?  If so.......who won? 

Ownership always wins if they really want but established GMs likely have more pull unless the owner wants to risk the GM walking. 

For a precedent on this, I saw a report earlier today when pulling a few quotes on Anthony Bennet that then Cavs GM Chris Grant didn't want Bennett but ownership (and some others in the front office) did and so not only did Grant get overruled but he then got blamed for the bad pick.

• Like 2

Any good owner hires staff to do a job. If the staff gives a solid reason why player X is preferred over player Y , you go with your staff. If you micromanage why did u hire the staff to began with. Sets a bad example. 

I dont know for sure but there is innuendo that our owner was directly involved with the Horford deal and the Howard deal. How did that turn out. 

Tony you hired Our GM let him work if his performance is unsatisfactory then you replace him. Dont touch the Task! 

Doubtful this rumor  is true because this is basic MBA stuff. Tony being so successful, i doubt he would do these kind of amateur moves.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, asdogg said:

Any good owner hires staff to do a job. If the staff gives a solid reason why player X is preferred over player Y , you go with your staff. If you micromanage why did u hire the staff to began with. Sets a bad example. 

I dont know for sure but there is innuendo that our owner was directly involved with the Horford deal and the Howard deal. How did that turn out. 

Tony you hired Our GM let him work if his performance is unsatisfactory then you replace him. Dont touch the Task! 

Doubtful this rumor  is true because this is basic MBA stuff. Tony being so successful, i doubt he would do these kind of amateur moves.

I mean, what you say makes sense.  However, all the rumors suggest he did just that in forcing Howard on Budz.

Ownership always wins in these kinds of disputes. Why? Because GMs have to answer to the owners. This is the main reason I’m doubting this. I’ve never heard of a rouge GM making moves without permission. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, asdogg said:

Plus Trae Young has some mad hype around him as well. So it doesnt make since going against your GM . Now if the GM wanted a guy like Adam O’Keefe them  I would also have a pause for concern. 

You mean Adam Keefe?... ? 

• Like 1

I call bullshit. Très Young’n has just as much if not more star power than My-Name-Is-Luka Donciccio. Schlloyd is playing a masterful hand of poker.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, hazer said:

I call bullshit. Très Young’n has just as much if not more star power than My-Name-Is-Luka Donciccio. Schlloyd is playing a masterful hand of poker.

He is not considered top 3 in the draft.....Trae Young

For once schlenk is on my good side!...go get Trae! 

Trae is going to be one of hell of a baller in the nba to me. Yes we need some defense by him but he’s going to naturally be the better scorer between him and Doncic. As far as passing they are the same.

i hope schlenk can convince ownership to draft Young 

• Like 2

Just now, Vol4ever said:

He is not considered top 3 in the draft.....Trae Young

So what! The top 3 guys aren’t sure thing stars nor is Trae but he’s shown a lot more potential than he’s getting credit for on this board 

5 minutes ago, hazer said:

Exactly! All these players are flawed but there’s literally a lot less issues in Young’s offense than Doncics