Dallas Pick Protection: What’s the status of this protective pick?

Brotha2ThaNite

36 minutes ago, AHF said:

I think 1-5 years 1&2; 1-3 years 3&4 and unprotected year 5.

I think it conveys next year fwiw. This isn't the worst. Likely lotto picks rarely get traded, and especially in this climate. I was really high on Doncic, but if Young and him are comparable we made a solid deal. I'm not convinced, but I'm willing to see

• Moderators
Just now, TheFuzz said:

I think it conveys next year fwiw. This isn't the worst. Likely lotto picks rarely get traded, and especially in this climate. I was really high on Doncic, but if Young and him are comparable we made a solid deal. I'm not convinced, but I'm willing to see

Yeah, I think there is a very good chance Doncic improves them enough to convey that pick.  Balls can always take that away come lottery time and the odds will be better for them to jump up next year(and not convey).

6 hours ago, Kimsey said:

Dallas will have one of the top 5 worse records next season if not top 3. 

The pick will be in the top 10 whenever it conveys, these are the type of trades you need to make if you want two top ten picks...

If they get a big, Dallas will have one of the top 10 worse records. Lets hope they get pick #6 lol

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Brotha2ThaNite said:

Dang! I just heard that there has been 23 Euro players picked as lottery players in the last 15 years. Only one has made it to the NBA All Stars. That was Kristaps Porziņģis, last year. 

Maybe the NBA i’s really souring on the euro players

That stat conveniently omits Giannis though, who was picked at 15.

1 hour ago, Brotha2ThaNite said:

If they get a big, Dallas will have one of the top 10 worse records. Lets hope they get pick #6 lol

Yeah, Dallas won’t be top 5 bad. That pick will probably convey to Atlanta unless things get screwy with the new lottery system. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, Kimsey said:

Dallas will have one of the top 5 worse records next season if not top 3. 

The pick will be in the top 10 whenever it conveys, these are the type of trades you need to make if you want two top ten picks...

Can't believe we couldn't negotiate top 3 protection instead of top 5. Dallas wanted Doncic BAD and we should have been able to exploit that. That's the most dissapointing aspect about yesterdays trade IMO.

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, Guard said:

Yeah, Dallas won’t be top 5 bad. That pick will probably convey to Atlanta unless things get screwy with the new lottery system. 

Dallas could easily be top 5 bad. Doncic is still a 19 year old rookie and won't dominate as a rookie. Probably looking at a 15-16ppg season from him if he does well. At best he will give them 2-3 extra wins. 

7 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Dallas could easily be top 5 bad. Doncic is still a 19 year old rookie and won't dominate as a rookie. Probably looking at a 15-16ppg season from him if he does well. At best he will give them 2-3 extra wins. 

Dallas supposedly is trying be more competitive next season. They have capspace while having a draft that will stabalize their ball-handling. I can easily see that pick in the 7-14 range. 

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, Guard said:

Dallas supposedly is trying be more competitive next season. They have capspace while having a draft that will stabalize their ball-handling. I can easily see that pick in the 7-14 range. 

Than why wouldn't they fork over top 3 protection instead of top 5?? I guess Dallas is not as confident in themselves as you are on them. 

14 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Than why wouldn't they fork over top 3 protection instead of top 5?? I guess Dallas is not as confident in themselves as you are on them. 

The protections definitely should’ve been top 3. I agree with you there. 

1 hour ago, Atlantaholic said:

Injuries and suspensions. If Doncic, Smith Jr., or even Barnes goes down, Cuban will be getting league warnings about tank mode again.

5 hours ago, Atlantaholic said:

Can't believe we couldn't negotiate top 3 protection instead of top 5. Dallas wanted Doncic BAD and we should have been able to exploit that. That's the most dissapointing aspect about yesterdays trade IMO.

Well, yeah they did want Doncic bad, however, Schlenk wanted Young just as bad. There were no secrets in this draft. Social media had it all spilling out. I wish they could have compromised top 4, I wonder why NBA teams make it those protected odd numbers like that.

Dallas is going to be bad, it's no way around that. Sac and Pho will have better records than them, I'd put a shiny coin on that. 

They'll being battling with Atl, Orl, and perhaps Cle for the worst record in the league. 

4 minutes ago, Kimsey said:

Well, yeah they did want Doncic bad, however, Schlenk wanted Young just as bad. There were no secrets in this draft. Social media had it all spilling out. I wish they could have compromised top 4, I wonder why NBA teams make it those protected odd numbers like that.

Dallas is going to be bad, it's no way around that. Sac and Pho will have better records than them, I'd put a shiny coin on that. 

They'll being battling with Atl, Orl, and perhaps Cle for the worst record in the league. 

Speaking of I don’t know what the hell orl is doing. They have prolly the biggest hole at pg and didn’t address it. But in another thought they clearly still have a need and we may get a decent offer from them for denis. That’s my hope at least with that.

Yeah, Orlando has to be the prime destination for Dennis. Maybe a lotto protected future pick and bad contract gets it done.

Phoenix still has Knight who they have no use for. Maybe they throw in Warren with Bridges now on board