• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Feel Better Folks

kg01

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Thanks CageyOne!! I needed that.

Oh, and for those that wanted Bagley (I didn't) ....

MoneyBagggs - You know how Ersan always leads the league in charges taken.  Well, I think Bagley's claim to fame will be in the sheer number of charges he'll commit in his career.  Get used to head-down barrels into the restricted area *tweet* ... offensive foul.  Bagley palms up as if to say, "WhutIdo?"

Who else did anyone want?  I got shade for 'em all.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Doncic - I said it before and I'll say it again .... he's the love child of Evan Turner and Hedo Turkeyglue ... Hedo Turner  *yawn*  Have fun wrestling the ball from Dennis Spliff, Jr. and trying unsuccessfully to be the next Dirk.

Definitely agree with this.  I looked at clip after clip of Doncic and tried to convince myself that he is what everyone says he is but i just couldn't do it. But I said to myself at least he is big and can get in better shape and he would look better.  We'll see if that happens.  The Huerter tape has everything in it that I'd hoped I would see from watching Doncic's tape.  Huerter will be very good in this league and he is still young at 19.  I think the league dropped the ball on this guy.

• Like 4

:airquote:

THE BEST DEFENSE IS A GOOD OFFENCE !

Hawks may still lose but it will be more like 120-117 rather than 79-72. 

Balance in the east still hinges on King James.  Will he stay in the east or go west?  LA would like him out there and Cleveland would love for him to stay put. 

Lloyd Pierce is a defensive coach, so tis said.  He may have a lot of teaching ahead.  Another thing, what are the Hawks going to do as far as trades and free agency?  Before all the dust settles over the draft, we have that to consider.  Will Dennis still be a Hawk?  How about Baze?

Yep.  All those players we didn't get or keep, will they come back to haunt us like our passing over that PG that we really needed and the trading Nique? 

:laugh:

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Balance in the east still hinges on King James.  Will he stay in the east or go west?  LA would like him out there and Cleveland would love for him to stay put. 

Lloyd Pierce is a defensive coach, so tis said.  He may have a lot of teaching ahead.  Another thing, what are the Hawks going to do as far as trades and free agency?  Before all the dust settles over the draft, we have that to consider.  Will Dennis still be a Hawk?  How about Baze?

Yep.  All those players we didn't get or keep, will they come back to haunt us like our passing over that PG that we really needed and the trading Nique? 

I think Dennis has to be moved and that has been the plan ever since he publicly said he was disgruntled and wanted a way out. I think if Dennis brings a bad attitude into the locker room, we may try and give him away.

Bazemore being moved is a coin toss to me. He is a good vet and a good teammate by all accounts. A solid influence for three new rookies. With the way Travis is with cap flexibility and adding picks, something along those lines will be needed to trade Baze away.

Three rookies and add in Schröder, this season could be Pierce's most chaotic. I do think he is going to be fine. He has been around the game, different types of players and personalities, for over a decade. Pierce does not strike me as a push over.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
All we need is Dallas to be at least good enough to land 6-10 and we'll be fine lol.

If they sign Boogie they will easily finish with a pick outside top 5, worry is that it would be outside lottery, I'm greedy and want it to be 6 ?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, turnermx said:

If they sign Boogie they will easily finish with a pick outside top 5, worry is that it would be outside lottery, I'm greedy and want it to be 6 ?

I hope so too lol, they are in the west though, if LeBron goes there and Kawhi is there next season it may not matter who they even pick up in free agency.

• Like 1

In other news that may make some feel a lil' better, smells like BOS may be dealing with some drama ...

https://thespun.com/nba/boston-celtics/robert-williams-celtics-nba-draft-missing

Haha, dude dropped due to concerns such as lack of focus, immaturity and now this.  Also, I get Tatum/Brown are panning out but can we also recall Dan strAinge's actual draft record, btw?  It ain't good.

• Like 1

Gotta love Embiid.  Threw all types of shade on Ayton’s defense.  And I just don’t know how nasty Bamba can be.  Gobert is nasty.

Just getting a glimpse into these guys games and personalities a bit I liked Miles Bridges and Devencienzo.  Lonnie Walker seemed like a Spur-type and Porter Jr.’s is just an interesting profile to follow.  F$@k the rest of em if they ain’t Hawks.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Gotta love Embiid.  Threw all types of shade on Ayton’s defense.  And I just don’t know how nasty Bamba can be.  Gobert is nasty.

Just getting a glimpse into these guys games and personalities a bit I liked Miles Bridges and Devencienzo.  Lonnie Walker seemed like a Spur-type and Porter Jr.’s is just an interesting profile to follow.  F$@k the rest of em if they ain’t Hawks.

Bridges is too small to play 4, too slow to play 3 and can't shoot.  Have fun with that, CHA.  Oh and the fact that CHA wanted him pretty much guarantees he's a bust.

Divincenzo is about 6'3" not 6'5" so I like him only as a 6th MOY type.

I got the ginzu knives out for all these non-Hawks.  Come at me, bro!!!

• Like 2

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Bridges is too small to play 4, too slow to play 3 and can't shoot.  Have fun with that, CHA.  Oh and the fact that CHA wanted him pretty much guarantees he's a bust.

Divincenzo is about 6'3" not 6'5" so I like him only as a 6th MOY type.

I got the ginzu knives out for all these non-Hawks.  Come at me, bro!!!

Do Lonnie Walker

41 minutes ago, aali34 said:

Do Lonnie Walker

Lonnie Walkuh?  You want me to do Lonnie Walkuh?  Oh you mean Elfrid Walker?  Same dude who said the world ain't real, it's all an 'illusion'?

Yeah, good luck convincing me that hairstyle isn't ... *ahem* ... chemically induced.  Are you picking up what I'm puttin down here, bro?

I'm saying decision making is probably in the 'con' column of his pros/cons breakdown.

Have fun with that, Coach Pop.  Walker's likely outcome is as that really good dunker at the Y straight beastin' on weekend warriors.  Meanwhile, the old-heads on the sidelines sayin', "Uh ya know he used-ta play in tha league?"

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Lonnie Walkuh?  You want me to do Lonnie Walkuh?  Oh you mean Elfrid Walker?  Same dude who said the world ain't real, it's all an 'illusion'?

Yeah, good luck convincing me that hairstyle isn't ... *ahem* ... chemically induced.  Are you picking up what I'm puttin down here, bro?

I'm saying decision making is probably in the 'con' column of his pros/cons breakdown.

Have fun with that, Coach Pop.  Walker's likely outcome is as that really good dunker at the Y straight beastin' on weekend warriors.  Meanwhile, the old-heads on the sidelines sayin', "Uh ya know he used-ta play in tha league?"

Actually, there is plenty of scientific evidence that shows this might be a simulation. Unless of course, if you feel you want to be at odds with a large number of physicists. https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/are-we-living-in-a-computer-simulation/  Quit trying to make me a Lonnie Walker fan with your Jedi mind trick....it won't work.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

Mule is 100% right with this post. The NBA is a grind and many nights, teams just don't have the legs to put up major points. It isn't a playoff strategy to go all in on offense, but it is a helluva regular season seeding strategy.

3 hours ago, Buzzard said:

I think Dennis has to be moved and that has been the plan ever since he publicly said he was disgruntled and wanted a way out. I think if Dennis brings a bad attitude into the locker room, we may try and give him away.

Bazemore being moved is a coin toss to me. He is a good vet and a good teammate by all accounts. A solid influence for three new rookies. With the way Travis is with cap flexibility and adding picks, something along those lines will be needed to trade Baze away.

Three rookies and add in Schröder, this season could be Pierce's most chaotic. I do think he is going to be fine. He has been around the game, different types of players and personalities, for over a decade. Pierce does not strike me as a push over.

I am so conflicted and for this very reason.  Baze is a hard worker, a good pro. He is not worth his contract in numbers, but he is the type I could see becoming a coach one day. He rarely takes plays off, keeps playing, even if down 20. There has to be some real value in his character/work ethic making others better. I'm wondering how much of Hawks U (even if only a little) can be attributed to his influence/example.

• Premium Member

2 flat earthers on same team lol