• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Begining to look like Dennis is staying

Peoriabird

• Premium Member
On 6/28/2018 at 11:57 AM, Buzzard said:

I am hoping a contender or wanna be contender ( Bud I am talking to you ) will take a flyer on him. There is really no sense in keeping Dennis for the long term with so much invested in Trae.

If not moved by the start of the season, I think he will start to be show cased. I also think Dennis and Trae will be on the court together some; but not for long,

Bud wouldn't touch Dennis with a ten foot pole.   It always seemed like Bud was forced to use Dennis because he was the cheaper/younger option. 

On 6/28/2018 at 3:16 AM, TheNorthCydeRises said:

If Dennis is moved, it would be the clearest indication to me that the Hawks intend on being a top 5 lottery team next season.   Despite what people think, Dennis is a positive for the team, not a negative.   There is no way I'm singling out Dennis for his bad defense, when the entire team sucked defensively.   And the only thing offensively he didn't do well, was shoot the 3 ball.

As high as people are on Taurean Prince these days, he was a FAR worse detriment to the squad last year, than Dennis.  He just gets the benefit out the doubt because 1) he's a 2nd year player . . and 2) he balled out for a 2 week stretch toward the end of the season.   People see "potential" in Taurean, while they don't think that Dennis can get any better ( which isn't true ).

I for one hope the Hawks keep Dennis going into the season.  With Trae being the overwhelmingly biggest boom or bust player in the draft, it would be silly to deal Dennis, and assume that Trae is ready from Day 1.

It really is shame that Dennis did not develop into the player he could be today.  If I were running the show, Dennis would remain on the team for at least another season.  It is obvious that TY is the point guard of the future, but it would be nice to have someone ahead of him for a year.   

DS has potential to be a star.  I just wonder what goes on in between his ears.   

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

How in the hell can you already discard a 24 year old player? Is ridicolous, some player come from draft with nearly that age

You can’t deny Dennis has came with a lot of drama both on and off the floor. He could make a huge leap entering his prime, but I’m willing to be he doesn’t really make a jump. A very good penetrator and that’s about it.

10 minutes ago, ggp said:

It really is shame that Dennis did not develop into the player he could be today.  If I were running the show, Dennis would remain on the team for at least another season.  It is obvious that TY is the point guard of the future, but it would be nice to have someone ahead of him for a year.   

DS has potential to be a star.  I just wonder what goes on in between his ears.   

No.  It's really a shame that the team gave up on Dennis, and decided to bottom out the roster.   I knew from the jump that when they took away the other 3 top scorers away from Dennis ( Millsap, Howard, Hardaway Jr ), that Dennis would feel the need to have to do most of the scoring on his own.  I mean, the 2nd scoring option on the team for most of the year, was Kent Bazemore.

It would be fitting if the Hawks traded him to a halfway decent team, and then see Dennis really blossom alongside a main scoring option that can make life a little easier for him.

Blaming Dennis for his lack of development last year, would be like blaming a NASCAR driver for not winning races, when you give him a 1968 body style of car and engine to race with, instead of a 2018 body style and engine.

Image result for nascar cars 2018

Image result for richard petty 1968

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

If Luka did this, people here would be smiling and drooling drooling like a 6 month old baby.

But when Dennis does this . . . he's selfish and not a team player.

I like ur pop/Duncan video better ? 

1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Who are you trying to trade him for?  Aaron Gordon?

Haha no I went on the Magic board like a month ago suggesting that they should trade for Dennis. I think I suggested #6 and Isaac for #3 and Dennis. They got mad at that. 

I explained to them politely that they haven’t had a point guard like Dennis since Penny. That’s when they really started hating me. I didn’t say anything that wasn’t true unless people think Jameer is as good or better than Dennis. Honestly, outside of Penny, which point guard have they had that was worth ANYTHING?

Anyways, they are double and triple teaming me in there and nobody is coming to my rescue..not even the sleeping ? beauty @kg01. Smh

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

You probably won't get too many like for posting positives about Dennis. Just saying! Atlanta point guard aren't know for being showered with love by Atlanta fans

Lolololol, I dont care man. Until such time that Dennis is no longer wearing 'Hawks' across his chest, I'm all in.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

I’m trying to trade Dennis on realgm but the Orlando Magic fans seem a bit bitter and hostile toward me? ? 

Lol, you should know better.

1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Who are you trying to trade him for?  Aaron Gordon?

Magic fans thinks it's ok to send us Bizmack for Dennis since we are saving money on Dennis' last year of his deal. 

If Schlenck does some ish like this I'd be really be pissed.

Like, i keep saying - Dennis is flawed but still has on court value, Biz meanwhile - steaming hot garbage.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Lol, you should know better.

Magic fans thinks it's ok to send us Bizmack for Dennis since we are saving money on Dennis' last year of his deal. 

If Schlenck does some ish like this I'd be really be pissed.

Like, i keep saying - Dennis is flawed but still has on court value, Biz meanwhile - steaming hot garbage.

Ya I should have stay home and not wandered to Magic land. 

Ya wtf they keep saying Biz...no thanks. 

8 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Haha no I went on the Magic board like a month ago suggesting that they should trade for Dennis. I think I suggested #6 and Isaac for #3 and Dennis. They got mad at that. 

I explained to them politely that they haven’t had a point guard like Dennis since Penny. That’s when they really started hating me. I didn’t say anything that wasn’t true unless people think Jameer is as good or better than Dennis. Honestly, outside of Penny, which point guard have they had that was worth ANYTHING?

Anyways, they are double and triple teaming me in there and nobody is coming to my rescue..not even the sleeping ? beauty @kg01. Smh

Wha?  You s'posed to yell, "Koo-kooooo!!!  Squad up, we got beef!!" ... and we woulda come a-runnin.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, kg01 said:

Wha?  You s'posed to yell, "Koo-kooooo!!!  Squad up, we got beef!!" ... and we woulda come a-runnin.

22 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

:laugh::laugh:

I just threw you a bone on the island. Go check.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, kg01 said:

Exactly, he shoulda yelled...'tool up'

Straight ftom The Wire.

• Like 1