• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I personally think Young, Huerter and Spellman are raw

NBASupes

None of them are polished. 

Young is uber talented and an extremely gifted PG but lacks the measurements and tools needed to translate instantly. 

Kevin Huerter is talented like Klay but is even less polished than Klay was out of Washington State. 

Spellman is like Green, polished and skilled but needs to work on his conditioning to an extreme degree. 

All three are backups right now. None of them are as good as Dennis, Baze or Dedmon. All of them will take some time to develop. I would say due to their talent especially Young and Huerter, it will more like John Collins than Tyler Dorsey. They will add depth and get minutes. 

7 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

I am not sure if Green is the best comparison to Spellman ... Green is the main/best facilitator on GS ... that is not Spellman's game at all.

Spellman isn't a playmaker but he is a great passer. He has more post skill than Green, shoots much better than Green and moves his feet very well out of college like Green

• Like 1

• Admin
7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Spellman isn't a playmaker but he is a great passer. He has more post skill than Green, shoots much better than Green and moves his feet very well out of college like Green

I see him more like a fat Ibaka ... seems to be a decent shot blocker and has a nice 3 pt shot

On 6/26/2018 at 2:24 PM, Macknsweetjones said:

I don’t get the Huerter and Klay comparison..yeah they both can shoot..but it’s clear Kevin can put the ball on the floor something klay can’t do to save his life 

Even the Hawks haters over at ESPN are saying he is closer to Klay than Korver. And it is due mostly to his athletic ability.

19 hours ago, Buzzard said:

Even the Hawks haters over at ESPN are saying he is closer to Klay than Korver. And it is due mostly to his athletic ability.

Still don’t make it true...ask Klay to dribble and he’s a deer in headlights. Just looking at his style of play he had more James harden than anything, especially with that step back move he has.

Best comparison I’ve seen has been Mike Miller and damnit if he turns out that good, we lucked up.

22 hours ago, Buzzard said:

3 hours ago, Macknsweetjones said:

Still don’t make it true...ask Klay to dribble and he’s a deer in headlights. Just looking at his style of play he had more James harden than anything, especially with that step back move he has.

• Like 2

On 6/26/2018 at 10:58 AM, NBASupes said:

None of them are polished. 

Young is uber talented and an extremely gifted PG but lacks the measurements and tools needed to translate instantly. 

Kevin Huerter is talented like Klay but is even less polished than Klay was out of Washington State. 

Spellman is like Green, polished and skilled but needs to work on his conditioning to an extreme degree. 

All three are backups right now. None of them are as good as Dennis, Baze or Dedmon. All of them will take some time to develop. I would say due to their talent especially Young and Huerter, it will more like John Collins than Tyler Dorsey. They will add depth and get minutes. 

They are all raw as far as professionals go, but compared to other prospects they are amongst the most polished skill wise. FWIW, Spellman set a Hawks record in some sort of (IIRC) conditioning drill so I don’t think it’ll be a problem. With his competitive drive and a team of pros behind him, I think he drops down to about 240-245 and gains a slight boost in quickness and stamina. The kid has all the makings of a 2nd round steal and Schlenk has been really good late in the draft.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EazyRoc said:

Best comparison I’ve seen has been Mike Miller and damnit if he turns out that good, we lucked up.

Same here. I remember hoping we would get him in that draft. Instead we got DerMarr Johnson with the 6th pick right after Mike. Our biggest miss that year was probably Jamal Crawford taken 8th and traded to the Bulls. Chris Mihm 7th and Pryz 9th had at least serviceable careers compared to DeMarr.

On 6/27/2018 at 8:12 PM, Buzzard said:

I'll be honest.  There are some out there who want to compare Kevin Huerter NOW vs Klay Thompson NOW, and there is no comparison NOW.  However, if you compare Kevin Huerter now to Klay Thompson when he was a junior at Washington State, there is a very strong comparison between the two.  

People forget that Klay is a guy who rose during the draft process as a junior prospect.  Kevin Huerter went from a 2nd round guy to being a mid first round pick when teams started working him out and taking a deeper look at his film and analytics from his sophomore season.  Honestly, had he gone back for his junior season, he's probably a late lottery pick in 2019, much like Klay in 2011.  

• Like 2